Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Did a bunch of repotting and cleaning today.

The red solo has Berry Nice Plants from an old breeder known as E$kob@r, which is Santa Maria x (Santa Maria x Chocolate Rain). Santa Maria is a clone from France also called "cerise d'Exo Planck," (Exo Planck's Cherry), that is Riri Sour Diesel Cut x UK Cheese via somatic breeding. From Monsieur Exo-Planck:

"The somatic crossing is a cross between two non-sexual cells. One starts by taking a few cells of each variety, taking a piece of leaf and performing an extraction of protoplasm. A crossing is then made by means of an electric shock which will then weld the cells. Here I have only selected cells that have fused their cytoplasm but not their nucleus, to harvest the chloroplasts and mitochondria of one variety with nuclear genome on the other. Chloroplast and mitochondria being responsible for colors, odors and partly resistance. Subsequently, I realize a micropropagation to regenerate a plant."

Yeah, so that's leagues beyond my chucking ability. 😆

The container here has 5 Escaped plants and 3 Secret Chief ('88Ghash x SFV), with another Secret Chief in the deli cup next to it. Forbidden Fruitcake got dropped in the blue pot up front.

1021closet

MB15 x Pedro and Turkish are in the container in front. They've had a bit of a rough go, but all my fuck ups haven't killed them.

1021smalltent

Guava Dawg x Pedro, Col'Jam x Ghash, and Pipatxu x G13 Hazeplant are in the front containers here.

Tent1021

A little G13 Hazeplant spotlight. She's just about done.

GHH1

I mean, come on. That's a beautiful bud. I'm a proud papa.

GHH1021

Next to go down... I don't know! Maybe Orient Express x G13 Hazeplant. Maybe Vale Tudo. Maybe G-High. Maybe (Grape Ape Duct Tape) x Black Alchemy.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

The shorter pheno of G13 Hazeplant got de-budded today and put back in the 18/6 tent to reveg and for the seeds (Haze, Tin Foil Hat, and G13 Hazeplant) to finish. It's loud already, leaning towards G13 Haze's durian/cat pee/incense notes but with more earth and hash from the Ghash. The buds aren't the biggest, but that was more due to growing decisions than anything else.

In her spot in flower went the first of the Cocoa Puffs (Chocolate Thai x Chocolate Trip). Very excited to see how that turns out.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks man! I've got a spreadsheet for the grow, it's the only way I can keep track. 😄

The Dragons are photos, for sure. I'd like to run autos eventually but I like having control over the growing process too much. I feel like autos are like a drag race, and photos are like a Formula 1 race, you know?

Ever carved a hash pipe??
I can make just about any basic pipe I don't do any art on them. Hash pipe? Just a smaller bowl? if you show me a pic or a design I can tell you for sure.....Winter is coming I do most of my pipes when its not fit to be out doors.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I can make just about any basic pipe I don't do any art on them. Hash pipe? Just a smaller bowl? if you show me a pic or a design I can tell you for sure.....Winter is coming I do most of my pipes when its not fit to be out doors.
Use this little Birdseye for hash only! Sometimes gets warm , but always smokes great ! Thanx ( plus your autograph- I’m sure it will be worth millions )

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I was a major fan of E$ko's when he was still actively breeding. At the time, his scents and flavors seemed unsurpassed. I can't say they've been surpassed today, but other breeders have stepped up to the plate, since.

I have a lot of his beans in the refrigerator. They'll be germed when I have a place to keep males and have some that I want to cross with them.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I was a major fan of E$ko's when he was still actively breeding. At the time, his scents and flavors seemed unsurpassed. I can't say they've been surpassed today, but other breeders have stepped up to the plate, since.

I have a lot of his beans in the refrigerator. They'll be germed when I have a place to keep males and have some that I want to cross with them.

Yeah, he's definitely a notable breeder that has kinda been forgotten about today. Unique lines, legit work, stellar reputation...

If you want to trade beans, PM me!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Did a bit of chucking today!

[(Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread) x Killer Queen] x Cocoa Puffs (Chocolate Thai x Chocolate Trip)
G13 Hashplant x Cocoa Puffs
G13 Hazeplant x Cocoa Puffs
Tin Foil Hat x Cocoa Puffs
Tin Foil Hat x G13 Hazeplant
Blowfish x G13 Hazeplant

Also flipped the first of the Golden Tigers, Cocoa Puffs, and (Uzbekistan x Nepalma) ladies. Gonna go through the dudes later today and hope to find keepers of Blowfish, Goldfish, Golden Tiger, and hopefully (Uzbekistan x Nepalma). The G13 Hazeplant dude has chucked a bunch of pollen already, but I'm going to let it go another week or so before topping it and revegging again.

And now, another warhead of G13 Hazeplant.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yeah, he's definitely a notable breeder that has kinda been forgotten about today. Unique lines, legit work, stellar reputation...

If you want to trade beans, PM me!
How long you guys been trading beans Kanzeon, I'm curious.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Dropped the remaining Pipatxu x G13 Hazeplant beans, as those have had a rough go so far due to no fault of their own. I also dropped [(Grape Ape x Duct Tape) x (Black Triangle x Deep Line Alchemy 10)], credit for those goes to Xibalba Farm on insta.

G13 Hazeplant is down, rinsed, and drying! When I poked my head in the closet her roasted pineapple dipped in crazy glue aroma was louder than a Motörhead concert. Also, the seeds of (G13 Hazeplant x Original Haze) that were on the revegging G13 Hazeplant seemed to finish off in the last week. Those will get a couple weeks in the fridge, then a priority drop for obvious reasons. I'll still keep the G13 Hazeplant line going because it's a delicious, powerful, unique smoke by itself- but the Haze "sparkle" seems like it will be a worthwhile addition to the high.

Speaking of Haze, the Silk Road Skunk [(Haze x Skunk 1) x Skunk 19] is getting a few days of darkness before the chop. I hit a small branch of hers with G13 Hazeplant pollen a while back in case the smoke is exceptional. In its place went the second Kali China lady, who also got a pretty intense defoliation. The PKO's will probably get a decent chunk more veg time, flipping somewhere around the beginning of December and likely coming down around Valentine's Day.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Big day today.

Orange Gasm, Valencian Haze, Lemon Citron, Haze x 3, and Black Afghani came out of the flower room for the 48-72 hours of darkness and incidental dehydration. In their place went 6 PKO's. Only two more are waiting to join them, for when the last Haze (back left corner) and Ghash come down later this week.

Flower now:

1123flower
1123rightflower

Late veg: Both phenos of G13 Hazeplant, some more Blowfish and Tin Foil Hat, Goldfish (Kodiak Gold x Black Tuna), a few Purple Wrecks, the last two PKO's, Golden Tiger, and the ladies that got new shoes today: 2 Col'Jam x Ghash, Sour Soda, another Turkish, and the last Goldfish.

1123lateveg

The newly repotted babies. Up front are Santero's Tristar Double Diesel (my abbreviation for his [(Triangle x Chocolate Diesel) x (Stardawg x Sour D)] and Copa's Vale Tudo, joining Secret Chief and Escaped on the left. The Motorbreath x Pedro and Guava Dawg x Pedro are recovering but not nice enough to post.

1123babies

Here's a bud shot of Silverfields.

SFinished

And G13 Hazeplant!

GHHfinished

One day I'll get a better camera. Until then, I guess that'll do.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Just love watching you do your thing man.
One day I’m gunna be an ar$e kicking, pollen chucking, dope growing zen master just like you.
Til then, I just watch from afar while the big boys do their thing. Takes a while for my head to stop spinning after i read your posts but that half the fun👍

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Just love watching you do your thing man.
One day I’m gunna be an ar$e kicking, pollen chucking, dope growing zen master just like you.
Til then, I just watch from afar while the big boys do their thing. Takes a while for my head to stop spinning after i read your posts but that half the fun👍

Aww hell man, you're making me blush. 😆

It's all one day at a time! You're really jumping into the deep end by starting out with autos in hydro, I'm just a lazy dirt dude with a chucking fetish.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Pulled a pretty nice selection of seeds off of the recently chopped plants today:

Silk Road Skunk x G13 Hazeplant
Haze x G13 Hazeplant
Orange Gasm x G13 Hazeplant
Lemon Citron x G13 Hazeplant
Black Afghani x G13 Hazeplant
Zhe Pinch x G13 Hazeplant

Olfactory-wise, the Orange Gasm is absolutely a standout here, it smells of orange in the best way possible. Huge fresh clementine and candied/fresh orange peel terps all day, but no gross Faygo/Sunny D notes. The G13 Hazeplant smells like roasted pineapple dipped in super glue, so there's an abundance of potential in that cross. Haven't tried the smoke yet, so it could be more disappointing than my last girlfriend. We'll see!

Silk Road Skunk is a very nice smoke. Not nice enough that I'd grow it again without the G13 Hazeplant in the genetics, but nice enough that I'll give the Widowmaker Skunk a shot down the line with some other Widow-derived genetics that I've been waiting to drop.

It's kinda funny, at this point a year ago I was scouring seedbanks for new genetics. Now I'll take a look every now and then, but there aren't all that many more strains that I feel would be worth buying over working some G13 Hazeplant crosses. And if I am thinking of buying something, it's likely to see how it would cross with G13 Hazeplant.

Sure, down the road it would be cool to work in some Romulan, Trainwreck, God, Texada Timewarp, Appalachian and Mass Super Skunk, Freakshow, CBD/CBG stuff. and more heirloom/landrace stuff, but realistically if I bought any of those today I wouldn't have space to drop them for a few months, at least.

Speaking of dudes, the Blue Dream x ON Haze and the Black Swamp Gas dudes are just about chucking pollen now. The Diesel Ghash, Blowfish, and Goldfish dudes will get bigger containers and get put back under 12/12 soon for the same reason- to get brushed on both G13 Hazeplant phenos when they get flipped next.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Did a bit of chucking overnight.

(Blue Dream x ON Haze) F2's
Golden Tiger x G13 Hazeplant
Kali China x G13 Hazeplant
(Wedding Cake x ON Haze) x G13 Hazeplant
Blowfish x G13 Hazeplant
Tin Foil Hat x G13 Hazeplant

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Dropped a couple of long-awaited genetics today! That makes the seedling closet consist of:

Pure Michigan Genetics' [Pure CBD x (Durban x Burmese OG)] and
Motarebel's Rebel Yell [(Strawberry Cough x Strawberry Diesel)] x Sweet Tooth #4]
Hazeman's Comet Kush (The White x Stardawg) x Stardawg IX)
Santero's (Oaxacan x (Stardawg (manny cut) x Rez' Sour Diesel IBL 2010)
Our lovely Congo Preservation Prokect (thread upcoming!)

Also flipped a couple of the Goldfish ladies. Gonna do a dab or three and take some pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom