Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TopShelfTrees

TopShelfTrees

Thanks @Frankster definitely can’t beat that price. I’ve been searching for a certain size/brand for weeks now, may grab this as well to throw in the basement out of the was.

$44 a pop. 24 x 24 x 48

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Not severe by canadian standards, no.

The thing i like about here is it's a city, but you can find pockets that still feel like a place (not a vista dreamed up by a team of consultants to communicate family sensibility and a sense of freshness to the apple store framing or whatever prime commercial a block we have here) AND the people you see on the sidewalk look like normal people who don't want to jump off a bridge.

Anywho, yes, you could make a place like that work here if you could figure out licensing. Might wanna get good with cured Wisconsin venison 🤣

I'm actually thinking the place to do it would be like the second floor of an old building in Uptown on broadway or something. Chicago still has such insane opportunities for developers unafraid of minorities.

Licensing? What licensing? 😉 Do that shit at rotating locations and only charge an "entrance fee" and people are only paying for interactive pop-up theater! The theater just so happens to create food, which might as well be eaten. You know, so it doesn't go to waste.

(of couse then it wouldn't be with plants grown on location and wouldn't be in my basement, but whatever)

dire wolf

dire wolf

Licensing? What licensing? 😉 Do that shit at rotating locations and only charge an "entrance fee" and people are only paying for interactive pop-up theater! The theater just so happens to create food, which might as well be eaten. You know, so it doesn't go to waste.

(of couse then it wouldn't be with plants grown on location and wouldn't be in my basement, but whatever)
Genius

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Came up with a little chart for the males. It's not a finished finished version, but it's a decent enough starting point.
Screenshot from 2021 03 04 04 10 14

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

In other news, I started angling the boards in the flower closet to intersect slightly. Should help increase spread.

Screenshot from 2021 03 04 04 15 50

G13 Haze, about a week to 10 days out. Durban-Thai x C99 and Sour Sorbet are to her right, and Sky Cuddler #2 is behind her.

Screenshot from 2021 03 04 04 03 23

A better view of the flowering closet setup. For those of you newer to following along, I start all regs at 12/12. Females get revegged as soon as they show sex, and males get sent off for pollen collection.

IMG 20210304 035148

Turns out that a person can get a pretty decent picture under a blurple if they play with the exposure and white balance.

BBAM = Blueberry Amnesia
Framboise = Mello Platinum Cookies x (MAC x Cherry Wine CBD)
Blue Power Mango = Blue Power [(Sour Dubbs x Master Kush) x White Moonshine] x Mango (Big Skunk Korean x Jack Herer)
Silverfields = Super Silver Haze x Sannie's signature poorly named but genetically excellent sativa.

IMG 20210304 035542

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

Lol so long as you budget for payoffs, you might be okay!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, I guess I'm happy with how this G13 Haze is finishing. 7-10 days out from chop, and the room reeks of cat pee. I crossed a bunch of stuff to her, so I think this is going to be the last pure G13 Haze run for a while.

Screenshot from 2021 03 06 01 18 20

Other than that, everything is in holding pattern. The last round of seedlings, Silverfields included, have popped and are growing steadily. I'll let them grow together in those little cups for a couple nodes and then transplant.

I also decided that I'm going to do the Afghan Project semi-blind. The plants will be labeled with their position when the seedlings are transplanted to individual containers (container, position, like A1-8, B1-8, etc.) There'll be a guide drawn up that'll only be referenced to make sure that there are some more seeds of pure Afgaan 90, but other than that it's every plant for itself, labeled like they're trying to sink someone's battleship.

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

72 hours of darkness for G13 Haze, and 72 hours of dankness in my bathroom. 😄 There's a LOUD cat pee smell coming from her, but that's just a portentious omen for it being a one way flight to hazey blazed.

G13 Haze 308

Lemon Citron went in to take its place, but the lights are off and I don't feel like taking pictures of the flower closet right now.

Next round: Moonshine x Amnesia x 2, the last G13 Hashplant, and the last Lemon Citron clone. The first G13 Hashplant to come down is vegging in the background.

Screenshot from 2021 03 08 08 58 36

I also up-potted and topped the 4 fastest growing of the Lemon OGK, Supreme Lemon, Heavy Grapefruit, and Lemon Pie. Of those, the Heavy Grapefruit has the least amount of stretch, so it'll definitely get vegged for longer.

Next to chop: the second Sky Cuddler. After that, it's a toss-up between Sour Sorbet, Durban-Thai x C99, and the Col'Jam Bastard. Then probably Maui Waui and the second Ghash, and quite possibly that Lemon Citron that I just flipped...

Either way, thanks for following along!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Finally, finally got the stuff to mix a new batch of dirt today. I'd been reusing the old stuff and amending it, now that worn out dirt can get finally shipped off to retirement to grow peppers and tomatoes.

8 gallons Perlite
1 block Canna Coco, hydrated in 3.5 gallons of water
1 gallon EWC
1 12.5 kg bag of composted shrimp (roughly 5 gallons)
1/2 cup Gaia Green 4-4-4
1 tablespoon humic/fulvic acid blend
1/2 cup kelp meal
1.5 cups dolomite lime
1/8 cup epsom salts
1 tablespoon micronized sulfur

Flowering plants have 2 tablespoons each of Mineralized Phosphate and Fishbone meal added to their 2 liter pots.

Also got some EWC tea and kelp tea going to join the already fermented alfalfa one that's been boosting the vegging plants for a while. It's easy to tell when the alfalfa one is ready- it smells like a fart of itself. All 3 will go into the fertigation mix, the EWC and kelp will also be used as foliars.

I also altered the light cycles. Fem seedlings and clones are under 24 hours of light now, then finish vegging under 18/6 before being switched to 12/12. Reg seedlings start under 12/12, once they show sex the females get put under 24 hours of light and the males go into the male tent (12/12) for pollen collection, and then 18/6 to finish vegging.

The G13 Haze is coming down at midnight. She's obnoxiously beautiful, I'll get up to post pictures later.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Finally, finally got the stuff to mix a new batch of dirt today. I'd been reusing the old stuff and amending it, now that worn out dirt can get finally shipped off to retirement to grow peppers and tomatoes.

8 gallons Perlite
1 block Canna Coco, hydrated in 3.5 gallons of water
1 gallon EWC
1 12.5 kg bag of composted shrimp (roughly 5 gallons)
1/2 cup Gaia Green 4-4-4
1 tablespoon humic/fulvic acid blend
1/2 cup kelp meal
1.5 cups dolomite lime
1/8 cup epsom salts
1 tablespoon micronized sulfur

Flowering plants have 2 tablespoons each of Mineralized Phosphate and Fishbone meal added to their 2 liter pots.

Also got some EWC tea and kelp tea going to join the already fermented alfalfa one that's been boosting the vegging plants for a while. It's easy to tell when the alfalfa one is ready- it smells like a fart of itself. All 3 will go into the fertigation mix, the EWC and kelp will also be used as foliars.

I also altered the light cycles. Fem seedlings and clones are under 24 hours of light now, then finish vegging under 18/6 before being switched to 12/12. Reg seedlings start under 12/12, once they show sex the females get put under 24 hours of light and the males go into the male tent (12/12) for pollen collection, and then 18/6 to finish vegging.

The G13 Haze is coming down at midnight. She's obnoxiously beautiful, I'll get up to post pictures later.
Stealing this from you 😁 thanks for posting

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Adios, G13 Haze. It's been a pleasure as always.

Chop1

Better detail on the lower branches.

Chop2

The biggest of the colas.

Chop3

I also built a wood frame for the plants to sit on, instead of them being on those storage bins. Turns out that gives me enough space to flower 2-3 more plants at a time, though I'm not using it now.

Screenshot from 2021 03 11 05 50 20
Screenshot from 2021 03 11 05 47 36
IMG 20210311 053230

All of the babies, developing plants, and clones under 24 hours of light in here. Some super fat leaf expressions from the Kubanskiy and the Supreme Lemons on the right. The seedlings will all get replanted in the next couple days, they're just in there until the soil dries out enough that separating them will be easier.

March babies

Lemon Pie, Lemon OG Kush, Supreme Lemon, Heavy Grapefruit, Kubanskiy, Siberian Haze, Blue Power Mango, Blueberry Amnesia, and Framboise. Interstate Dragon will get dropped when I repot these babies, and then Ye Olde Afghan Project shall commence.

Top Bottom