Kanzeon's Perpetual Growth and Death Thread

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TopShelfTrees

TopShelfTrees

Those are F2's, bred by a friend after getting the beans from Mean Gene and doing a pheno hunt. TBH, the high is pretty generic, I wouldn't grow them again.
Really ? I was thoroughly impressed with the bag I was gifted, obviously a different pheno, I had a pack promised to me 4-5 months ago by a buddy, until he was told the price, guy wanted 450$ for the pack. Wasn’t THAT impressed.... lol but I must admit the resistance to literally everything is a huge plus, and the bag I had was so frosty it was ridiculous, like top 10 I’ve ever seen. And had this pungent unique dankness I can not soon forget . I have a list of strains I’ve been looking for, there were 10 on that list I’ve crossed off five of them, Sky Cuddler is/was currently #2 now I’m second guessing myself 🤦🏻‍♂️

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, there are definitely different phenos. My friend selected for the rarer sour/kushy/cigarette butt smelling pheno, not the more common floral one, and there's been some variation in the offspring of that that I've grown. The second has frostier fan leaves and seems to be maturing slightly slower than the first one did, so maybe I'm just unimpressed with that pheno.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

@MIMedGrower was definitely right, this G13 Haze pheno selected by Barney's is absolutely a G13 leaner. There's a bit of psychedelic action going on after the last warhead, but I'm more firmly couchlocked than I am cerebrally stimulated from it so far. That being said, I've only vaped the lower buds so far, maybe the tops will be more racy.

From a "reverse engineering the high" perspective, it's got me thinking of how well it'll combine with G13 Hashplant, and how well that cross will combine with Original Haze. I'm hoping to double down on the mildew/rubber from the Ghash and the cat pee/durian notes from the Ghaze.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

We have dragons.

Dagron

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

crushing it. how do you like working with seeds over clones? Its so nice to have fresh genetics imo.

Thanks man! Just trying to learn every day.

I've been given a few clones, but for the most part my grow journey has been from seed. I've only been able to gain a functional understanding of cloning recently, especially with the new bubble cloner (which works really well).

As far as clones vs. from seed, it's all good. Clones are nice for a consistent supply of a great pheno, seeds are for pheno hunting and breeding. The Lemon Citron, Durban-Thai x C99, and a few others are from clones

Like those Pipatxu beans, for example. Dropped 5 seeds, 4 popped. Two were males that died while I was migrating, one weird semi-auto runt that annoyed me from start to finish, and one absolutely majestic beast of a plant that's flowering like its kidnapped family won't be released until she's done.

The clone of that- that will flower even faster - will probably be around for a while, even after I chuck pollen at it.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Like, look at this chunky bitch. She's a speedy flowering brick shithouse.

320a
320b

Didn't give a single fuck about thrips or light schedule changes. Hoping for a bit more sativa influence than came through on the runt, but this and, say, Original Haze could be dynamite.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Like those Pipatxu beans, for example. Dropped 5 seeds, 4 popped. Two were males that died while I was migrating, one weird semi-auto runt that annoyed me from start to finish, and one absolutely majestic beast of a plant that's flowering like its kidnapped family won't be released until she's done.

The clone of that- that will flower even faster - will probably be around for a while, even after I chuck pollen at it.
Finding a standout in a variable pack is so exciting. If you are hoping for homogenous pseudo-clones then that is another goal and I get it, but finding variety is more rewarding to me.

It's something I am just getting into as I have been doing variety pack drops but....yeah, I am in.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Transplanted the Dragons today. I decided to take a few pics just to document the process.

Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 42 10

Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 41 56

Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 41 49
Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 40 13

In other news, 4 Framboise have already showed that they're males. Only two will be chosen to make babies, so the selection process begins. That's them on the right. Framboise B, C, F, and H have entered the arena!

I'll be in here watching for things to differentiate frequently- the females will get pulled and put under 24 hours of light to veg further and the males will hang out in here for pollen collection. The Framboise, Blue Power Mango, and Blueberry Amnesia are all in that center container- out of those 28 I expect about 12-15 plants to make it into the flower room after male selection and culling runts. One BBAM has already been killed because I didn't like how it was growing.

The next plants to flower are here. Supreme Lemon, Lemon OG Kush, Lemon Pie, and Heavy Grapefruit will go in as Sky Cuddler, Sour Sorbet, Durban-Thai x C99, and Maui Waui go down.
Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 42 31

As those get flipped, these Lemon OG, Heavy Grapefruit, Siberian Haze, Kubanskiy Ubiyza, and Supreme Lemon will take their place.

Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 42 22

Sky Cuddler hanging on by a thread in the back. All kinds of leaves dying and yellowing, but apparently that's normal because the pH and nutes are spot on. Whatever, makes it easier to trim.

Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 41 36

Sour Sorbet, chunking up.

Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 41 17

The other side of the flowering closet. I reorganized the plants a bit and figured out that I could flip the last of the G13 Hashplants, so it has been done. The second one is about a month out, maybe less.

Screenshot from 2021 03 21 21 40 30

And for those of you that made it to the end, here's a picture of the Col'Jam Bastard. Um, yes, I'm glad I have a rooted clone of her.

Cjb321

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Actually, nah. Scratch that and move everything up. I'm getting tired of looking at the Sky Cuddler, so it's going to get its 3 days of darkness a week soon. Still throwing white pisils, but idgaf.

That, of course, means that everything just rotated.

The new left side of flower. I use this side for plants in the later stages of flowering because it has far red and is also a slightly redder spectrum than the one on the right. Clockwise from top left: G13 Hashplant, Durban-Thai x C99, Pipatxu, Moonshine, Panama Red (bottom right corner), Sour Sorbet, and Maui Waui. Of course, the Col'Jam bastard is in there too.

322flowerl

And now on the right side, there's (the other side of the Pipatxu is top left) Moonshine, Lemon Citron, another Lemon Citron, Lemon OG Kush (next to the humidifier), Lemon Pie, and the other '88 G13 Hashplant.

322flowerr

The Heavy Grapefruits are both here now, as well as a Supreme Lemon and the second Lemon OGK.

Screenshot from 2021 03 22 00 51 52

Kubanskiy and Siberian Haze, along with the last two Supreme Lemons that are begging to be repotted.

Screenshot from 2021 03 22 00 51 43

That Ghash is just so intensely beautiful.

Screenshot from 2021 03 22 00 51 08

Maui Waui is really starting to shine, too. It's obviously not a pure Hawaiian strain because it barely stretched, but we'll see how the high is!

Screenshot from 2021 03 22 00 50 43

Also took clones of the flipped plants (except Lemon OGK A, because the lower branches were too small- I'll grab a clone once it stretches a bit) and sprayed the newly flipped plants with PFR-97, End-All, and the fermented garlic and neem foliar.

Oh. And took apart those old LED folding lights and saved the LED's and electrical components. Guess I'm gonna be building some sort of quantum board somehow.

That all means that The Afghan Project is getting moved up to April 1. After that comes Hazy May, where I drop a stupid selection of hazes including Original Haze, Haze x Kali China, G13 Hazeplant, a strain from a homie called Grasshopper Haze that's essentially a cross of all star list of sativas (Malawi, Purple Haze, Maui Waui), and another strain that I think I'm going to call Valencian Haze as a nod to the breeder that's [(G8 x Panama) x (F13 x Oldtimer's Haze)].

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

5 new females! 4 Framboise and one Blueberry Amnesia under 24 hours of light.

325newladies

The dudes! 6 Framboise and two Blue Power Mango. The dudes closest to popping are going to be topped very soon, but I want to see how big their nuts get first to gauge quality.

Dudes325

The differentiating plants. Newest ones (Interstate Dragon) get added to the back and moved forward as others differentiate. Should have some Blueberry Amnesia males in the next week, and Silverfields dudes a week or two after that.

325babies

Afghan Project is a week out.

Top Bottom