Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Dropped 10 Silverfields today. That's Sannie's Super Silver Haze cross, and a highlight of last year (especially the hash made from it).

That should keep me stocked on males and keep my itchy bean dropping trigger finger satiated until it's time for the Afghan Project to get dropped.

So right now, roughly 40 seeds are germing. It sounds like a lot, but it's really not.

Of those, I expect to cull 20-30% for one reason or another (or them not to pop), so 25-30 might make it through flip. If half of those are males, then that means that only 12-18 females will actually make it to the flower room- but they'll be the strongest 12-18 plants.

I also dropped a bunch of herbs today. Thyme, flat leaf parsley, rosemary, spearmint, lemon balm, catnip, and nasturtiums should be popping shortly. The tomatoes, cukes, sorrel, and lettuce that I dropped last week have popped already. Looks like I'll be able to start perpetually harvesting peppers and tomatoes indoors in June.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, I think I"m going to do several male hunts also, I've got a 30 sprouts coming up, but I'm going to do about that much again here in the next week, and then try and repeat that a few time in the coming months.

Autoflowers are the next project, as they need to come in early. Also I want to get plenty of Gorilla Glue into the ground and see how it does outside.

I got to figure out where I"m going to put them all since my idiot sidekick would rather mow old ladies lawns this spring than grow pot, and make something for himself. So Oregon is too far for me to do solo, and I don't trust anyone else but him. Getting some land up here seems an impossible task, so maybe I'll be in the bushes this spring, and working my place up on the mountain.

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

When does project afghan start?

April 15. Only thing I'm dropping between now and then is @Dragonsflame 's Interstate Dragon, which I'm very excited for.

After that comes Original Haze, G13 Hazeplant, and (hopefully) G13 Hashplant. If I can somehow manage it financially, I want to get a pack of Hazeman's Escaped (or POW) to drop around the same time. G13 Haze apparently used to actually be G13 x Haze, but somewhere along the way it turned into G13 x Hawaiian. I'd like to revisit that decision, and it seems like Escaped is the closest thing to G13 that exists today. 😉

(To nobody in particular) If, hypothetically, some Escaped were to find its way to me, I'd be happy to share the offspring... I'd also cross it with G13 Hashplant and the winner Afghanis.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
April 15. Only thing I'm dropping between now and then is @Dragonsflame 's Interstate Dragon, which I'm very excited for.

After that comes Original Haze, G13 Hazeplant, and (hopefully) G13 Hashplant. If I can somehow manage it financially, I want to get a pack of Hazeman's Escaped (or POW) to drop around the same time. G13 Haze apparently used to actually be G13 x Haze, but somewhere along the way it turned into G13 x Hawaiian. I'd like to revisit that decision. 😉
Is the haze from @agseedco?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Dropped 10 Silverfields today. That's Sannie's Super Silver Haze cross, and a highlight of last year (especially the hash made from it).

I've had a pack of that since it was first dropped and it's still sitting in the Seed Vault (plastic storage container in the back of the refrigerator - it's like Fort Knox).

Next seed run! (maybe.)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I've had a pack of that since it was first dropped and it's still sitting in the Seed Vault (plastic storage container in the back of the refrigerator - it's like Fort Knox).

Next seed run! (maybe.)

Definitely recommended! It's a great high. A euphoric slate clearer.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I just remember the red and gold from the late 70's early 80's and I would say trippy and psychedelic a very heady high. Small, sticky red haired little nuggets.

That's what I remember. I do believe it's lost to time, at least the strains I was smoking. It was a much more relaxing type high. It had both good cerebral and body effects, especially in the red types.

TopShelfTrees

TopShelfTrees

I’m actually doing a small mother hunt myself atm, and was given a few other “children” last week that unfortunately could no longer stay in their previous home. So now I guess I’m mother hunting two separate strains. You’ve got me contemplating keeping a male of this strain I’m ridiculously excited for. My only issue is where too keep it? I guess as long as it doesn’t flower it can’t pollenate correct? So I could technically keep him in the Veg room? Have witnessed breeding on a small scale but never done some myself. Seems like I have a good place to go for info regardless.

That should keep me stocked on males and keep my itchy bean dropping trigger finger satiated until it's time for the Afghan Project to get dropped.

So right now, roughly 40 seeds are germing. It sounds like a lot, but it's really not.

Of those, I expect to cull 20-30% for one reason or another (or them not to pop), so 25-30 might make it through flip. If half of those are males, then that means that only 12-18 females will actually make it to the flower room- but they'll be the strongest 12-18 plants.

I also dropped a bunch of herbs today. Thyme, flat leaf parsley, rosemary, spearmint, lemon balm, catnip, and nasturtiums should be popping shortly. The tomatoes, cukes, sorrel, and lettuce that I dropped last week have popped already. Looks like I'll be able to start perpetually harvesting peppers and tomatoes indoors in June.

After that comes Original Haze, G13 Hazeplant, and (hopefully) G13 Hashplant. If I can somehow manage it financially, I want to get a pack of Hazeman's Escaped (or POW) to drop around the same time. G13 Haze apparently used to actually be G13 x Haze, but somewhere along the way it turned into G13 x Hawaiian. I'd like to revisit that decision, and it seems like Escaped is the closest thing to G13 that exists today. 😉

(To nobody in particular) If, hypothetically, some Escaped were to find its way to me, I'd be happy to share the offspring... I'd also cross it with G13 Hashplant and the winner Afghanis.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I’m actually doing a small mother hunt myself atm, and was given a few other “children” last week that unfortunately could no longer stay in their previous home. So now I guess I’m mother hunting two separate strains. You’ve got me contemplating keeping a male of this strain I’m ridiculously excited for. My only issue is where too keep it? I guess as long as it doesn’t flower it can’t pollenate correct? So I could technically keep him in the Veg room? Have witnessed breeding on a small scale but never done some myself. Seems like I have a good place to go for info regardless.

That's always the hard part- where to keep the males when they flower. I've been a fan of putting them in airtight closets with led's and running that like a sealed room. Just gotta be super careful with the pollen collection process so you don't accidentally pollinate anything else.

Males are far easier to flower than females because they will still produce pollen with lower light levels than flowering buds like. A few standard light bulbs around 3000k should be fine.

TopShelfTrees

TopShelfTrees

I’ll just put it at the other house I guess.... better safe than sorry, light is definitely not an issue. I just know this strain is going to be a mainstay for me. And the first that has made me want to delve into any kind of breeding, I have the perfect partner for him in the seed vault as well.
="Kanzeon, post: 2591967, member: 104403"]
That's always the hard part- where to keep the males when they flower. I've been a fan of putting them in airtight closets with led's and running that like a sealed room. Just gotta be super careful with the pollen collection process so you don't accidentally pollinate anything else.

Males are far easier to flower than females because they will still produce pollen with lower light levels than flowering buds like. A few standard light bulbs around 3000k should be fine.
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom