Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Your on the right track here with not believing the soil is out of nutrients except for 2 nutrients that you need because what I've read, you've never added it and didn't amend for it.
What nutes would those be? The Recharge and FS are MBE's and will create anything you think might be left out.
Never mess with pH in organic living soil.

His plant needs nothing except correct watering and light. Everything else is built in.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Your going to get multiple answers when your having issues with your plants posting in a Forum. You may end up worse off when you started.

What I can tell you in my
experience with autos from groing them, breeding them and stress testing them to point of very little life and bringing them back is this;
AUTOS are always suggested to grow in small pots. In most 5 gallon pots, ocean forest, supper soil etc will be nutrient deficient in less than 10 weeks. If you are going in optimum conditions with high light exposure, your calcium and magnesium will deplete very fast. Plant strains that have purple or darker colors will consume more of it.

First thing you see in auto when you start getting a cal mag deficiency is the yellowing in your lower leaves and lines in the leaves are still green. Then you'll start seeing your tips look orange and burned. Then your middle aged leaves will start turning so dark they look black and you start getting spots on your leaves that look like rust.

So an un experienced grower sees all the signs of deficiency and starts pouring recharge, bat guano, tiger bloom and everything else he has at it and two weeks later the plant is dead.

In my experience, the first thing I do when I see yellowing leaves is double dose of cal mag plus, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 Tablespoon of black strap molasses per gallon of water. Because I understand that without calcium and magnesium you going to get all those deficiency signs because you plant won't uptake the nutrients. The sugar is beneficial at a stages but when photosynthesis is screwed up of the glucose produced by photosynthesis is used for respiration.

Glucose is the starting point for the biosynthesis of materials that plants need to live. The glucose not used for respiration. It helps build the cell walls, absorb nitrogen from the soil store starch for growth in the dark cycle, raises terp profile and builds its sap production "immune System"

I grow in 7.5 gallon pots for autos and at the end its one solid root ball. Your plant probably has less than a 6 inch root ball.

Here are some autos from my last
I don’t want to highjack this post so I’m gonna DM you about this point you are making, great stuff. Thank you.

ajgrows

ajgrows

I don’t want to highjack this post so I’m gonna DM you about this point you are making, great stuff. Thank you.
Hijack away man, doesn't bother me.

Lets see a new pic

Pretty big change in the leaves vs the pic from few days ago on page 20. She's droopier than usual, but I watered today. Trichomes are mostly clear, starting to get a bit milky. I've easily got a few weeks still but I'm not sure if I should try a shot of calmag or just let it suck all the leaves dry. The top dress blend I use has components for calcium and magnesium but I'm afraid it will also add too much of the stuff she doesn't need if I use that.

APC 0022

And this SOB just isn't gettin' any legs. I left a couple inches of space to back fill when it got taller, but that's not happening. Guess I'll try my hand at some light LST to get as much new growth into the light as I can 🤷‍♂️

APC 0024

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Too much eating out of one pot. The soil is only set for one plant. The Basil and Strawberries are robbing it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Instead, water in a tiny amount of epsom salt. Use 1/4 tablespoon in a gallon of regular feed water every 3rd time you water.
Next time, keep stuff separate indoors. Outdoors is different, you mix and match outside.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Instead, water in a tiny amount of epsom salt. Use 1/4 tablespoon in a gallon of regular feed water every 3rd time you water.
Next time, keep stuff separate indoors. Outdoors is different, you mix and match outside.
Now you’re making me feel almost smart lol. I wanted to try epsom salt but was worried it would be a disaster. I’ll try that next time she needs water.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Pretty big change in the leaves vs the pic from few days ago on page 20. She's droopier than usual, but I watered today. Trichomes are mostly clear, starting to get a bit milky. I've easily got a few weeks still but I'm not sure if I should try a shot of calmag or just let it suck all the leaves dry. The top dress blend I use has components for calcium and magnesium but I'm afraid it will also add too much of the stuff she doesn't need if I use that.

