Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

So I have made it through one tray trimmed and bagged. The Math 7 sets of 240w. Total of 1680w over the tray dimmed about 20% error on the lower side so 15% reduction for math would put it at 1428w. Total yield was 2493g. 1.745 GPW. Good job king bright.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Was just told about these lights. Who do I need to reach out to and how to order some? Anyone. Thanks in advance.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Anyone have a kingbrite for a couple of years still working yet? Longevity from likely suspect parts and cheap circuit board is still my worry.

Or Meiju. They have been around longer with that brand.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Anyone have a direct email for Vicky? I emailed their sales department in care of vicky with no response.

DogterB

DogterB

I emailed that address with no response yesterday.
I emailed both Vicky and Vivi a few weeks back and never heard back. Might be better off trying to message them through Alibaba, though Vicky never responded to me there either

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Are these the same thing as monster boards that are on the same Albania website? Those look the same but with waterproof wiring.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There are many different but similar chinese knock off boards on amazon and alibaba, ebay etc.

And american resellers like https://www.budgetgrowlights.com/

I have not bought any boards yet. Cant vouch. But i see budget has the demon board now. Lol. Thats a knock off of hlg’s diablo boards.

All of this was started by HLG lighting.

They are sponsers at RIU. I have followed them for years.

You have now entered the quantum board “rabbit hole”. ;-)

Good luck. Lol

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

There are many different but similar chinese knock off boards on amazon and alibaba, ebay etc.

And american resellers like https://www.budgetgrowlights.com/

I have not bought any boards yet. Cant vouch. But i see budget has the demon board now. Lol. Thats a knock off of hlg’s diablo boards.

All of this was started by HLG lighting.

They are sponsers at RIU. I have followed them for years.

You have now entered the quantum board “rabbit hole”. ;-)

Good luck. Lol
Budget seems a little higher priced then Alibaba. Hmmmmmm this shit is getting wild. I just want someone I can teach out to and get some responses. I feel like the email address I got is going to some random person who just says "I'm Vicky" and spits off numbers.

Funny cause I emailed then hit them up on instagram and pretty much the same response on both platforms then just crickets before I could get any numbers of cost.

So would be so much easier for a US based company where I dont have to pay 50 bucks to have it shipped.

Madnesssssssssss

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Budget seems a little higher priced then Alibaba. Hmmmmmm this shit is getting wild. I just want someone I can teach out to and get some responses. I feel like the email address I got is going to some random person who just says "I'm Vicky" and spits off numbers.

Funny cause I emailed then hit them up on instagram and pretty much the same response on both platforms then just crickets before I could get any numbers of cost.

So would be so much easier for a US based company where I dont have to pay 50 bucks to have it shipped.

Madnesssssssssss

I wouldnt deal with the chinese factory. They charge more shipping now anyway. I would spend a little more to have a better warranty and an american seller.

Its the longevity of the knock offs that worries me. They use cheaper parts and run hotter. And maybe have counterfeit diodes. But that can be a reseller lamp too.

Peronally I still like timber lighting. They use cobs not boards. And they are starting with strip lights.

I could put 2 of these to good use.

Even the 4 cob lamp may be enough to replace my 600 hps.

And now that i have confused you more i have been looking for 5 years and still dont know what to buy. Lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah that's a little above my price range. But have had a good amount of people swear by these kingbrites.

These lights are meant to last 10 years. I would be happy with half that but none of the growers recomending king brite here have even had them a year. One grow and they recommend.

There are plenty of reports of early failures and obvious counterfeit diodes. Just not here. The american, european and austrailian builders frequent riu and there are good threads to read in their led forum.

Shipping from china during flu is iffy as well.

Let us know what you decide. Im interested. I have been watching new lights come out every 6 months for years. Prices are lower now. Strips are still very high as they are the newest samsung thing.

Also. Old versions of the boards work fine so saving a little money on disconued stuff can work too.

And places like cob kits sell parts to build your own for a third less or so are out there. And they get bulk deals on older boards and heat sinks and such.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

These lights are meant to last 10 years. I would be happy with half that but none of the growers recomending king brite here have even had them a year. One grow and they recommend.

There are plenty of reports of early failures and obvious counterfeit diodes. Just not here. The american, european and austrailian builders frequent riu and there are good threads to read in their led forum.

Shipping from china during flu is iffy as well.

Let us know what you decide. Im interested. I have been watching new lights come out every 6 months for years. Prices are lower now. Strips are still very high as they are the newest samsung thing.

Also. Old versions of the boards work fine so saving a little money on disconued stuff can work too.

And places like cob kits sell parts to build your own for a third less or so are out there. And they get bulk deals on older boards and heat sinks and such.
And the saga continues.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I bought a 240W light from alibaba (not a kingbrite) I have only had it one grow and it seemed to work quite well. I obviously cannot speak for the longevity of the product but it cost me like $150 Canadian total so I'm pleased. Let me know if you have questions and you can check a couple of my threads about this as well. I have a post on here called "Chinese grow lights" that has a ton of peoples opinions and what not then also check out my diary in my signature you can see the final product of my lights. I will warn you though that was my first grow and mistakes were made etc. Take it all with a grain of salt and who cares what everyone else is saying if you get it and you're happy with it, it's worth it.
I am now on the fence. I have heard people say they dig um. Heard people say they dont know about their longevity. Now I'm looking at spider Farmer but jesus that's the problem soooooo many options. I just want the most effective lights for the most solid results I can get without totally breaking the bank.

Top Bottom