Kaskadian's Late Outdoor 2017 Log

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

I'll prob wait a week or two until the next update unless something exciting happens. Plants are packing on size daily; every time I step out to check on them they look different. My BMR has also developed a serious funk that I can smell as soon as I step outside.

Cheers,
Kas

Bg1 62517
Bg2 62517
Bg3 62517
Bmr 62517
Gp 62517

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Not an update on the plants...

Cut away some leaves and tiny branches that saw no sunlight or were laying in the dirt. Letting leaves sit around in the dirt could be an invitation to pests.

Took advantage and scored some cuttings while clearing out some of the excess growth. Gonna root these and hopefully find a keeper or two. The growth on all of them has been incredible so far. I'm hoping for some killer flower too!

IMG 4417

Last edited:
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Results are in on the final sex count as well...

5 Bogglegum: 3/4 (1 mutant killed off) female (75%)
5 Blue Moon Rocks: 2/5 female (40%)
5 Lifesaver: 3/5 female (60%)

Shoutouts to Mr. & Mrs. BOG for their killer genetics! Never had bad germination or male/female ratios with their gear and this grow has been no different. 100% germination and very vigorous growth on the plants.

I kept 3 Bogglegum, 1BMR, and 1 LS. The rest were given a new home elsewhere. My main interest this season was in Bogglegum so I couldn't be happier with the results. We're about 5-6 weeks out from the start of flower, all 5 holes are filled, and life is good.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Plant updates coming this weekend. They're growing daily. This in my first outdoor grow in years, and I'd forgotten about the massive growth that comes from growing under the sun.

The Bogglegum seems to stay pretty squat, but the BMR is a stretcher. I think once flower starts she's going to reach for the sun.

I'm feeding organic teas, and top feeding guano (low doses) every 10-14 days right now. Once I start to see signs of flower in a month or so I'll be doing about a 50/50 veg/flower tea until all the nodes start to stack and stretching slows. When I see that development I'll switch over to full flower nutrients.

In addition to the teas/guano, I'm foliar feeding low doses of cal/mag every 7-10 days.

Plants seem to be pretty happy so far.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

They look great! Curious about that stretch too, another couple feet?? Probably more when it's all said and done. :):smoking:

I'm thinking at least a couple of feet. The growth has been pretty vigorous on all of them. I thought about topping them again, but I'm not going to bother. Each plant has been topped at least twice. I'm going to leave them be. Once flower starts I'll start cleaning up the insides of the plants, and anything hanging low that could reduce cola growth.

Increased N dosage as well. They're being fed super light dosages (1/4-1/2 strength) and I increased their tea to 3/4 strength. I rarely end up using full strength teas.

Finally rooting some cuttings, I'll be planting those once rooted and letting them veg out. Hopefully one of these turns out to be a keeper.

Thanks for stopping by bro!

Irietime

Irietime

Nice man!! I hear ya on the lite doses of nutes. I usually run 1/4-1/2 strength all the way through. Plants do better with less imo. I'm tuned in, looking forward to the stretch and flowers. Peace

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Up here at 45N, we've had basically non-stop sun. Temps have been consistently in the mid-high 80's with full sun. If the weather info being spit out is accurate at all it looks like we have at least 9 more days of sun to go. Oregon has some weird weather for sure. I'll take every bit of this sun while we have it though.

Gp 1

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Hey all,

Thought I'd do a proper update. It seems like we're 3-4 weeks out from the start of flower. The plants are doing well; lots of vigor. I'll definitely need to thin out the canopy on the Bogglegum, all three are bushy as hell. The Blue Moon Rocks definitely has some stretch in her; she's outgrown (height) all of the Bogglegum, and even interior growth seems to stretch way up to find it's way to some sunlight. I think she's going to explode when she starts stretching.

In another week or two, I'll take my last cuttings from the plants to save for clones. After that I'll gradually remove poor budsites during weeks 1-3 of flower & clean up the lower portion of the plants.

BG1 71517
BG2 71517
BG3 71517
BMR1 71517

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Quick update folks!

Plants are doing well. There is some leaf damage from something munching on them, but the damage is minimal and just part of growing outdoors. No flowering yet, but I'm thinking they should be kicking off just about anytime now. I'm thinking the first week of August. According to Mr. & Mrs. BOG, the Bogglegum & Lifesaver finish approximately October 7th, and the BMR around October 15th. Granted, this is just an estimate and it'll take some observation of the trichs under a microscope to confirm.

All 3 of the Bogglegum are incredible growers. The plants are squat and dense. The vigor on these are incredible. The BMR is definitely a lot "stretchier" than the Bogglegum plants. The canopy is significantly less dense, and each offshoot tries to rocket up towards the light.

BG1
Bg1 725171
Bg1 725172

BG2
Bg2 725171
Bg2 725172

BG3
Bg3 725171

BMR
Bmr 725171
Bmr 725172

Top Bottom