Kaskadian's Late Outdoor 2017 Log

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Some non-closeup shots of the girls. One of the Bogglegum girls got a bit of a nitrogen deficiency because I stupidly lowered the nitrogen a bit to early. Hit her with a healthy dose of guano slurry (1c guano shaken into a gallon of water) and she's in recovery.

IMG 5295
IMG 5296
IMG 5297
IMG 5298
IMG 5300
IMG 5301
IMG 5307
IMG 5308

Irietime

Irietime

Some non-closeup shots of the girls. One of the Bogglegum girls got a bit of a nitrogen deficiency because I stupidly lowered the nitrogen a bit to early. Hit her with a healthy dose of guano slurry (1c guano shaken into a gallon of water) and she's in recovery.

View attachment 736532 View attachment 736537 View attachment 736539 View attachment 736540 View attachment 736543 View attachment 736545 View attachment 736548 View attachment 736551
Really nice garden! Can't wait to see those baseball bats

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Really nice garden! Can't wait to see those baseball bats

Thank you brother! I'm very pleased with the results so far this year. Always seem to have good results with BOGs gear. I hope this season ends with good results, it's been quite some time since I grew outdoors.

Irietime

Irietime

Nice! I've got some sour grape I want to run soon. I popped four beans a couple runs back but they all took for ever to sprout and then we're all deformed and didn't really grow. Old beans? Idk. I've still got some more so I'll give them another shot soon. Peace

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Nice! I've got some sour grape I want to run soon. I popped four beans a couple runs back but they all took for ever to sprout and then we're all deformed and didn't really grow. Old beans? Idk. I've still got some more so I'll give them another shot soon. Peace

My guess would be old beans bro! I've always had 95-100% germination rates with BOG's gear. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I didn't get 100% germ rates with his stuff. I get them directly from BOG though and I'm sure that helps ensure that I'm getting fresh beans.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

We've had some stronger winds lately, with the buds swelling more and more each day I'll need to do some additional rope work to keep these ladies from falling over. My largest BG girl ripped up the stake she was tied to. On the plus side, these winds are knocking off dead/old leaves. I need to get under the canopy to do some cleaning.

The EST harvest date is just under 4 weeks out on the BG & LS. Got a bit longer on the BMR.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

My brother stopped by the other day and I wanted to snap a pic of him in the garden. For height reference, he's about 6' 5" (195cm/1.95m). The other two pics are the girls he's standing between when they first went into the ground. Cheers!

Last edited:
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

So we got hit with not only rain but really strong (unexpected) winds. Plants were badly thrashed and my BMR girl split in two. You'll see she's all tied to to prevent her from shifting while I wrapped the stem. I'm doubting that she will survive, but I'm sure hoping...

Plants are mostly under cover now. Unfortunately I had to utilize some plastic tarps which isn't good, but they're getting good airflow and I'm crossing my fingers that we won't run into mold/rot. Ugh...

IMG 5541
IMG 5543

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

More rain incoming... 4 days + storms. We are very close to harvest. Trichs are mostly cloudy with some amber starting to pop. If these rains don't subside I'll be chopping even if we are a week early. I don't like the harvest early, but these plants have already been through 5 days of rain and storms, and this close to harvest I don't want to deal with the potential risk of 4 more days of rain with storms.

TheRemer

TheRemer

Buds are looking really nice. I'd be tripping on that rain too:speechless: just gotta buckle down and make a decision , chop or not to chop :drunk2:
Bud rot is a hell of a thing. Hopefully you got a hardy strain.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Beautiful grow dude....

Thank you! It was my first outdoor grow in a few years. Felt good to grow under the sun again.

Buds are looking really nice. I'd be tripping on that rain too:speechless: just gotta buckle down and make a decision , chop or not to chop :drunk2:

Thanks bro! I'd rather give them an extra week, but we've been upgraded to 5 days of rain + storms now. I'm not going to let them sit out in 75-80% RH with rain blowing under the canopy for 5/7 days and cross my fingers that PM or rot doesn't show up. I'm going to chop em' and just be done with it. Out here in the PNW once the rainy season starts it doesn't really stop for 6+ months. I guess next year I'll be building a proper greenhouse.

Trichs are about 90% milky/cloudy and 10% amber. I don't feel like I'm losing a whole lot by chopping a week early. It's not ideal, but I'm not risking 5 days of rain/high RH this close to harvest. I already lucked out by surviving 2 snapped plants & I'm not trying to test the bud gods.

Bud rot is a hell of a thing. Hopefully you got a hardy strain.

Yeah, I chose all mold resistant strains because of my environment. That being said, I'm not risking another run with rain. I already went through 5-6 days of rain. Not going to let these gals sit through another round of rain.

Cheers all!

Kas

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I went ahead and chopped... wow what a ton of work! I ended up getting called into work to fill a shift so I hung several whole plants upside down. I've dry trimmed before, but haven't hung entire large(ish) outdoor plants before. Going to try to finish at least removing the fan leaves this weekend. Air flow, RH, and temps are good for drying all things considered. Here are a few cola shots of my lifesaver girl (the smallest of the 5 plants).

As mentioned before, I'd have liked to run them an extra week but we have loads-o rain and storms incoming. Not gonna take anymore chances this far into flower. Already had 2 plants split because of high winds and extra weight from the rain. The "funk" on this girl is insane, she smells entirely like sour gummy worms with hints of mint/menthol. I can't wait to see how she smells after 2 months in the jars.

IMG 5665
IMG 5669
IMG 5672
IMG 5673
IMG 5675

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Plants are hacked down and drying at the moment. I'll update when they get jar'd.

Cheers all!

Latest posts

Top Bottom