View attachment 1185352

And this SOB just isn't gettin' any legs. I left a couple inches of space to back fill when it got taller, but that's not happening. Guess I'll try my hand at some light LST to get as much new growth into the light as I can

View attachment 1185352

And this SOB just isn't gettin' any legs. I left a couple inches of space to back fill when it got taller, but that's not happening. Guess I'll try my hand at some light LST to get as much new growth into the light as I can 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1185353
Lol, what treecutter said about the tips burning and leaves getting very dark green almost black resonates with what’s happening to me right now. I was wondering how all that sugar/honey affects pH since I’m using the AN products and I never check that shit.
I’ve also been told to add 1tsp per gal for a foliar feed for faster results, would you agree or disagree?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Now you’re making me feel almost smart lol. I wanted to try epsom salt but was worried it would be a disaster. I’ll try that next time she needs water.
Just do it once and see how it goes. If it still needs more, you can give it.
Do you know how to tell if it needs it?
Take the bad fan leaves off. They don't do anything at this point.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Just do it once and see how it goes. If it still needs more, you can give it.
Do you know how to tell if it needs it?
Take the bad fan leaves off. They don't do anything at this point.
I ended up giving her a 1/4 tsp of Cal-Mag today, just because one of my homies has some and happened to drop by (don't shoot me 😳🔫 ). Actually no, I don't know how to tell when she might need more Ca or Mg. I'm guessing when the fan leaves that are left start yellowing, it would be time again 🤷‍♂️

Lloyd Day 58
76° | 48% RH | 646 µmols | 42 DLI

The bomb pop is insatiable. I watered yesterday morning and she needed water again this afternoon. Downside of a 1 gallon pot 👎, no more growing in these for me.

APC 0027

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You watch the new growth. If it comes out ok, you're good.
Don't watch the old leaves. You can take them off because in the damaged condition, they harm more than hurt.
They do not heal, so taking them off it the best thing.
Just the big fans. Don't take sugar leaves.

ajgrows

ajgrows

You watch the new growth. If it comes out ok, you're good.
Don't watch the old leaves. You can take them off because in the damaged condition, they harm more than hurt.
They do not heal, so taking them off it the best thing.
Just the big fans. Don't take sugar leaves.
I feel like there hasn't been any new growth in awhile except sugar leaves lol. I'll keep an eye on it.

ajgrows

ajgrows

Lloyd Day 63
78° | 51% RH | 750 µmols | 49 DLI

Despite my best efforts to kill this girl, she's on the countdown to harvest. I've been giving her small doses of Cal-Mag and Recharge with the last few waterings and she looks....pretty much the same lol. I do see a little less yellow between the veins of the fan leaves so I'll call that a win. She's actually starting to show a little frost and about half of the trichomes are milky. I'm not picky so I'll keep the little larfy buds too since she's so small. Who knows, might even pull a couple eighths and be a halfway decent toke after it's cured 🙏

IMG 5979
IMG 5981
IMG 5982

Chester Day 30
78° | 51% RH | 570 µmols | 37 DLI

What point determines the start of flower vs pre-flower? The Blueberry auto is determined not to stand taller than 4" and the damn fan leaves are doing their best to keep the bud sites in the shade despite my tucking and manhandling 😠

IMG 5986

ajgrows

ajgrows

Chester Day 34
77° | ? RH | 430 µmols | 29 DLI | Runoff pH 8.0

I've been having saturation issues and a couple dry pockets using a watering can. Today I had what alcoholics refer to as a 'moment of clarity' and thought to myself, 'hey genius, use the pump sprayer'. She took a 1/4G, the heaviest watering so far, and only had a very small amount of runoff. Winning.

I also broke the top off a few days ago when I adjusted the LST wires 😢 Not winning. Silver lining; the two bud sites that were directly below it now have great light 😟 Hopefully two is, in fact, better than one in this case.

She's starting to get bushy asf, throwing out a fair amount of new growth the past few days. I'm hoping she gets a couple more vertical inches on her soon so I can defoliate. Some of the leaves are twisting and growing all sorts of ways to get light. I reduced the intensity because some of the pistils are looking a bit crispy. Not sure if it's light burn, but I figure it's better to err on the side of caution. Overall, I'm feeling really good about her progress and haven't had any significant problems thus far. The Lush is supposed to have enough nutrients to feed for eight weeks. I'm going to be watching very closely the next few weeks for any signs of deficiency so I can get a top dress down and keep her going strong 🤞

IMG 5998
IMG 6001

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

When you add the Fish Poop and Recharge, the Lush comes fully alive and you will not need to add any nutes of any kind.
You should never need to give that plant anything but lots of water.

ajgrows

ajgrows

When you add the Fish Poop and Recharge, the Lush comes fully alive and you will not need to add any nutes of any kind.
You should never need to give that plant anything but lots of water.
That would be cool if it extends the feed window. I haven't used the FS yet, just a little recharge. Don't want to overdo it 😊

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Top dress in about 1/3 cup of Fish Poop and water it in with some recharge on your next watering.

Top Bottom