Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I cannot tell you how many hours I spent looking at all the different options and talking to a bunch of different people. It honestly gets in your head just pick and choose lol serious! I can also send you the link for the light I purchased if you're interested.
Shoot it on over. I mean my heads a cluster already so let's add to the confusion.

FourthCity

FourthCity

I am now on the fence. I have heard people say they dig um. Heard people say they dont know about their longevity. Now I'm looking at spider Farmer but jesus that's the problem soooooo many options. I just want the most effective lights for the most solid results I can get without totally breaking the bank.
Same exact thing can be said about the new models from spider farmer and hlg for that matter. Spider farmer changed their light design less than a year ago so no one has had those for more than a year and most of hlg's lineup is less than a year old too. The hlg and kingbrite are both much more serviceable than spider farmer, their boards are a common size and replacements are easily available.

In terms of value its definitely kingbrite>hlg>timber (I have all three fwiw), kingbrite is the most basic but is really cheap for what it offers. The hlg is a great light and the safest bet for its price especially if you are in the US. They usually have some terrific black friday deals too if you can wait awhile longer. Timber makes a truly high end, well assembled, and rugged light but in my experience those features are its main differentiating factor and they have not given it any edge in performance against the other two brands.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Same exact thing can be said about the new models from spider farmer and hlg for that matter. Spider farmer changed their light design less than a year ago so no one has had those for more than a year and most of hlg's lineup is less than a year old too. The hlg and kingbrite are both much more serviceable than spider farmer, their boards are a common size and replacements are easily available.

In terms of value its definitely kingbrite>hlg>timber (I have all three fwiw). The hlg is a great light and the safest bet for its price especially if you are in the US. Timber makes a truly high end, well assembled, and rugged light but in my experience those features are its main differentiating factor and they have not given it any edge in performance against the other two brands.
I will admit I did check out hlg tonight and was leaning at least towards and America or us shipped company. I'm in a 2x2 and dont think I will be in anything larger then a 3x3 anywhere in my near future. So I dont need some 3000w light. I just dont like the fact that I have reached out to kingbrite but from what I have seen you dont even know if you're getting a kingbrite or not. Not to mention it still waiting to even get an answer on a price from this mysterious Vicky.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In terms of value its definitely kingbrite>hlg>timber (I have all three fwiw), kingbrite is the most basic but is really cheap for what it offers. The hlg is a great light and the safest bet for its price especially if you are in the US. Timber makes a truly high end, well assembled, and rugged light but in my experience those features are its main differentiating factor and they have not given it any edge in performance against the other two brands.

Just to note. New HLG boards are made by samsung. That is not true of kingbrite, spider farmer or other shenzen resellers.

The circuit board quality is the main cause of early failure. Assuming the diodes are authentic and matched.

And timber says the cobs have an advantage over boards. Penetration i believe. Have you seen a difference?

I really like the timber lamp for the reasons you said. The v7 veros are supposed to be quality too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I will admit I did check out hlg tonight and was leaning at least towards and America or us shipped company. I'm in a 2x2 and dont think I will be in anything larger then a 3x3 anywhere in my near future. So I dont need some 3000w light. I just dont like the fact that I have reached out to kingbrite but from what I have seen you dont even know if you're getting a kingbrite or not. Not to mention it still waiting to even get an answer on a price from this mysterious Vicky.

For only a 2x2 you could get the 135 watt HLG kit i linked for you yesterday.

Its like $200. You wont save 50 bucks aftwr shipping with the budget options. And you will have to dim a more powerful led in that 2x2.

If you upgrade to a 3x3 you could use it in your 2x2 for veg and grow perpetually. Flowering with a new lamp that will be so fun to buy.

If not timber i still lean toward hlg kits or source the parts and diy. You dont even need a heat sink for a single board. Just a board and driver and wires.

Porky1982

Porky1982

You yanks should support your own. Kingbrite are a direct rip off of HLG who put the time and effort in research and development to build a quality light that is proven with its results.
Kingbrite are a scummy Chinese company that directly stole the design and began making them from inferior materials.
I fucking hate these direct ripoff Chinese cunts.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You yanks should support your own. Kingbrite are a direct rip off of HLG who put the time and effort in research and development to build a quality light that is proven with its results.
Kingbrite are a scummy Chinese company that directly stole the design and began making them from inferior materials.
I fucking hate these direct ripoff Chinese cunts.

