Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Sampled the first buds of that Pipatxu runt earlier. They're pretty good! Definite creeper high, very chill and time-slowing. There's a nice bit of that "wait, what?" head cloudiness, no jitters, and a significant amount of muscle relaxation. That plant wasn't a keeper, but it makes me more optimistic about her (much stronger) sister that I just flipped. The aromatic note of roasted sunflower seeds is spot on.

Also my new drying method seems to have worked really well. It's very complicated- I hung the plants in my bathtub and put a fan on the floor blowing underneath them. The fan circulates the cold air from the floor and bathtub, the room stays around 60 degrees, and the plants were ready to trim and jar in 3 days.

I'm bummed that I blackthumbed the Pipatxu males, but whatever. If this next plant lives up to its potential, it'll be getting bukkaked for sure.

I am so completely off the goddamn grid- it's not a question of addressing me, it's "what do these symbols under the dresser mean? 👾

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
That's always the hard part- where to keep the males when they flower. I've been a fan of putting them in airtight closets with led's and running that like a sealed room. Just gotta be super careful with the pollen collection process so you don't accidentally pollinate anything else.

Males are far easier to flower than females because they will still produce pollen with lower light levels than flowering buds like. A few standard light bulbs around 3000k should be fine.

$44 a pop. 24 x 24 x 48

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Between the Cascades and Rockies? or farther eastt. Canada is such a beautiful country, still very untamed in areas.
Canadians are fortunate to have such wide open, self cleaning country. Constantly in a state of natural renewal and growth. It's going to be the place of the future, as the north pole drifts into Russia, and the United States becomes like Mexico. It's happening rapidly, and nobody even really talks about it.

In 1850's the north pole was located above Hudson bay in Nunavut, now it's on the far side of the Arctic Ocean, and moving fast into Siberia.

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I looked for a large dog-friendly rental from Vancouver Island to the Koots, every day for months, on multiple sites, and had zero luck. Where I am now, it took 2 days to find a place that I can afford and a landlord that actively likes my dog because NOBODY is going to break in.

Admittedly, only around the cities. I have a hard time in small towns because I'm generally nocturnal.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I looked for a large dog-friendly rental from Vancouver Island to the Koots, every day for months, on multiple sites, and had zero luck. Where I am now, it took 2 days to find a place that I can afford and a landlord that actively likes my dog because NOBODY is going to break in.

Admittedly, only around the cities. I have a hard time in small towns because I'm generally nocturnal.
You freaky ass mofo .......when you makin a pizza ? Your dog eat pizza ? Sometimes when I watch yeast rise I think it's out to mess me up , you ever get that feeling ?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Me too, I generally sleep during the daytime for decades now and that's not going to change probably ever. I've got a decent set of Newcon Optik NVG7 a high resolution set, and an FLIR Scout 3 640x48 thermal, so I pretty much own the night when I'm out there. I really like the thermal here in the city, I usually take it with me during walks at night.

Believe it or not, there's a lot of owls and coyote living right here in the city, I see them all the time.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

So my initial vape of the G13 Hashplant was outstanding. Huge G13 flavor with a lingering funky sourness in my face. Instant muscle relaxation and calm, but crystal clear mentally, with no drowsiness or trippiness. It's a very body-centered high, which makes me optimistic about the crosses that I (hopefully! I haven't picked apart the pollinated buds yet) made and the ones that I have in store. That sourness will play well with fruit, diesel, and (duh) haze flavors.

There's definitely a difference in vigor between these (Hazeman's) and the 710 Genetics freebee that I ran last year. Far more stretch, thicker buds, and just as much stink.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Sometimes i wonder if my wife and i would enjoy a college town if we ever move from the city for in part this reason. If i can't get my nighthawks on when the mood strikes, what am I even doing?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Sometimes i wonder if my wife and i would enjoy a college town if we ever move from the city for in part this reason. If i can't get my nighthawks on when the mood strikes, what am I even doing?

Probably depends on the town! They tend to be pretty walkable.

But dude. You live in the best city in the world. Chicago is amazing and nothing will compare.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Probably depends on the town! They tend to be pretty walkable.

But dude. You live in the best city in the world. Chicago is amazing and nothing will compare.
I'm not actually moving, but tokyo is my pick for best city in existence. Though they do really hate weed.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Fair. I haven't been there. Pre-2020 Hong Kong was up there in my book, but alas...

As far as in North America? Chicago is my number one. The food, the people, the public transportation, the weather (4 seasons, none very severe)... if I ever end up living back in the US, it'll be in Chicago.

I feel like it's one of the few cities that would really appreciate my kind of restaurant- a 15 seat daily changing prix fixe menu restaurant in my basement that serves the vegetables and herbs grown there with local (preferably hunted) proteins and beer/wine/weed pairings. Schwa meets Faviken.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I feel like it's one of the few cities that would really appreciate my kind of restaurant- a 15 seat daily changing prix fixe menu restaurant in my basement that serves the vegetables and herbs grown there with local (preferably hunted) proteins and beer/wine/weed pairings. Schwa meets Faviken.
Not severe by canadian standards, no.

The thing i like about here is it's a city, but you can find pockets that still feel like a place (not a vista dreamed up by a team of consultants to communicate family sensibility and a sense of freshness to the apple store framing or whatever prime commercial a block we have here) AND the people you see on the sidewalk look like normal people who don't want to jump off a bridge.

Anywho, yes, you could make a place like that work here if you could figure out licensing. Might wanna get good with cured Wisconsin venison 🤣

I'm actually thinking the place to do it would be like the second floor of an old building in Uptown on broadway or something. Chicago still has such insane opportunities for developers unafraid of minorities.

Top Bottom