Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

SJunk, have to give you credit on the heater. That little f’r pumps out some heat! Should work perfect for the 2X4, temp controller delivery today. :love1:
Thanks again

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

SJunk, have to give you credit on the heater. That little f’r pumps out some heat! Should work perfect for the 2X4, temp controller delivery today. :love1:
Thanks again

No prob. Which controller you get? Mine will be here Mon.

I was going to put mine out there tonight but realised I forgot to cover the light. When ink wouldn't work I used electric tape but wanted to make sure it was safe first before I put it out there.

Dude, I don't want to give this little heater up. Been keeping my feet nice and toasty.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Whatcha doing up at 3:30?!??
I’ve been up for a few hours dinkin around with the tent and heater.
Got this single temp cont since I really only need for either cold or heat.
Temp was 42 last night and tent held at 55 all night so heater should only need to increase 15-20 degrees which I think the little buddy should do it. Keep you posted.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 12/1/18

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately but the storms have been making it near impossible to upload using my cellular internet.
20181202 034549
20181201 102142
20181201 151219
20181201 151407
20181201 151301
20181201 151234
20181201 151648
20181201 151549
20181201 151243
20181201 151819
20181201 151714

The Idunnoes is still going. It's really hard to tell if the flowers are ready. The bracts are so small I don't know if they're already swollen or haven't started yet. I see that there are still stigma that haven't senesced so I'm trying to use that as my guide. I'm thinking it might not be worth harvesting her with how foofy the buds are but I don't want to miss out just in case they have an incredible high.
20181201 150101
20181201 150224
20181201 150306
20181201 150445
20181201 145956
20181201 150002
20181201 150415
20181201 150138

Stoner stew
20181201 142050

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Temp was 42 last night and tent held at 55 all night so heater should only need to increase 15-20 degrees which I think the little buddy should do it. Keep you posted.

I never keep normal hours. It's cool sometimes cause I get to chat with the Aussies and Kiwis while they're still up.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

32F outside right now. Tent is probably upper 30's. This will be the last night they have to suffer through it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks again

You gotta thread on this tent grow? I don't follow my friends on here just their threads or I wouldn't be able to keep up with the alerts. I gotta check a few of your profiles to see if I've missed some. I know I've got to have missed some of FarmerP's. He's always got something cookin. I was going to start a new thread for next year's outdoor run but I didn't want it to be a hassle for everyone already subscribe to this threat.

Maybe we can get Logic to set up a way to follow people when they're just posting on their own threads. I would follow all you guys if that were an option. I wonder if a more filtered follow function is possible with this forum software. Some people also lock their profiles so this could be an option for them if they just want to keep their personal info private.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

You gotta thread on this tent grow? I don't follow my friends on here just their threads or I wouldn't be able to keep up with the alerts. I gotta check a few of your profiles to see if I've missed some. I know I've got to have missed some of FarmerP's. He's always got something cookin. I was going to start a new thread for next year's outdoor run but I didn't want it to be a hassle for everyone already subscribe to this threat.

Maybe we can get Logic to set up a way to follow people when they're just posting on their own threads. I would follow all you guys if that were an option. I wonder if a more filtered follow function is possible with this forum software. Some people also lock their profiles so this could be an option for them if they just want to keep their personal info private.

Put three beans in baggie this morning. Once they get into solos and start something I will start a thread.
Seems like could be an easy add on for a follow thread option. I know a few I would want to follow.
I will tag you in when started.
Got the tent over 80 today with the heater.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Put three beans in baggie this morning. Once they get into solos and start something I will start a thread.
Seems like could be an easy add on for a follow thread option. I know a few I would want to follow.

Cool. Looking forward to it.

Oh, my girls are gonna love that heater.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Haven't looked at the package since I opened it and didn't realise it was called a Heat O Bud...

Pwaahahahaha!