Spider farmer is the same but charges even more money. Almost as much as hlg.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Whatever deals they were making outside of alibaba was against that sites terms. They have recently overhauled their system and I suspect it was to cut back on some of these outside dealings. The website is pretty straight forward, no need to email anyone imo, the products are all listed and described pretty clearly. If you want to order you just pick the one you want, select the options, and checkout like any other ecommerce site.
Go to the products drop down menu near the upper left of the page.
Just to note. New HLG boards are made by samsung. That is not true of kingbrite, spider farmer or other shenzen resellers.

The circuit board quality is the main cause of early failure. Assuming the diodes are authentic and matched.

And timber says the cobs have an advantage over boards. Penetration i believe. Have you seen a difference?

I really like the timber lamp for the reasons you said. The v7 veros are supposed to be quality too.
The difference between the three is kind of in the perspective and hard to quantify. Part of what makes it a little difficult is that hlg suggests their lights are suitable for more sqft/watt than timber. If I were to judge them based on how well they perform over their recommended foot print as a single light then I would say that the hlg does not perform as well as the timber. The hlg has more drop off towards the edges of its recommended foot print but the timber has the greater drop off outside of its foot print.

So for example my 3vl's are recommended for a 4x2 space with 320 watts each and my two hlg 600's which are really about 620 watts are rated for 5x5 (both flowering). My flowering area is 4ftx12ft with my two timbers bookending the hlgs in the middle. I have the hlg's each covering only a 4x4 area, using and judging them in this manner I see no discernable difference in performance between the lights at all.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

L
Whatever deals they were making outside of alibaba was against that sites terms. They have recently overhauled their system and I suspect it was to cut back on some of these outside dealings. The website is pretty straight forward, no need to email anyone imo, the products are all listed and described pretty clearly. If you want to order you just pick the one you want, select the options, and checkout like any other ecommerce site.
Go to the products drop down menu near the upper left of the page.

The difference between the three is kind of in the perspective and hard to quantify. Part of what makes it a little difficult is that hlg suggests their lights are suitable for more sqft/watt than timber. If I were to judge them based on how well they perform over their recommended foot print as a single light then I would say that the hlg does not perform as well as the timber. The hlg has more drop off towards the edges of its recommended foot print but the timber has the greater drop off outside of its foot print.

So for example my 3vl's are recommended for a 4x2 space with 320 watts each and my two hlg 600's which are really about 620 watts are rated for 5x5 (both flowering). My flowering area is 4ftx12ft with my two timbers bookending the hlgs in the middle. I have the hlg's each covering only a 4x4 area, using and judging them in this manner I see no discernable difference in performance between the lights at all.
I'm in a 2x2 though so dont think I really have to worry about fall off especially looking at hlgs 135w.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Decisions decisions. Hmmmmmmmm. HLG huh
I got tired of the opinions lol. Went looking on GD and here for people who had a diary using viparspectra. Yeah the timber guys just threw up in their mouths a little. (sorry) I needed to replace a 10 yo Sunblaze flouro. So I just went with it. $179 shipped for a P2000. Hung a couple of old blurples to each side of the thing and my plants took off. It's a small factor flowering thing inside for me during the winter, so I figure it will work better than the flouros. I'd like to get the top of the line stuff just because. But... it's just for my wife and I amd I'm not going for any Cannabis Cups anytime soon lol :)))

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you want a quantum board style light go with HLG. They invented them the rest are just ripoffs.

Well they didnt invent light boards. Just the specific horticultural application and the name quantim boards. But they were so popular samsung took note.

Light boards were designed to light up store window displays with 90cri or better.

Just like hps were streetlights or highbay lights. And so were cobs.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Always gonna be bigger & better next year with lights lol, constant rapid improvements make it hard to keep up sometimes, what works for some don't for others

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

I see a difference in light penetration. Timbers are penetrating pretty far inside the canopy. I’m currently running a side by side right with the cobs and a kingbrite board. Way stretchier under the kingbrite.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I got tired of the opinions lol. Went looking on GD and here for people who had a diary using viparspectra. Yeah the timber guys just threw up in their mouths a little. (sorry) I needed to replace a 10 yo Sunblaze flouro. So I just went with it. $179 shipped for a P2000. Hung a couple of old blurples to each side of the thing and my plants took off. It's a small factor flowering thing inside for me during the winter, so I figure it will work better than the flouros. I'd like to get the top of the line stuff just because. But... it's just for my wife and I amd I'm not going for any Cannabis Cups anytime soon lol :)))
I actually have the p1500 and am kinda in the same boat just for the wife and myself too.

Top Bottom