Ken's Gdp Grow

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
matreurai

matreurai

The purple coloration doesnt come from Cal or Mag deficiency, that plant looks healthy. It might just have a little cold. Maybe fan directly blowing on them ? Water temperature ? or Minimum temperature at night? Its surely one or the other.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

The purple coloration doesnt come from Cal or Mag deficiency, that plant looks healthy. It might just have a little cold. Maybe fan directly blowing on them ? Water temperature ? or Minimum temperature at night? Its surely one or the other.
I disagree. It could be one of those things..not sure about the fan.. but it could very well be Mg issue. Or many other things. The cold is certainly not the only thing that causes purpling

I think an Epsom foliar spray like you said,OP, is a good idea to see if it’s Mg. Won’t harm at all if not. Could only help

matreurai

matreurai

Its rarely Mag issue if you have a good AB base.. If using RO water, add Cal-Mag. But its way more common to see variation in temperature than Mag Deficiency... If it was Mag problem, you would see on the leaves, but they seems green enought. Can be a phosporus problem tho but again, the leaves would turn a bit yellow. I would bet everything I have on temperature problem. Maybe too close to the AC. Epsom salt will hide the thing but wont fix the problem if its coming from environnement.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Its rarely Mag issue if you have a good AB base.. If using RO water, add Cal-Mag. But its way more common to see variation in temperature than Mag Deficiency... If it was Mag problem, you would see on the leaves, but they seems green enought. Can be a phosporus problem tho but again, the leaves would turn a bit yellow. I would bet everything I have on temperature problem. Maybe too close to the AC. Epsom salt will hide the thing but wont fix the problem if its coming from environnement.
I agree with ya there. Last time you said “it’s surely one or the other”. I agree if it’s a mag issue usually from some kind of lockout. I never supplement cal mag. Just saying it could be a lot of things not knowing much about his grow.

matreurai

matreurai

I agree with you also. The thing is, if it was food problem, the new growth would be affected. They seems green as hell so Im not quite sure is a feeding problem. Is the hydro table directly on the floor or is it isolated from it ? The fact that only the bottom of the stem is turning purple is also a sign of cold because it has the tendency to drop at the bottom and stay there while hot air rise up if not enough air movement in the room.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I did have a fan blowing directly at the plants(gently) so I have moved that to blow down the walls instead. I am also doing a Epsom salt spray today.

I got to spread em out a little today...
IMG 4966

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I agree with you also. The thing is, if it was food problem, the new growth would be affected. They seems green as hell so Im not quite sure is a feeding problem. Is the hydro table directly on the floor or is it isolated from it ? The fact that only the bottom of the stem is turning purple is also a sign of cold because it has the tendency to drop at the bottom and stay there while hot air rise up if not enough air movement in the room.
Ya true. And I think you misunderstood a little. I wasn’t trying to imply that I thought it was a def or anything. I was just saying it could be multiple things and Epsom salt spray is a good way to eliminate the possibility without hurting the plant.

matreurai

matreurai

Im not a fan of epsom salt tho, i know it works fine for deficiency, but here we call it Paint for plants haha same thing as Spray-n-grow ^^. But yes it fixes a lot of things and it helps to move salts in flowering.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

You dont want the root to be under 18 degree celcius or 64 F or the stem will turn purple like that.
Well when I went to look at min/max meter... The max was 72.7 and 59% while the min was -40.0 and 0%. Currently sitting at 67.8 and 56%.

Obviously my min is completely off. (I think) But it seems to me that is too cold. I will get my temps up.

Unfortunately can't find my water thermometer right now.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I can't get myself to put an electric heater in there... Such a waste of watts. So I decided I am going to try a 315 LEC with a 4200K bulb. I know will get more heat than 6 T-5's, definitely more light penetration. I also bumped up surrounding air 2 degrees(outside tent). That should help.

IMG 4968

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I guess I am not clearly thinking about the transpiration process affecting temp... As in if its higher humidity because of transpiration, then it will be cooler in that zone, correct? Or am I thinking about it wrong?

Latest posts

Top Bottom