Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

IMO #2. Colors are awesome!

Hehe, that's the one I used, but only partially because of the colors. If you enter in the POTM contest make sure you submit a horizontal picture. Only the horizontal enlarge, for some reason the vertical do not. Also, if you can set your camera to 5000 x 3000 pxl or 3000 x 5000 pxl, you'll get the finest max resolution for a clean, detailed pic. I run mine at 3000 x 4500 to keep the same ratio when reduced. What I need to do is manually trim the pixels so I can keep my crystal clear shots.

I've been having problems with being able to see clearly through my Pentax's viewfinder. I need a little digital display that attaches to the viewfinder so I don't have to be so close. If no one makes them I might build one.

Until that happens, or I get new glasses, I needed a camera that has a digital display instead of a viewfinder. I gave my mom a Sony Alpha a5000 mirrorless last year and really loved using it when I had it for a few days before sending it to her. I was going to buy myself one but my mom is giving me back the one I sent her because it's too complicated for her to use. It's a bada$$ camera. Near as capable as my Pentax. It has a 50mm digital zoom high end lens so it will get me those close-ups I need for the grow log and POTM. I'm stoked! The new mirrorless cameras are leaps and bounds ahead of the standard DSLRs. This particular model has interchangeable lenses and can be adapted for pro lenses, including those sick a$$ 4/3 micro primes and full blown cinema lenses. I have cheap zoom lenses that came in a packaged deal with the Pentax and ran out of fundage before I could buy any DA or D FA lenses. The cheap ones I have, have slack when I'm trying dial in the focus. That makes getting a super sharp image a pain in the a$$. The 50mm on the a5000 is digital with a tight tight tight infinity spin focus ring. Slick as snot. Oh yeah, that camera is just plain sick. I can do mad close-ups with it.

61rodqFzrAL AC SL1500
71YnXOFnY8L AC SL1500
41xsoEcocnL AC SY400

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Just got hit by a supercell storm that cut the garden in half. It was inches of water and near hurricane winds for about an hour. I took a good look at the damage and it looks worse than it is. Most are just bent over but BIC #1&#2 lost their tops at the fence line. The Idunnoes is gone. The rest are just bent over being held up by the fence.

I praise God either way. He gives and takes away, then gives again. I'll come out of this just fine. Hahaha, I laugh in the face of destruction! If I know God, and I'm sure I do. I will come out of this season well.

Here's some pics...
20181003 182126
20181003 181616
20181003 181608
20181003 181548
20181003 181539

Last edited:
Mullpig

Mullpig

Just got hit by a supercell storm that cut the garden in half. It was inches of water and near hurricane winds for about an hour. I took a good look at the damage and it looks worse than it is. Most are just bent over but BIC #1&#2 lost their tops at the fence line. The Idunnoes is gone. The rest are just bent over being held up by the fence.

I praise God either way. He gives and takes away, then gives again. I'll come out of this just fine. Hahaha, I laugh in the face of destruction! If I know God, and I'm sure I do. I will come out of this season well.

Here's some pics...
View attachment 834030 View attachment 834031 View attachment 834032 View attachment 834033 View attachment 834034
Spewing! But they will come back

Wishbone

Wishbone

Here's some pics...
View attachment 834030 View attachment 834031 View attachment 834032 View attachment 834033 View attachment 834034

Damn! Sorry man, that is quite unfortunate. Are the broken bits harvestable?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Damn! Sorry man, that is quite unfortunate. Are the broken bits harvestable?

Yes, and no. They just started the swell. I mean, smoking them will get you high but probably only a small fraction of what they'd be in a few weeks. Definitely not marketable. The Idunnoes is kindling. The BIC#1 top will probably be ok smoke. The BIC#2 is pretty immature and still had a lot of hairs. The thing is, most of what I lost looks like a lot but compared to the rest of the plant they were pretty small portions. I hope that BIC#2 broke off above the branches laying over the Banana Crack. Those had a good amount of large colas. BIC#3 looks like it lost very little and just laid over. The Banana Crack looks largely intact. The Orange Creamsicle looks like it just bent with no breakage at all. It's hard to see what was what with the Idunnoes fallen over in the way.

I won't try to move anything till they're drier because the water weight will cause them to snap. I'll try to shake them first. If we have more storms like that one coming I'm leaving them down till they pass and trim away the broken stuff. I wasn't ready to dry any major branches so I've got to figure that out real quick like.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Yes, and no. They just started the swell. I mean, smoking them will get you high but probably only a small fraction of what they'd be in a few weeks. Definitely not marketable. The Idunnoes is kindling. The BIC#1 top will probably be ok smoke. The BIC#2 is pretty immature and still had a lot of hairs. The thing is, most of what I lost looks like a lot but compared to the rest of the plant they were pretty small portions. I hope that BIC#2 broke off above the branches laying over the Banana Crack. Those had a good amount of large colas. BIC#3 looks like it lost very little and just laid over. The Banana Crack looks largely intact. The Orange Creamsicle looks like it just bent with no breakage at all. It's hard to see what was what with the Idunnoes fallen over in the way.

I won't try to move anything till they're drier because the water weight will cause them to snap. I'll try to shake them first. If we have more storms like that one coming I'm leaving them down till they pass and trim away the broken stuff. I wasn't ready to dry any major branches so I've got to figure that out real quick like.

Good luck man.

justiceman

justiceman

Yup same here man that supercell hit me too. I saw some hanging branches outside but it was too dark too see everything. Going to go out tomorrow and see what's going on and take some pictures. Here's to us still pulling through with a good harvest! :party1:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yup same here man that supercell hit me too. I saw some hanging branches outside but it was too dark too see everything. Going to go out tomorrow and see what's going on and take some pictures. Here's to us still pulling through with a good harvest! :party1:

The key here is to keep a positive attitude. Even with as bad as that crazy a$$ tornado generator was, our plants are likely to still be at least half intact. Hey, we call it weed for a reason. I'm pretty sure you are a man of faith by responses you've made, so I remind you... What evil the enemy plans for us the Lord uses for our good. Curses become blessings to us and I can't help but be excited to see how the Lord works this out in our favor.

Watch, the colas that are left will get more light and our harvest comes out super bomb. Hahaha!

justiceman

justiceman

Well said and very inspirational! I am all for keeping a positive attitude and it looks as if everything's going to be just fine for us. Gonna post an update in a moment here. The show must go on :cool:

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Holy F^ck dude! How strong were those winds and rain. Wow I’m sorry. looks like everything’s holding on.
Keep the positive attitude!!
Over here on the other coast, the last 24 day we’ve had like 18-19 days of rain. I would think everyone out here is suffering from RH and bud rot issues.
Tough harvest weather for all this year.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Holy F^ck dude! How strong were those winds and rain. Wow I’m sorry. looks like everything’s holding on.
Over here on the other coast, the last 24 day we’ve had like 18-19 days of rain. I would think everyone out here is suffering from RH and bud rot issues.

CO has been great so far, but we have cold and rain coming.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The storm was a tornado generator. I saw a wannabe funnel trying to form about 1k feet away. They have trouble getting up enough speed to form over this broken up terrain but we're still low enough in the mountains to get the near full force of these storms when they come through. I'm obsessed with tornados and always had a feel for them. When I was stationed in Omaha my friends and I would get drunk and chase them on our motorcycles (insane fearless youth). I felt this one coming and actually recorded it. It was a trip watching the pine needles falling up from the pine trees at the end of my driveway. It takes some serious wind to carry huge wet ponderosa and sugar pine needles vertical. Looked like a vacuum passing over (basically was). I'm sure what hacked my plants wasn't the whole storm blowing them around. It was a single micro downburst hitting the ground with such pressure it sheared everything off above the support cables and fence. The storm wasn't blowing any one way but all my plants were laid over in the same direction. I've been hit by downbursts around here before and they'll nearly take you off your feet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom