Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Maybe I'm an idiot. I'll just keep trying to prove that last statement wrong 🤪

Hey, who told you my daily morning mantra?

Really though, between your attitude, your avatar and these early "opportunities" I am still so in for this grow log until the point that I see big buds hanging to dry. I don't know shit about autos though so I'm really just along for the ride and learning along with you. Sending positive vibes though. 🌈

ajgrows

ajgrows

Hey, who told you my daily morning mantra?

Really though, between your attitude, your avatar and these early "opportunities" I am still so in for this grow log until the point that I see big buds hanging to dry. I don't know shit about autos though so I'm really just along for the ride and learning along with you. Sending positive vibes though. 🌈
Haha thanks growmie! I refuse to believe I’m incapable of doing this. Lots of unlucky contestants to go through still in the process lol

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Holy crap, 2 weeks without watering? That scares me lol
A plant can handle too little water far easier than too much. Plants drown fairly easily. @Aqua Man has a video showing how fast plants respond to water after they have been without.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Holy crap, 2 weeks without watering? That scares me lol
Dude I know! It’s so humid in Phoenix right now that even with fans blowing on the pots they didn’t dry out. I’m using biobizz light with no additional perlite so it just didn’t dry out and those baby girls don’t drink that much yet. I think next time I’m going to drop the seed 4-5 days after the initial soak to hit that dry cycle earlier and try to get that growth explosion a week earlier. Not stressing it tho, I like the early stages where you literally don’t have to do any work for the first 3-4 weeks.

ajgrows

ajgrows

ROUND 3 | DAY 4

Tent has bin a little cool, hanging around 72 degrees, humidity around 56%. No dome this run. No sprout yet, but I can see a tap root. Watered until top of medium was thoroughly wet.

ajgrows

ajgrows

ROUND 3 | DAY 5

Ok little lady, hope you got your 🥊🥊 on cause it's gonna be a fight til the end! 🤣

D5 SEEDLING D1

Temp 74° RH 54%. Watered 1/2 oz on Day 3, gonna wait a "couple few" more days to water again. Turned the LEDs up to 55% to drop the RH a bit.

ajgrows

ajgrows

ROUND 3 | DAY 6

Lookin' pretty good for only one more day. Growth always amazes me lol

IMG 5495

Temp 74° RH 49%. Dialed up the TSW2000 a few more watts. 22" from the sprout. 350ish µmols according to Photone. I'll keep the wattage here for now but may raise the lights tomorrow depending on how things look.

IMG 5496

ajgrows

ajgrows

ROUND 3 | DAY 7

One whole oz of water (Yes ComfortablyNumb, only one lol). Raised light about an inch.

ajgrows

ajgrows

I just got some crazy Deja Vu
No, day 7 has historically been the point where I flood the plants. They die. I wait a couple more days to see if they'll magically come alive. They're still dead. Repeat Day 1 process 😅

ajgrows

ajgrows

ROUND 3 | DAY 9

Temp 75° RH 51% Turned up the lights a tad to 380 µmols.

Looking to the not so distant future, I felt the need to prepare the next contestant, should contestant #3 not be up to the challenge 😜. I have been thinking a lot about @AZsunfarmer 's pre-soak. Being someone who loves to tinker with things that need not be tinkered with, I thought I'd try to develop a like-process, start the next germ and try a different medium mix with no pre-amendments.

Filled bottom 1/3 of pot with OF and top 2/3 with HF. Top watered mostly. Tray watered until bottom of tray was covered. Set in dry tent w/ no light or ventilation. Will remove tomorrow and plant seed.

Mendel's Black Lemon Sorbet Auto

5 GAL POT QTY1
HAPPY FROG2/3 pot
OCEAN FOREST1/3 pot
PERLITE5-10%
WORM CASTINGS-
DTE 4-6-2 ALL PURPOSE-
DTE 4-8-4 BLOOM-
PRE-SOAK1/2 GAL
PH6.5

Last edited:
Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
No, day 7 has historically been the point where I flood the plants. They die. I wait a couple more days to see if they'll magically come alive. They're still dead. Repeat Day 1 process 😅

Are you sure purchased a grow tent and not one of those S&M torture tents? Same question regarding your garden tools. 🤔

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Yeah, pre soaking is the key. 3 gal is the biggest I have started seeds in tho. Aquaman discusses this in his watering post about the problems with starting seeds in huge pots where you run into the problem of the soil staying wet for too long when you correctly water with a full soak (roots always staying wet in the Sat zone). At 3 gals it’s taking my seedlings up to 15 days to get to a good soil dry out. That was making me nervous about O2 and root problems but it worked out ok. I’m horrible at transplanting so 3 gal was a good compromise for me. 1 gal probably would have produced a faster veg getting into the wet/dry cycle tho. I worry about the 5 gal taking even more time to get to the first dry cycle so I stayed away from it. I think it’s a good experiment for you and you are using 5-10% perlite so I think that will allow your soil to drain and dry faster in seedling stage. I also have a budget light that I don’t expect to produce big pants and big yields so 5 gal would be over kill.

Stick to your plan and stay away from the watering can! Haha, good thread for us beginners 👍

ajgrows

ajgrows

ROUND 3 | DAY 10

Sooo I noticed Photone has been trying to tell me I need to use a diffuser. Contestant #3 is looking like there's some ish going on with the ends/edges of the leaves and I have been wondering if I'm giving too much intensity too soon. I used the paper diffuser method to check PAR this morning and it was reading 670 some µmols 😲 HOLY MOTHER OF GOD that is way too high. Needless to say I backed the light down to 325 µmols and will see what that does. There's still some dampness around the seedling about an inch below the surface. I will probably top water tomorrow, a cup or two 😉

IMG 5505

ROUND 4 | DAY 0

Contestant #4....these shits need names. Let's call this one Hank. For no reason other than that is the first name I thought of. Hopefully Hank is a tank 🚜, or a tractor if she's an emoji. Vacuumed out the tent, tossed the pre-soaked pot and Hank in with #3 and we're ready to roll. I'm stoked to see how the pre-soak pans out.

IMG 5507

I did notice a gnat walking around contestant #3 flexing like it belonged there 😡 so some KGB traps are in order. I'd be lying if I said a part of me doesn't get off on seeing those bastards stuck to the traps.

Mister son of the bitch lets play some cards

I have the grow tents set up in my basement, along with a 30 gal fabric pot worm bin I started about a month ago. Along with the humidy this time of year, and the fact that I'm purposely keeping a vermicompost bin about 15 feet from the grow, the gnats tend to increase a touch when I add some water to that.

Hopefully I'll be able harvest my own castings in the next 6-8 months. Worms happen to love avocado btw 🤓

IMG 5508

✌️ out fam

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Damn, good catch on those lights, man. Looking really good!

ajgrows

ajgrows

Damn, good catch on those lights, man. Looking really good!
Thanks bruh. I started reading through your grow thread yesterday but haven't made it all the way through. You can only grow 4 plants at one time? That's crazy. I'm sure I could Google it, but is that rec or med grow there? We have cultivation limits of 6 seedling, 6 veg, and 6 flower at any one time in MO. Not that I would ever have 18 plants running at once lol. I can't imagine what one person would do with that yield 🤣

Im so high right now isee fish tittes makeameme org im 52292191

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Thanks bruh. I started reading through your grow thread yesterday but haven't made it all the way through. You can only grow 4 plants at one time? That's crazy. I'm sure I could Google it, but is that rec or med grow there? We have cultivation limits of 6 seedling, 6 veg, and 6 flower at any one time in MO. Not that I would ever have 18 plants running at once lol. I can't imagine what one person would do with that yield 🤣

The new recreational laws just went in effect here in VA about a month and a half ago allowing for home cultivation. We won't see any legal rec dispensaries until 2024. The law was rushed through the process and its already been amended once. I expect we'll see a lot more changes to the law between now and 2024 as the state works out details, and hopefully that limit of 4 per household will change in the process since it seems so arbitrary when you take everything we know into consideration.

And yeah, don't bother reading through my entire thread unless you want to witness a man changing his mind from page to page, heh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom