Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ohmythirdeye

Ohmythirdeye

Hello guys. I've bought the 240w (3000k) kit and hang it at about 50cm and dimmed to 120w in a 2x2 (60x60x160). My plant is in veg and she got a good burnt tips after that. Can someone tell me what is the best settings with this lights ? Right now I lifted it to about +10cm more, its at 60 (24" inches) and I also dimmed it to 80watts.

chiguy

chiguy

7 sets of the 240w over each tray. Trays are 3x6, trellis is 4x8 dimmed 2 notches which is about 15%. Rails are made out of 3/16 alum L channel cant remember if it was 3/4 or 1" 15$ per 8ft section @ lowes. Sorry no grow journal can always message me if ya wanna know more tho I'm around 👍
Thanks for the idea. I was planning on running 5 240's over a 4x8, I may have to up that. Do you like the 7 sets of 240's over 4x8 canopy, or would you change it if you were setting up a new room?

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

Im going to put more for sure space them apart a bit and put another 3 sets down the middle

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Beautiful work. You got it going on brotha. Happy grows.
Burnz

chiguy

chiguy

Im going to put more for sure space them apart a bit and put another 3 sets down the middle
Damn. That's gonna be one bright room! Are you in a sealed room or vented? Curious about how many btu's you need to cool those boards?

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

I have a 14000 btu standup in there right now its getting replaced after this run with an 18k mini split im burning a 20# co2 every 2-3 days but it handles it fine. 95 outside lights at 90%ish dehu running holds the room at 82.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Hello guys. I've bought the 240w (3000k) kit and hang it at about 50cm and dimmed to 120w in a 2x2 (60x60x160). My plant is in veg and she got a good burnt tips after that. Can someone tell me what is the best settings with this lights ? Right now I lifted it to about +10cm more, its at 60 (24" inches) and I also dimmed it to 80watts.
Doesnt sound like a light issue, start a new thread and post pictures with more info and youll get some help.

Ohmythirdeye

Ohmythirdeye

Doesnt sound like a light issue, start a new thread and post pictures with more info and youll get some help.
I think that I have a version of what happened. My plant was under a 150w CFL without reflector in a 1.14x1.14x2 tent so there was literally no space (3 gallon pot). Then I switched at day 45(from sprout) to 2x2x5.3 with a QB288 240w set at 120w and at high 20" from the canopy (50000lux=728ppfd measured by a mobile app) and then she just tacoed all the leaves and burnt at tips. I've reeded alot of articles about heat/light stress and it seems that its the right direction. After lifting the panel to 24" and lowering power from 120w to 80w (25000lux=364ppfd) she looks good. I've just switched to 12/12 this day and was afraid of loosing potential because of low wattage (80w) but also dont want to burn it again. So I have no idea about the height and power to set, anywhere I read people tells to set the panel from 14" to 24" at full power but no one speak about different conditions, like tent size and the temps in it nor LUX/PPFD. Also I've found a method of calculating the PPFD by measuring LUX and convert to PPFD(LUX*0.0145=PPFD). HLG says to stay at this ranges(ppfd): Veg from 350 to 500 and flowering from 400 to 800. So after this formula I understood that I started at 728 when I set up the new lights so there was no time to adaptation from a 150 CFL to LED set at a high PPFD levels. Its just my version, maybe its false, but it seems logical like that.

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

50,000 is the high end. Some strains cant take it, the range is 30,000 to 50,000 for veg. Starting on the maximum amount probably isn't wise.

That being said, it's rare that LEDs actually physically burn the pant. Normally there would be bleaching and shying away from the light. To physically burn a plant with Led you have to pretty much be touching.

The "burnt" parts are most likely from increased uptake of nutrients due to increased temperatures.

Monitor your temperature and airflow, specially temps at leafs surface.
Dial the light back to around 30,000 then slowly turn it up to 50 over many days to see where the plant likes it.
May also want to dial your nutrients back.

Ohmythirdeye

Ohmythirdeye

50,000 is the high end. Some strains cant take it, the range is 30,000 to 50,000 for veg. Starting on the maximum amount probably isn't wise.

That being said, it's rare that LEDs actually physically burn the pant. Normally there would be bleaching and shying away from the light. To physically burn a plant with Led you have to pretty much be touching.

The "burnt" parts are most likely from increased uptake of nutrients due to increased temperatures.

Monitor your temperature and airflow, specially temps at leafs surface.
Dial the light back to around 30,000 then slowly turn it up to 50 over many days to see where the plant likes it.
May also want to dial your nutrients back.
Thank you for your reply man. That what I've readed also, when the temps are high the plant will eat like a monster. In the first tent the temps under CFL were 82F-87F. When I set up the LED at 50.000lux the temps were about 82F(so I was thinking that there were no problem). It was the case because she drunk about 250ml more then normal! So she maybe also burnt because of nutrients like you say, for now she drink 400ml, like before the problem begins. The temps are between 75F-78F. I was feeding at 770ppm inflow (50ppm water no calmag, only A+B) in a coco coir, she handled it with CFL but not under LED. So I lowered at 550-575ppm.

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

Thank you for your reply man. That what I've readed also, when the temps are high the plant will eat like a monster. In the first tent the temps under CFL were 82F-87F. When I set up the LED at 50.000lux the temps were about 82F(so I was thinking that there were no problem). It was the case because she drunk about 250ml more then normal! So she maybe also burnt because of nutrients like you say, for now she drink 400ml, like before the problem begins. The temps are between 75F-78F. I was feeding at 770ppm inflow (50ppm water no calmag, only A+B) in a coco coir, she handled it with CFL but not under LED. So I lowered at 550-575ppm.

You're going to want to try and keep your temps down below 80. Even lower if possible. If it's hot enough that your plant is taking up 30% more water, it's also taking up 30% more nutrients. So if you cant get the temperature down enough, lowering your nutrients ppm is about all you can do.

Ohmythirdeye

Ohmythirdeye

You're going to want to try and keep your temps down below 80. Even lower if possible. If it's hot enough that your plant is taking up 30% more water, it's also taking up 30% more nutrients. So if you cant get the temperature down enough, lowering your nutrients ppm is about all you can do.
If you can't get your temps down, get your RH up!
Thank you again guys. I think this info from cocoforcannabis explain this a bit.

Environmental Factors:
Adjustment allowed: -100 to +100
  • If your Tent Runs Hot or Dry (High VPD): Lower EC Target
Heat and low humidity increase the rate that plants draw in water through their roots. Lowering the EC makes it easier for plants to pull in all the water that they need.

Both heat and low humidity also cause increased evaporation. The increased water that is taken up by the plant and the increased evaporation causes the EC to rise between fertigation events. Therefore, in addition to lowering inflow EC, you should also increase fertigation frequency.

• If your Tent Runs Cool or Humid (Low VPD): Raise EC Target

Last edited:
chiguy

chiguy

Anybody concerned about shipping times, I just received 6 240's in 8 days. 2 months ago it took 15 days to get 3 480's. Very happy with Kingbrite so far, and I think the 240's are the way to go. Faster shipping(not sure if that was because they were 240's instead of 480's), cheaper than comperable wattage in 480's, better heatsink, the wires on the diode side of the board are hidden like the HLG's on the 240's, but exposed on the 480's, and possible benefit of 2 drivers per 480 watts(not sure if this is a benefit, please chime in if you understand led's more than me). Also, buying aluminum L brackets and making a custom light rail to help with coverage of your specific setup seems better than just hanging 2 480's over a 4x8. I'm going to copy @godspeed2k86 setup, but using 5 sets of 240's over a 4x8. I'll post a few pics and give you guys notes on light coverage qhen I get a chance.

Ohmythirdeye

Ohmythirdeye

Hello again guys, I have a question. To achieve the desired level of luxes, is it better to decrease height and lowering wattage or the reverse ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom