Kim's Beginner Diary

• Thread starter KLight03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KLight03

KLight03

My fiancée has mentioned this before to me about different crystals one day when we were walking through a flea market. One of the vendors there were selling all kinds of different rocks and different crystals too. I have seen a couple pictures of people doing it when I was reading to learn how to grow. Since I seen that you do it as well, I had to ask. Thanks for explaining it.
You're welcome. Not sure if my reasoning is the same for anyone else, but there ya go.

KLight03

KLight03

im okay,was just ribbing above over the mars hydro thing,crazy,IM SICK AND TIRED OF YALL GOING OFF TOPIC but the op doesnt have a problem with it ,that stamnet made me feel like i need to walk up to a community board and see what threads i can watch today hahahah.
i could never be a mod,well i said same thing about be a boss,this is true when i was i was firm but fair,none my folks had bad attitudes on any shit i was running that day,but these mods,aint only this site either,every forum i visit seems like they dig the feel of being mama and daddy on report card day and let the shit go to there head,forgeting some of us were around when they were just members too,hahah oh well BACK ON TOPIC lmoa
got out and done some burning yesteray and a storm is moving you alls way,button down the hatches
Must be all the pressure I'm feeling in my joints today. I appreciate you!

My hubs says the mods are the same no matter what forum is where. ;)

basscaptain

basscaptain

he is just saying if Soil is SO easy....
it would make more since to start there....
Learn how a plant will grow and how to grow it as easy as poss...

Before adding all the things that go with coco.....

If your in soil and can't read a plant and what is going on and the feed... think these alot more problem you can have with a plant YOU have to Feed Everyday with nothing behind you.... That's all

and again this is just my 2 cents worth....

KLight03

KLight03

explain why?
im thinking a new boot needs to know how to use meters ,just basic meters ph tds
they have to know how to control what goes in and out
coco makes them figure out how to do that simply by if they screw up it dont take 3 days to see it,then what the killer for new folks,OVERWATERING right,only way to over water in coco is if plant is locked out,or it is a new seedling not eating as of yet.
coco also lets them see all there effort is right in front of there face by growth ,it also shows them how much work is really involved into bringing real product numbers out of there tent if they tweek and master the media.
once they have figured it out maybe a step to hydro
soil is this mans lazy way,if you have your soil ideal ya you can dump 8 and 9.0 ph water in there and not pay any mind to the ec count you put in there,but you better be experienced gardener too,soil can buffer radiation over years,but while it does that and the difrence of you doing it ,is your body and lungs are smoking the shit with out all the filtering the soil provides,so it just stupid to tall someone oh dont worry about ph and tds your feed going into soil it buffers it,hell that like handing folk fist full of pills saying oh dont worry wont hurt ya the body adjust,same thing.
so soil has become conflicting also for the new boot,the days of plant a seed and pamper it is gone,it all about competetion of yeild and beauty and who owns what or more,just who's got the biggest dick,thats what it turned into.
once she gets the coco down,then soil will be a brezze and in turn can maybe turn a flood table one side the house and have soil plants on the other that grow slower and imo taste so much better,
but there again comes down to experience of getting all the nutes out for a harvest,so like i said on another thread the other day,there is no such thing as this or that media would be better for a newbie,all have to be learned and the student has to pass the grade on which or all they try all open ears will learn something new
You should be teaching classes. Not many who understand the importance of old and new, and also leave themselves open to learning newer, more efficient ways. Unfortunately, we have pushed our young people to want bigger, faster, better and right now, damn it. Now, we know we have to lead by a better example and teach them it's not all about the hustle all the time. We made a mistake putting ourselves and our young people on speed pills and sleeping pills. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and having the capability to see both sides. 📿☮🕊

KLight03

KLight03

Any medium can be difficult, my opinion that each person finds the style that fits their needs and personality.
I'm the type of person who likes to learn multiple different ways and then adapt to me. Agreed on adapting.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I'm trying to eat nourishing foods, Sir. Hahaha!
Hey khalto3 , sorry i started the white castle comment in your grow thread , stoners demon , around here people will trample over each other for a "slider" , its not my style to divert topics off someones thread , if any one wants to continue fast food talk or munchies please do so on my new thread "whitecastle" , ! Thanks !

This thread here is all about a girl and her plant 😊

Last edited:
KLight03

KLight03

Like I said....just my opinion. The only reason I said soil for a new grower is because there's less to learn then a coco or hydro grow. MY opinion too. Once you learn how the plant grows etc then switch to whatever floats your boat. I know it's different for everyone also.
I agree that for many, easier is better initially. It's the same concept I used on the ambulance with greenhorns. We just have to adapt to styles as teachers, which comes with maturity (notice I didn't say age). For me in a teaching role, it was very humbling to realize I sucked at getting my message across. I will explain:

My partner and I were called to assist with a code patient in a nursing home. Showed up, the greenhorn was flipping out and not being useful AT ALL, so I hip checked her out of the way. Afterwards, I told her that I didn't think she was cut out for our line of work (it does take a special person). She cried and explained that she didn't feel she was ever given an opportunity to actually learn in the heat of the moment. I realized I was an asshole because she was right. Screaming and shouting at someone isn't conducive to learning. My former vocation required quick actions on a moments notice at times (Most of the time it was simply hand holding). I realized I was becoming like everyone else and just screaming at my students to know what to do. While someone was dying. Nothing like a little pressure. So, I had to apologize and learn a different way to teach. It was humbling and she actually learned how to save someone. She didn't last in the field, so my instinct was right, but at least I taught her something.

Everyone learns differently. For myself, I prefer the most difficult way.

KLight03

KLight03

Kim ???
Did you say someone is watching this From the State here in TN, or did I miss read that ?????
You definitely misread. Haha! No, I pissed off a bunch of hemp state people in FB forums & real life. They think I'm coming to take away all their toys or something. I've been the only home grower inspected. I speak too much common sense and they didn't like that I'm actually after the medicine. There are a bunch of small farmers actually stressed beyond belief about having a bunch of flower and no where for it to go because they were promised the moon and stars. Someone committed suicide over it and that makes me sick. So, I'm trying to draw them out with ideas for marketing and such.

You now how it is, humanity doesn't know what to do with someone who has genuine intention so they think something is wrong with them and must have negative intent. Like I said, a woman or two, thinks I have other intentions outside of the fact that I'm sick and trying to heal myself and by helping them, I'm helping me (insert eye roll here). I'm actually proud of myself for maintaining decorum because the paramedic in me wants to call out some folk publicly. Hahaha! I love being aware of my dark side.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I agree that for many, easier is better initially. It's the same concept I used on the ambulance with greenhorns. We just have to adapt to styles as teachers, which comes with maturity (notice I didn't say age). For me in a teaching role, it was very humbling to realize I sucked at getting my message across. I will explain:

My partner and I were called to assist with a code patient in a nursing home. Showed up, the greenhorn was flipping out and not being useful AT ALL, so I hip checked her out of the way. Afterwards, I told her that I didn't think she was cut out for our line of work (it does take a special person). She cried and explained that she didn't feel she was ever given an opportunity to actually learn in the heat of the moment. I realized I was an asshole because she was right. Screaming and shouting at someone isn't conducive to learning. My former vocation required quick actions on a moments notice at times (Most of the time it was simply hand holding). I realized I was becoming like everyone else and just screaming at my students to know what to do. While someone was dying. Nothing like a little pressure. So, I had to apologize and learn a different way to teach. It was humbling and she actually learned how to save someone. She didn't last in the field, so my instinct was right, but at least I taught her something.

They say Bill Gates gave his hardest jobs to his laziest workers because they would find the easiest way to do it. I only said soil because it's probably the easiest between coco and hydro. This way the grower can learn how the plant grows and develops, while not having to worry about to much else because the ease of using soil...which then can be applied for future grows. That's why I said it was just my opinion. Everyone learns differently. I learn from doing it. I can read a million books and I still wouldn't know what to do unless I do it myself.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

he is just saying if Soil is SO easy....
it would make more since to start there....
Learn how a plant will grow and how to grow it as easy as poss...

Before adding all the things that go with coco.....

If your in soil and can't read a plant and what is going on and the feed... think these alot more problem you can have with a plant YOU have to Feed Everyday with nothing behind you.... That's all

and again this is just my 2 cents worth....
This is exactly what I meant lol thanks.

KLight03

KLight03

They say Bill Gates gave his hardest jobs to his laziest workers because they would find the easiest way to do it. I only said soil because it's probably the easiest between coco and hydro. This way the grower can learn how the plant grows and develops, while not having to worry about to much else because the ease of using soil...which then can be applied for future grows. That's why I said it was just my opinion. Everyone learns differently. I learn from doing it. I can read a million books and I still wouldn't know what to do unless I do it myself.
I agree. You and I seem to learn in a similar fashion.

To be honest, I'm afraid to grow in soil. The reason why is because I don't know where the soil comes from, is it contaminated? What about heavy metals & pesticides? The coco I'm using drew me in because it's pH neutral and sterilized for the most part. Though, I sterilize it myself, too.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I agree. You and I seem to learn in a similar fashion.

To be honest, I'm afraid to grow in soil. The reason why is because I don't know where the soil comes from, is it contaminated? What about heavy metals & pesticides? The coco I'm using drew me in because it's pH neutral and sterilized for the most part. Though, I sterilize it myself, too.
I'd say stick with what you're doing. You are doing a great job so far. And the ones following along have you in great hands.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Must be all the pressure I'm feeling in my joints today. I appreciate you!

My hubs says the mods are the same no matter what forum is where. ;)
they really are ,like they forget who they are at times,just reg joe's hahahah anyway some folks just need that stroke hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You should be teaching classes. Not many who understand the importance of old and new, and also leave themselves open to learning newer, more efficient ways. Unfortunately, we have pushed our young people to want bigger, faster, better and right now, damn it. Now, we know we have to lead by a better example and teach them it's not all about the hustle all the time. We made a mistake putting ourselves and our young people on speed pills and sleeping pills. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and having the capability to see both sides. 📿☮🕊
hahahah just a tard that been there,i cant sit still i guess is the biggest issue,with discovery you learn why not with coco as mentioned above learn to read plants,im thinking that happens sooner than later with coco,now hydro that damn day im talking about in hours hahaah as i found out the past summer ,shit get me fixed right now or i will just die on you they say
doesnt matter which method all teach us how,even with soil as easy as all think it really isnt,pour something in there it dont like,it just doesnt get fixed with a flush,cause you cant flush soil,you make great mud pies and wash any life it did have out and that all,then it compacts,while you try to bring it back around you think you locked something,oh boy you sure did,it all washed out,so all is a learning curve,im really digging trying to get this hydro stuff to work outside in the summer,it would save me so much room almost to the point i wouldnt need my bottom garden if i could swing it off,by no means do i know what im doing either,so in reality you could say the same to me and i got a minute or two experience,so to see what i mean ,jump out of your comfort zone ,try a new method and see if im wrong your right,my next adventure i believe is gonna be straight up perlite on tables
right or wrong or both it breaks up the monotony i think and most off the complacency that is the one that makes or breaks you

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

same way here,i never asked any employee to do some thing i hadnt,i made a point to put right back in the fire as soon as possible

Top Bottom