Ken Grand daddy Purp seeds?

• Thread starter Dr.X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

Kens original GDP that I have seen tried never made it. The first five seeds 0% germination success and the other five had 40% germination success rate but the seedlings did not make it. The other seeds we had like Qush and Ripped Bubba were 100% on germination and seedlings are great. I could of F'd up but since my other seedlings survived I doubt it was my error just my experience with Kens GDP.
yo there's a gdp rep on another site, you can find it if you google, hit him up if you decide to and im pretty sure he will take care of you. dude is very approachable and if you would of caught him before you brought them from whatever bank, you could of gotten them for damn near half price.

Reactions: mal
jkar_928

jkar_928

probably catdaddy me and a friend went in on some I'm not really trippin I was just sharing my experience I have some pretty good strains right now so it didnt hurt me at all thanx for the info tho.

catdaddy

catdaddy

probably catdaddy me and a friend went in on some I'm not really trippin I was just sharing my experience I have some pretty good strains right now so it didnt hurt me at all thanx for the info tho.
yeah i feel you on that one.
i just seen the rep has join the site, hit him up any way maybe he can set you out with something else besides the gdp.

N

NW_GDP_REP

Whats up guys... Hope you don't mind me digging into this older thread. If there's any questions you guys may have, just ask. I can take the harshness, dont worry. I have been chewed up and spit out on other sites with all the KENS GDP sagas...

So, hopefully, we can try to keep everything a little more focused on the strain at hand, and not a bunch of nonsense. Thanks everybody.

N

nugmeister

Out of my 8 that popped, 4 males and four females. They'll be harvested this week. The smallest one smell like Sour Grapes. No purple as of yet. Big trichs and lot of them. More hairy than I care for.

N

NW_GDP_REP

Hmm, interesting, PICS? Of the 4, all different pheno expression you'd say or what?
Thanks for posting that.

N

nugmeister

Pretty similar in structure. I think the excessive hairiness was due to heat. Not sure if I can upload pics from my iphone. Don't have a computer. I could email or text them to you if you're interested. Gonna use a strapping young male for some pollen chucking. Gonna cross it to my sour grape, purple urkle and shishkaberry. Thanks for not hoarding you're genetics by only making fem seeds. I won't do business with those guys. Remember how people use to slam Cali Connection? People will talk shit just because they can. Keep up the good work. Oregon Medical Marijuana Grower

mack 10

mack 10

^^I can't even remember typing that, lol must be the bho, ignore me bro,i must of reply'd to the wrong thread or somthing? Mack.

DrBudACola

DrBudACola

7 seeds made it and are currently in 18 now. Keeping the main stem bent to encourage more branching. I can say they are very stout and healthy looking so far, you can smell the goodness in the leaves already. BAY 11 all seeds cracked and growing. Kens Kush all cracked and growing. So I see no issues with Kens seeds.

DrBudACola

DrBudACola

The Tahoe is growing but was very yellow was not sure howthat happened. Even new growth was coming out yellowish. I gave it a shot of cal-mag and PH seemed OK now it seems to be slowly greening up. The room where I had the other OG's had a flood was very bad I lost alot. There is only one left hanging on to life at this moment I have been very upset about it. But the thread had a guy talking stuff about Ken's seeds so offered my experience so far. I hope Hemp fest went well for you and your best friend.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

but so what was the verdict? is there a SUPER HOARDED NOT EVEN MENTIONED GDP male or are they backcrossing it with something else not telling anyone?
dont get me wrong GDP is a great strain, but its not great enough to not want to know the background and info, especially on seeds of something that has been clone only for so long.

Why start sharing now?

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Good point about the male and bxing. Im very curious about the process. I alwayz heard Gdp was Urkle x Big Bud. Plz correct me if thats false. But he couldve re bred them and selected the closest pheno to breed the cut too. Sounds good. Well findout soon when them harvest start coming in. Good luck everyone.Hope you find something better than Kens!! Peace!!!
Qq

DrBudACola

DrBudACola

Kens seeds in 18 hour process;
GDP slow getting going, keep her bent or pinch early on to obtain mulitple branches at about 12", mine are currently about 20" with 8-10 branches (bushy)
BAY11 Lush grower about 12" and very interesting looking
Kens Kush I have high hopes for this one
I will post pics when I have somting to look at in a few months
I am old school and not sure why all the talk\speculation over GDP genetics. I was in N. Cali back in 79' and they had many vairities of purple at that time, one such purple indica is still to this day the best I ever smoked. Many of the N. Cali growers in those days had some vairiation of purple indica. I only hope GDP is something like I remember and I will be happy.
I personally really appreciate what Ken is doing. Trying to bring consistent quality meds to the masses. He is a champ. for patients. many folks around the country hear about GDP but rarely see the real stuff. Most of the wonderful Cali stains are difficult to obtain for others not in Cali. I appreciate the effort to bring some of these strains to folks living in other states.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

eh, in a way, im going to completely disagree with that. i Agree about Ken helping out (assuming everything is up to par, because everyone thats answered apparently is oblivious to integrity concerns) but about the strains.

im from san diego, and know all about elite cuts.

now im in colorado, and still know about and can get every elite cut, no hybrid hype, its all who you know. I know heads in san diego that cant even get a cut of bullrider, while people in places like North Carolina and shit have real elite cuts even i CANT get.

there have been breeders bringing quality everywhere out of socal since way back when. why is everyone talking like they're a pioneer in bringing dank to small places? how long has logic/sannie/the attitude seed banks, breeders, even hoarders sharing, sent beans out for? and Ken just started putting one strain out (minus bay 11 or whatever) in seed for that was clone only for so long? why? was it time?

and from kens mouth himself it was a cut THAT HE DID NOT WORK. so im curious what the hell is going on LOL

i mean no disrespect, but honesty and truth is always better than ass kissing IMHO

DrBudACola

DrBudACola

Remix; I agree with most of what you say. I respect your knowledge. I just see the wrangling over the origins of the strains Ken provides as a waste of engergy. I do not know the man. I only know that most patients are not as connected as you. For a person who just learned they have MS and want to grow their own meds, they may not have your connections. Every region has its own claims to fame for strains. I have one of the famious UW strains that was smuggled out many years ago. It is still one of the strongest around. What I believe Ken is doing well is providing a standardized method of those trying to obtain quaility strains, taking some of the mystery out of the daunting myriad of choices for patients trying to grow their own meds. I guess I do not focus on the claims to fame. If every region had an effort like Kens we would have the Bullrider, and UW in seed form for all to try is my piont. I am an old hippie and even if we dissagree on a few things we are brothers in this. I appreciate your thoughts.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

its all good bro i feel the same way! But just for like "the truths" sake i would love to hear it from the devil himself. Its a thing im into at this point. Its almost become to the point where that is just as satisfying as smoking the herb im studying. its just knowledge i look to obtain!

peace bro!

but if anyone can answer, there is that rep on here somewhere, it'd be much appreciated!

Top Bottom