Ken's Gdp Grow

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Can anyone tell me the length of time I should wait before expecting to see results from the Epsom salt spray? Also what results am I looking for?

There doesn't seem to be a change yet, after 12 hours.
Remember you may see nothing. The Epsom spray is just basically a test to see if she isn’t getting mag. That’s it.

I'm not a fan of Epsom salt for the same reason
I wouldn't stress the slight purple stems esp on 2 plants as all seems fine with your grow
It is GDP after all
I agree. The Epsom salt thing got a little away from the point. Lol. It started as just a suggestion to anyone who may think they have a Mg problem. Just to see if that’s what it is. Never meant to be a solution to any problems he may be having. Just a way to eliminate the possibility of Mg def. and it’s harmless to the plant.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Well as of today, no change has taken place on my two test plants. Therefore, I am just not going to sweat it.

I am leaving for a small vacation soon and I hope my caretaker is up to the task. I tried to automate as much as I could, but you know how things go. So no update posts for about a week and a half. I will post another pic before I leave, then I hope to revel in the results when I return!

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

It seems everything is rocking along. I did a clean-up of some lower branches for added airflow. I imagine these things will grow a foot while I am gone.

IMG 4969
IMG 4970

IMG 4976

I also did an additional spray with Eagle 20 and Avid for preventative maintenance.

M

MamaBear

They look great! I grow Ken's GDP every year. They turn purple so don't worry about it. Mine get purple stems and leaves. Some more than others but it's not a problem to deal with - it's just what they do. They will show much more color as they near harvest. Many of those stems will be completely purple/red by the end.
You did right by topping them. They are fairly slow growers and you'll want as many tips as you can get before flip. They don't stretch much so get your pruning done before then. And cleaning up the lower branches is good - they make lots of popcorn buds. I usually strip most of them off so all energy goes to top buds.
Trichomes don't turn amber easily - so don't use them for judging harvest date. I wait till they start to die on their own, leaves start turning yellow and dropping, and no new white pistils. Buds put on most of their weight at the very end so whatever you do - don't harvest early.
Man, you are gonna be in HEAVEN when your crop is finally ready to smoke!!!

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

They look great! I grow Ken's GDP every year. They turn purple so don't worry about it. Mine get purple stems and leaves. Some more than others but it's not a problem to deal with - it's just what they do. They will show much more color as they near harvest. Many of those stems will be completely purple/red by the end.
You did right by topping them. They are fairly slow growers and you'll want as many tips as you can get before flip. They don't stretch much so get your pruning done before then. And cleaning up the lower branches is good - they make lots of popcorn buds. I usually strip most of them off so all energy goes to top buds.
Trichomes don't turn amber easily - so don't use them for judging harvest date. I wait till they start to die on their own, leaves start turning yellow and dropping, and no new white pistils. Buds put on most of their weight at the very end so whatever you do - don't harvest early.
Man, you are gonna be in HEAVEN when your crop is finally ready to smoke!!!

Thankyou so much for a solid report on what I should expect and also what will happen. That is exactly what I needed.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Here is the Jungle I came home to..........

IMG 4977 2
IMG 4978 2

Did a little work.........................................

IMG 4980

IMG 4981

IMG 4982

And the end result...................

IMG 4983 2

They seem very happy.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I'm a former eagle 20 user is why I said that. First eagle 20 is super nasty stuff, suit and boot type spray. Procidic and Procidic2 are the samething. Procidic was the first registered for cannabis use on the market, passes ever test, came out of Colorado I do believe. Anyways I've been using it for 2 years now zero PM. It works systemically, which is a must for PM. It just works that all there is to say. Happy Growing

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Mamabear, What are your recommendations on feeding? Are they heavy, medium, or light feeders? Can they handle boosts towards the end? Any info you might have will help.

Thanks.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I'm a former eagle 20 user is why I said that. First eagle 20 is super nasty stuff, suit and boot type spray. Procidic and Procidic2 are the samething. Procidic was the first registered for cannabis use on the market, passes ever test, came out of Colorado I do believe. Anyways I've been using it for 2 years now zero PM. It works systemically, which is a must for PM. It just works that all there is to say. Happy Growing
Thank you for this suggestion... I did some research and you are correct.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom