Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

3500k is what I have in the top bin 301b's
it gets you closer to the spec of the 3000k Cree......

have fun with them when you get yours.....

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I have recieved updates from Kingbrite. They are waiting for 3000k to restock. I had the option of having 3500k boards shipped immediately, but decided to wait for my initial choice.

I have been informed the lights should be here by next week.

At least they notified you in a timely manner.

basscaptain

basscaptain

if you could just have them sented to me I'll give then a try since I need More Light's......😇🧐😎

If anyone has a few extra lights sitting around I could use them for a few weeks that would be Kool 😎

I can finally say I'm running all mine at 100% and need a few more.......

basscaptain

basscaptain

I REALLY Need 2 More But I Just can't do it right now............

also I would GET the 3500K if you want these for flower also...if you got the top bin

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So I have been reading about how Samsung designates its leds and I can tell you there is some very poor information out there. I’ll have to wait before I have more sound data, but it does look like king bright and several others are not purchasing true top bin. If what i have been reading is accurate then the quality of these are in fact subpar compared to some of the well known companies that have been in bussiness for some time. Next and HLG seem to have secured the top quality of the production of Samsung lm301h . They are selling lots of their products that don’t meet too bin specs and these other companies are just not sharing this information. What that may mean is shorter life span, or it may mean nothing. I have purchased a couple different panels now from China and the US. Just waiting to see what dies first so I can talk mad 💩

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Come on we know how manufacturing works you prolly have 10 in your Research and Development department your company trying to match em
Sorry, That's just a joke. We have no plans to research other Chinese LED companies products, our R&D department is busy on the new products, no time

BigCube

BigCube

So I have been reading about how Samsung designates its leds and I can tell you there is some very poor information out there. I’ll have to wait before I have more sound data, but it does look like king bright and several others are not purchasing true top bin. If what i have been reading is accurate then the quality of these are in fact subpar compared to some of the well known companies that have been in bussiness for some time. Next and HLG seem to have secured the top quality of the production of Samsung lm301h . They are selling lots of their products that don’t meet too bin specs and these other companies are just not sharing this information. What that may mean is shorter life span, or it may mean nothing. I have purchased a couple different panels now from China and the US. Just waiting to see what dies first so I can talk mad 💩

Where did you learn this? Would be nice to have a source. 👍

BigCube

BigCube

It's a little confusing, cause being top bin has nothing to do with how long an led will last.

Binning is done by testing the brightness of an led at the rated forward voltage. "Top bin" can be as little as 2% brighter. Anything 10% or less isnt sold.. so, "top bin" is normally 2 or 3 % brighter at the rated forward voltage.

Sounds good, but remember the lights lose 10% ish a year.

BigCube

BigCube

Sorry, I'm chiming in between drives.

As an example, normal lm301b specs are:
Luminous Flux: 39.3 lm @ 65 mA

Top bin would be 40 or 41 lm.
Anything under 35 wouldn't pass QC. Thus wouldn't be sold.

Even if you have actual top bin, you're talking the difference of less than 5% if not more like 2%. And that vanishes after about a month of use.

This is how I understand it. Been working with LEDs for years.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Can't say much yet, stay tuned!😉
Wrong thread..This is the Kingbrite thread!

Gnome high

Top Bottom