Shows how observant I am.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So I'm safely running my little "Heat O Bud" heater now that I bought new batteries for my hygrometer. It has two settings 170w & 250w and I have mine set at 170w in my 4x2 tent. It's currently running 67.8F and still slowly climbing with an outdoor temp of 48.6F. I think it's going to stabilise around 72-73F. (Edit: The temp has stabilised at roughly 21F above the outside air. Thats perfect. I'll kick it up to the 250w setting if outdoor temp goes into the 20's.) Right now I have 275w of CXB3590s running and a 120mm computer fan on low bringing in outside air. At night when the lights turn off so will the fan, so I'll have to see if that causes the temp to rise, drop, or hold stable. The outside temp tonight should be around 31F but as long as the heater keeps the tent above 50, I'll be happy.

These little heaters are efficient enough to be a consideration for my eventual all solar grow room build. Maybe a couple of them. That would be enough to hold the temps to a comfortable level in a well insulated room at all but the most extreme temps (in my location).
20181202 155522

I love snow clouds, except for the cold that comes with them.

Sky art...
20181202 151249

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The temp isn't perfect but it's waaay better than it is outside. Now I know it's going to require me to run it on the 250w setting on cold night's like this.

20181202 235809

---------------------------------------

I know it's not part of my grow log but I have to share. My son and I had a falling out over a year ago and he just contacted me wanting to work sh*t out. He still sounds bitter but I dont give s sh*t. I'm just happy to hear from him. For those of you who know where I stand spiritually, it's one of my greatest prayers being answered.

F

FutureGrower

The temp isn't perfect but it's waaay better than it is outside. Now I know it's going to require me to run it on the 250w setting on cold night's like this.

View attachment 844542

I know it's not part of my grow log but I have to share. My son and I had a falling out over a year ago and he just contacted me wanting to work sh*t out. He still sounds bitter but I dont give s sh*t. I'm just happy to hear from him. For those of you who know where I stand spiritually, it's one of my greatest prayers being answered.

That's awesome man. I called my dad 3 times recently first time speaking in 8 or so years, he wasnt really receptive but I'm glad I tried. I'm super happy you guys may be working on the right direction man! Life is too short to hold grudges best of luck between you guys!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That's awesome man. I called my dad 3 times recently first time speaking in 8 or so years, he wasnt really receptive but I'm glad I tried. I'm super happy you guys may be working on the right direction man! Life is too short to hold grudges best of luck between you guys!

I had a rough childhood. I don't mean normal rough, I mean abuse that people do 20yrs+ for. So I've had a hard time seeing my kids grievances with me as any more than spoiled and petty. But I'm trying to take into consideration that, to him, they are that serious and that I should feel blessed that he's willing to try and communicate that to me. Even when it seems to come from a place of anger.

I hope you and your dad can work it out. You have my prayers. Believe me, as a father, if he's listening to you he's at least trying to hear you.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

View attachment 844542

Glad to hear man. Good luck!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It got down to 30.6F last night (really it was more like 28F cause the hygrometer is sitting on the warm tent). Hard freeze warning in effect. With the "Heat O Bud" Set at 170w the tent stayed above 43.5F. That's a very respectable number. I consider a sustained 44F is about as cold as most cannabis can get before they start going into shock. These girls have known nearly nothing but cold since flower, so I'd give them down to around 38F. I also think that they'll bloom fine around 60F with beans better adapted to cold. I've seen cannabis adapt for climate in one gen.

Ice on the awning above the tent.
20181203 080616

So cold it even shocked some plants.
20181203 080744

F

FutureGrower

I had a rough childhood. I don't mean normal rough, I mean abuse that people do 20yrs+ for. So I've had a hard time seeing my kids grievances with me as any more than spoiled and petty. But I'm trying to take into consideration that, to him, they are that serious and that I should feel blessed that he's willing to try and communicate that to me. Even when it seems to come from a place of anger.

I hope you and your dad can work it out. You have my prayers. Believe me, as a father, if he's listening to you he's at least trying to hear you.

Thank you brother I'll be saying some prayers for you and your son as well :)

Top Bottom