Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Good video, it makes me even more encouraged about the choices I made with that last male I selected, he was a very stinky customer, and you can judge his internoding, structure and general vigor by the picture below. The pith and smelling the males before they show themselves, is welcome new information, and the ethylene regulator is something I'm going to try.

One more possibly interesting read:

Conclusion:
In order to increase cannabis yield per square meter and per W light, the results of this meta-analysis point to the use of (1) low plant density (≤12 plants per square meter), (2) a flowering period duration of 9 weeks, (3) the use of HPS lamps, (4) an adequate fertilizer regime, and (5) manipulating light intensity to preserve high energy efficiency vs. favor THC and CBD accumulation. Furthermore, our results demonstrate that cannabis varieties respond differently to production conditions. The vast amount of existing genomic and transcriptomic data can be used to catalog current cannabis diversity resulting from thousands of years of breeding and used to identify area for crop improvement. While these basic production conditions are further investigated, we also propose the use of additional technologies such as LEDs to increase power-use efficiency, and PGPR to increase nutrient efficiency and regulate cannabinoid yield.

PGPR: (Polyglycerol polyricinoleate)
That's lending credibility to my foliar creation forumula, as glycerin is the main ingredient, this is very interesting.

Grape Ape Breeding stocks   Copy
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Say more about that foliar formula?
I've formulated a glycerin based growth/vigor enhancer that I use, especially during early veg or for cleaning, treating mites, fungus, ect. It's also a good base formula for delivering mag/sulfate, or the salicylic acid treatments I've done over the last few days, or other stuff.

It kills mites by suffocating them, or dissolving the eggs, and not only inhibits mold, but will also cause the spores to actually slip off the plant. It cleans right up to the trichs, without ever really touching them. Excellent for contaminate removal, because it's so clean. It' changes the surface tensions of water, and allows it to suspend particles better. It's got a hygroscopic head and lipophilic tail and creates colloidal micelles.
1200px Phospholipids aqueous solution structures

It will also protect the plant against the extremes of heat, or freezing. (draws moisture, lowers freezing temp)
I'm always tweaking the formula slightly, depending on what I'm trying to achieve during any given application.

Overall it just helps promote vigor and healthy tissues, so I use it regardless if I'm having problems or not, 1x-2x weekly from starts all the way to early flower. This little structure is perfect for carrying away contaminates, or delivering medications or nutrients, and it's built out of the exact same stuff that cell walls in the plant are made from.
330px Glycerin Skelett

a simple polyol compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is sweet-tasting and non-toxic. The glycerol backbone is found in those lipids known as glycerides. Due to having antimicrobial and antiviral properties it is widely used in FDA approved wound and burn treatments. It can also be used as an effective marker to measure liver disease. It is also widely used as a sweetener in the food industry and as a humectant in pharmaceutical formulations. Owing to the presence of three hydroxyl groups, glycerol is miscible with water and is hygroscopic in nature.

IUPAC name
Propane-1,2,3-triol [1]
Other names
Glycerin
Glycerine
Propanetriol
1,2,3-Trihydroxypropane
1,2,3-Propanetriol

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Actually I'm in error from the above, the reference to PGPR isn't referring to (Polyglycerol polyricinoleate) it's referencing Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria. Something I already do, but can always do better. LOL, that guy was really smart and knows his shit.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That first article called 3 tips is really interesting. Good solid advice, I'm going to take it. I'm always up for trying now things.

1. Consider growth-promoting rhizobacteria to increase plant growth and metabolite production.
2. Avoid excessive organic fertilization during flowering.
3. Test controlled drought stress.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Interesting! Glycerin could absolutely play a role in my foliar program. I've been looking for something to emulsify neem oil better anyway. Seems like it'd be a beneficial addition to the epsom salt/sulfur foliar, too.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Decided to tweak the lacto garlic foliar.

5 cloves garlic
15g ginger
2% salt by weight

(habaneros will get added as well once I have them around)

Ferment overnight to 1 week. Then put that into a blender with 2 cloves, 1/2 stick of cinnamon, 750mL water, and 5 g neem oil. Rosemary/thyme/sage/mint can also be added. Glycerin could be added here and likely will be in the future, I just haven't gotten it yet.

Getting close on the Sky Cuddler and G13 Hashplant! Looking like Saturday or Sunday.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

So this Col'Jam Bastard looks like she was pollinated by a broad-leafed dad, which means that it's either G13 Hashplant, Black Afghani, or KIller Queen. Hardy as fuck, no issues at all. This was a plant that sprouted under the original Col'Jam female that I just decided to let live for some reason. Glad I did.

CJB
Cjb2

G13 Hashplant! Still waiting for some amber trichomes to appear.

G13HP224
G13HP224a
G13HP224b

G13 Haze, thickening up! Still a couple weeks away, maybe three.

G13 Haze 224

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

no the hashplant. The pow i was growing a lot of had pg-13 and showed buds just like that often.

Ahhhh. Got you. Yeah, I've obviously never grown the "real" G13 so I don't know its crosses well enough to be able to pick out G13 leaning phenos. I'll just keep beating around the bush with things like this, Killer Queen, Hazeman's Escaped, etc and see what hits hardest.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ahhhh. Got you. Yeah, I've obviously never grown the "real" G13 so I don't know its crosses well enough to be able to pick out G13 leaning phenos. I'll just keep beating around the bush with things like this, Killer Queen, Hazeman's Escaped, etc and see what hits hardest.

I find fire in all kinds of crosses. I still think the grow influences the outcome as much as genetics. But g-13 makes a big heavy dense tasty bud crossed with anything it seems.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I don't know about AS MUCH as genetics, but the grow definiitely influences things. I'm sure that there's a difference between Brothers Grimm C99 and, say, G13 Labs' knockoff of it.

Top Bottom