• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Sorry, I'm chiming in between drives.

As an example, normal lm301b specs are:
Luminous Flux: 39.3 lm @ 65 mA

Top bin would be 40 or 41 lm.
Anything under 35 wouldn't pass QC. Thus wouldn't be sold.

Even if you have actual top bin, you're talking the difference of less than 5% if not more like 2%. And that vanishes after about a month of use.

This is how I understand it. Been working with LEDs for years.
So basically in 3-6 months you have the same light? Is that what your sayin or do he lower grade deteriorate as well

BigCube

BigCube

So basically in 3-6 months you have the same light? Is that what your sayin or do he lower grade deteriorate as well

The "lower grade" are the exact same leds. Made at the exact same time in the exact same machine with the exact same specs in mind.

They are the exact same LEDs, one puts out a bit more light than the next due to variation in manufacturing. Each led is tested via machine, and the top bin are separated from the rest.

They all degrade at the same rate (reletivly). Samsung specs state +- 5%.
Anything in the upper of the +5% is top bin, anything under -5% gets thrown out and is not sold. That is +- 5% light output. So the top of 5% (1% or 2 % at most) of 39, we are talking almost nothing.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Sorry, That's just a joke. We have no plans to research other Chinese LED companies products, our R&D department is busy on the new products, no time
your not JOKING at All... I'm Sure you guys are trying to see whats up............. I'm sure 100% Mar's Does Care about them and there place in the Led Market......... If not you should be cause they put out GOOD Stuff.........

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
your not JOKING at All... I'm Sure you guys are trying to see whats up............. I'm sure 100% Mar's Does Care about them and there place in the Led Market......... If not you should be cause they put out GOOD Stuff.........
Actually, no other community growers mentioned them except on here, so we don't pay much attention to them so far... Thanks for your concerns, we will keep eyes on them 😎

basscaptain

basscaptain

Can't say much yet, stay tuned!😉
I'll be watching........>>>>>>>>
the Biggist problem I see/ Have with Mar's LLC..

Is the fact that you guys run the Company with diff rules.............. Doesn't make me feel like you have changed........ Your saying that Mar's is trying to change But your still selling all that junk on e-bay and etc........ and you have diff depts for diff things.......

Sounds Like some poeple needs to get fired.... CUT Cost/Fat and get the price Down on what your selling...... Also 1 Dept Should handle EVERYTHING...........................................
To many Cheifs.......... To much passing the buck for what I see just from here................

Hope your next line is Good maybe I'll take a better look.........In my Eye the sp250 is the best thing you guys have going right now...

Good Luck.........
ps... you can send me a NEW Light before anyone see's them and I'll try it....>>>with a open mind......😇🧐🤓😎

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Where did you learn this? Would be nice to have a source. 👍

IM struggling to find my source. It was based off what I believed to be true, but just waking up I’m completely blurred. It was an article on how different vendors get different quality diodes based on their place in order line or something. But it came down to the fact that some vendors where buying lower quality , and not stating it. In manufacturing its common to produce several quality forms on the same line and only after basic testing is the actual quality stamp given

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

IM struggling to find my source. It was based off what I believed to be true, but just waking up I’m completely blurred. It was an article on how different vendors get different quality diodes based on their place in order line or something. But it came down to the fact that some vendors where buying lower quality , and not stating it. In manufacturing its common to produce several quality forms on the same line and only after basic testing is the actual quality stamp given
I wonder if they are still making the 301b's, and since everyone is going with the 301h's..except the knockoffs..who gets what?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yes I Need More Light's and Can't afford to buy any right now...... so I would run a Mar's light at this point.......

But they cost more than your kingbrights?

Or do you mean a free mars light? Cause I think if they stopped giving away lights on multiple sites constantly they could price their light at what its actually worth.

And even sand and weld their sharp metal corners so noone cuts themselves on a freakin’ grow light we adjust constantly.

Always remember. Mars cares about you!

;-)

basscaptain

basscaptain

just beening a Azz this Morning... there not giving me anything and I'm not buying anything we all know this

Good Morning All......................... 😎 🤓

BigCube

BigCube

The builders in the riu threads say that they are exactly the same diodes. I dont know what is true as i have not researched myself but the guys saying this run hlg and other led companies.

They seem to be the same diodes.
The h is just mostly marketing, but also added specs in the data sheet for horticulture use.

If you read over the data sheets you will see:

Lm301b

Tech Spec

Wattage0.2 W Forward Voltage2.7 VLuminous Flux39.3 lm Luminous Efficacy223 lm/WCondition5000K, 65 mA, 25°C

Lm301h

Tech Spec

Wattage0.2 W Forward Voltage2.7 VPPF0.55 μmol/s PPE3.10 μmol/JCondition65 mA, 5000K, CRI 80

Wattage is the same, forward voltage the same. Conditions are the same so we can compare them directly. If you run the numbers through a lumen to par calculator 39.3 lumens = 0.55 μmol at 5000k

So as far as I can tell, they are the exact same chip. The H designation is so the datasheets have the required information for the horticulture guys.

That's how I see it. I'm sure Samsung would answer if we asked them. 👍

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They seem to be the same diodes.
The h is just mostly marketing, but also added specs in the data sheet for horticulture use.

If you read over the data sheets you will see:

Lm301b

Tech Spec

Wattage0.2 W Forward Voltage2.7 VLuminous Flux39.3 lm Luminous Efficacy223 lm/WCondition5000K, 65 mA, 25°C

Lm301h

Tech Spec

Wattage0.2 W Forward Voltage2.7 VPPF0.55 μmol/s PPE3.10 μmol/JCondition65 mA, 5000K, CRI 80

Wattage is the same, forward voltage the same. Conditions are the same so we can compare them directly. If you run the numbers through a lumen to par calculator 39.3 lumens = 0.55 μmol at 5000k

So as far as I can tell, they are the exact same chip. The H designation is so the datasheets have the required information for the horticulture guys.

That's how I see it. I'm sure Samsung would answer if we asked them. 👍

The builders were sure of this. A pecentage of production gets labeled “H”

Moshmen

Moshmen

As a previous manufacturing engineer, I would bet that in mars r+d department there are lights and diodes from all or at least most other competitors, they know where they stand !they know they are overpriced and subpar quality. They don’t care about our opinions they just want their name mentioned Not sure why we all continue to help with the negative publicity? It still gets people saying mars ! More times we say it and more times we write it the overpriced stuff they sell!
I’m tired of all the untruth they put out we are not ignorant, I guess they support the farm, so I will be respectful, by trying not to comment on their products or ethos again hope I can do it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom