Ken's Gdp Grow

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I guess I am not clearly thinking about the transpiration process affecting temp... As in if its higher humidity because of transpiration, then it will be cooler in that zone, correct? Or am I thinking about it wrong?
Do you have a temp gun? They’re like 40 bucks for a nice one at Home Depot. I always like to read the surface temp of the leaves. Can’t go wrong there. That’s really what matters anyway. I think that’s what you’re referring to, the leaf surface temp

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I guess I am not clearly thinking about the transpiration process affecting temp... As in if its higher humidity because of transpiration, then it will be cooler in that zone, correct? Or am I thinking about it wrong?
The higher humidity will usually raise the temp a little tho. The leaf surface temp is usually a couple degrees higher than the ambient temp

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Do you have a temp gun? They’re like 40 bucks for a nice one at Home Depot. I always like to read the surface temp of the leaves. Can’t go wrong there. That’s really what matters anyway. I think that’s what you’re referring to, the leaf surface temp
I found it... Leaf temps are between 72 and 74 currently. Ambient is 70.9 and 56%.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

As my ladies approach night-time, I don't want to spray anything, so at lights on, I will give one of em a shot of epsom salt spray. Then will have more info within a day or two.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I found it... Leaf temps are between 72 and 74 currently. Ambient is 70.9 and 56%.
Brotha I’m gonna say the purpling isn’t because of cold. Those are good temps. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing there’s some purple. Could be many things
As my ladies approach night-time, I don't want to spray anything, so at lights on, I will give one of em a shot of epsom salt spray. Then will have more info within a day or two.
I would do the opposite. Spray at lights out. The light will burn if you spray at lights on. Like a magnifying glass. Do it right at lights out and let them absorb it up instead of drying right up

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Brotha I’m gonna say the purpling isn’t because of cold. Those are good temps. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing there’s some purple. Could be many things

I would do the opposite. Spray at lights out. The light will burn if you spray at lights on. Like a magnifying glass. Do it right at lights out and let them absorb it up instead of drying right up

Ok. Makes sense.

And Thank You to everyone for your input.

Srenots

Srenots

all good ...if u care about VPD heres a lil chart bro

VaporPressureDeficit

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

all good ...if u care about VPD heres a lil chart bro

I care about everything. Every little thing helps.

If I understand Vapor Pressure Deficit correctly, plants grow best in between .8 and .95. And on the chart, that would be 65-70% humidity at 72F. Should my veg garden be at that higher humidity?

Can you help me understand the chart better?

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Let's me say that spraying before lights out is a bad idea. It's a vector for mildew and disease. A foliar feeding is all ways better to be done a hour or two before lights on with a green light or something similar.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Let's me say that spraying before lights out is a bad idea. It's a vector for mildew and disease. A foliar feeding is all ways better to be done a hour or two before lights on with a green light or something similar.
I can vibe with that. My airflow is good and rh doesn’t swing much so usually even at lights out they dry within the hour. I make sure a fan is giving them a breeze.
But I definitely see how it could create a more hospitable environment for mildew. I personally think if you have your environment locked in mildew shouldnt be an issue.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I can vibe with that. My airflow is good and rh doesn’t swing much so usually even at lights out they dry within the hour. I make sure a fan is giving them a breeze.
But I definitely see how it could create a more hospitable environment for mildew. I personally think if you have your environment locked in mildew shouldnt be an issue.
If a foliar spray at lights out is a hot bed for mildew than the growroom itself is already a hotbed for mildew IMO.
Proper airflow. Ventilation, preventative with new cuts from outside and you shouldn’t have mildew problems.
What about fogponics? I know people thag run super high rh to keep with vpd.

matreurai

matreurai

Never enter the room at night in flowering stage. Even with a green light. That doesn’t work. To not break the darkness cycle, the green light would have to be exact same color as the leaves. Considering a plant has different colours, it has to absorb a bit. Its breaking her cycle.
Foliar at night, and right before night is the key for mildew.
The best time to foliar spray is when lights are on. Of course you turn them off for an hour letting just few CFL or T-5 on after application. You spray under the leaves. Spray on top if using a wetting agent like Optic Foliar Transport.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Please remember I am only spraying 2 clones, to see if Mg- is an issue.

I am not worried about mildew building-up in this instance.

But I agree wholeheartedly, that if I were to drench the entire lot right after lights out, My humidity would go through the roof!

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Can anyone tell me the length of time I should wait before expecting to see results from the Epsom salt spray? Also what results am I looking for?

There doesn't seem to be a change yet, after 12 hours.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Can anyone tell me the length of time I should wait before expecting to see results from the Epsom salt spray? Also what results am I looking for?

There doesn't seem to be a change yet, after 12 hours.

I'm not a fan of Epsom salt for the same reason
I wouldn't stress the slight purple stems esp on 2 plants as all seems fine with your grow
It is GDP after all

Latest posts

Top Bottom