• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourthCity

FourthCity

Just an overservation but...

People who have ran chinese lights and then fucking hate them : Everyone

People who just ran them for the first time and think there the shit : everyone

People who learn after they fuck up and relalize chinese made shit is garbage and you played ya self : everyone.

Have ya cake, then eat it too :D
I must have missed where you used kingbrite lights. No need to come in here being racist and saying all chinese lights are shit. I blame the people buying all the crappy lights and not doing their research as much as the bad chinese businesses that are making and marketing them.

The kingbrite quantum boards on the other hand have proven to be pretty solid and at their price they are an excellent value. The fact that you have got free lighting from their competitors but have no experience with kingbrite makes you more than a little biased here. I mean if you have actually used their lights and were unsatisfied by all means this is the place to say something constructive but I dont really see how your post helps this kingbrite review thread.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I must have missed where you used kingbrite lights. No need to come in here being racist and saying all chinese lights are shit. I blame the people buying all the crappy lights and not doing their research as much as the bad chinese businesses that are making and marketing them.

The kingbrite quantum boards on the other hand have proven to be pretty solid and at their price they are an excellent value. The fact that you have got free lighting from their competitors but have no experience with kingbrite makes you more than a little biased here. I mean if you have actually used their lights and were unsatisfied by all means this is the place to say something constructive but I dont really see how your post helps this kingbrite review thread.

well there ya go kingbrite can't own nor call them quantom boards.. so thats fruad right there.. anything else past that can;t be bought cause calling it a quantom board is fruad.. HLG owns and is the only one who owns the rights to quantom boards.

I don;'t care how similar they are.. if you have to call it a quantom board when you lack the rights to.. your fraud and your shit is fruadulent. peiod.

FourthCity

FourthCity

well there ya go kingbrite can't own nor call them quantom boards.. so thats fruad right there.. anything else past that can;t be bought cause calling it a quantom board is fruad.. HLG owns and is the only one who owns the rights to quantom boards.

I don;'t care how similar they are.. if you have to call it a quantom board when you lack the rights to.. your fraud and your shit is fruadulent. peiod.
Anyone that gets hung up on the legalities of their lights trademarks instead of their performance and value has got the wrong priorities. Let hlg and kingbrite fight that battle, if hlg wins and kingbrite stops calling the lights quantum boards its not like their lights actually change, its just a name.

When you say all chinese lights are shit does that just mean that you think their names are fraud? Do you have any other specific complaints about kingbrite? Did one of their lights hurt you? Is this just about responding to every single thread?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Anyone that gets hung up on the legalities of their lights trademarks instead of their performance and value has got the wrong priorities. Let hlg and kingbrite fight that battle, if hlg wins and kingbrite stops calling the lights quantum boards its not like their lights actually change, its just a name.

When you say all chinese lights are shit does that just mean that you think their names are fraud? Do you have any other specific complaints about kingbrite? Did one of their lights hurt you? Is this just about responding to every single thread?

"Anyone that gets hung up on the legalities of their lights trademarks instead of their performance and value has got the wrong priorities. "

Thats an argument in and amung its self.. its not a hang up to hold someone accountable.. but if you wanna call it that fine we'll side step that fact that accountablity is not an issue..

HLG already won but again side stepping the assume of actual accountablity and honesty here..

The names ARE fraud really there all just copying 1 fucking brand.. spider farm is a copy cat of XXX which is a copy of XXX there all the same fucking lights with minor changes,,. Vipraspectar is the same fucking light as spider farm 100W only difference is 50W and a fuckng HEATSINK..

I get it you spend XXX dollars on your lights and you wanna make your self feel like your investment was worht it.. I did the same WE ALL DID.. and then the moment of truth fucking hit.. my 500$ investment in mars hydro was bullshit..

your XXX investment in chinese lights will also be bullshit, you just ain;'t had that Epiphany moment yet..

run the lights till you can't no more.. and then run american made shit and compare and come back and tell me your 500$ lights are anywhere near my 1000$ investment.

You can't.. You won't.. end of story.

FourthCity

FourthCity

"Anyone that gets hung up on the legalities of their lights trademarks instead of their performance and value has got the wrong priorities. "

Thats an argument in and amung its self.. its not a hang up to hold someone accountable.. but if you wanna call it that fine we'll side step that fact that accountablity is not an issue..

HLG already won but again side stepping the assume of actual accountablity and honesty here..

The names ARE fraud really there all just copying 1 fucking brand.. spider farm is a copy cat of XXX which is a copy of XXX there all the same fucking lights with minor changes,,. Vipraspectar is the same fucking light as spider farm 100W only difference is 50W and a fuckng HEATSINK..

I get it you spend XXX dollars on your lights and you wanna make your self feel like your investment was worht it.. I did the same WE ALL DID.. and then the moment of truth fucking hit.. my 500$ investment in mars hydro was bullshit..

your XXX investment in chinese lights will also be bullshit, you just ain;'t had that Epiphany moment yet..

run the lights till you can't no more.. and then run american made shit and compare and come back and tell me your 500$ lights are anywhere near my 1000$ investment.

I'm running kingbrites in the veg tent and they are doing just as good as my hlg and timber lights did in that role. What epiphany do you think I am going to come to? I still don't see what your complaint is other than the term quantum board. Also, unlike the other brands you mentioned at least the recommended kingbrites come with samsung 301b or 301h diodes.

I'm sorry you bought and were given crappy lights from other brands but I'm still not sure why that is influencing your opinion on a product you have no experience with and seem to know little about. Ill ask again, other than your complaint about them using the term quantum board, do you have any other issues with kingbrite lights that you would like to share?

FuqStik

FuqStik

My 3 "CHINESE" Geeklight 240w 301h fucking rock!!!!! Here's the thing with your ignorance.... you do understand that a lot of the newer top end lights ALL are manufactured in Shenzen? You do understand that your LEDs were manufactured in South Korea right? Your new lights aren't fucking American - don't be so ignorant. It's manufactured overseas and ASSEMBLED in the United States. You paid for POSSIBLY better assembly - even then - some of the newer lights are just as good of quality. Seems your complaint is actually the Quantum Boards, not the lights themselves....

Anyone looking for an amazing light, go through Geeklight!!!! - better quality than Kingbrite and Meijiu.

Jrmy911

Jrmy911

I've noticed some of these Chinese companies say they use top bin diodes but they don't. SL is top bin in 80CRI 3500k diodes but they could use inferior and there's no way to know. I think KingBrite uses SK for instance which is one bin below top. What does this mean you ask? It means that instead of getting 38-40 lumens per 65mA you are getting 36-38 lumens/65mA @ 25degC. That is how they are binned. Now, who knows what happens at higher temps and higher watts since we juice them up quite a bit higher than this, but it's a data point we extrapolate against. So basically, we are getting 95% of the efficiency of the top bin diodes. Also, the 90cri diodes are much lower efficiency than the 70 or 80 CRI diodes. Not 100% sure on the difference between the lm301b vs h but I've read there's a different phosphor used and it's 3% more efficient but way more expensive which doesn't justify cost difference. Not sure if lm301h has longer life of phosphor. Gist is lm301b in 80cri in 3000k to 5000k diodes using SL bin is best (except for 5000k which has a SM bin which is 40-42 lumens/65mA if you're interested in a veg lamp). Not sure about the Cree vs Epistar efficiency in 660nm or far red or anything UV. Would have to review specs. No guarantee if you ask for bin if you'll get what they say either.

Anthem

Anthem

Buddy has a room of 8 next light megas 4 synce raging kush, a commercial carson 1300w 4 x 8 led, and 4 650w Nalite from Alibaba and they cheap alibaba nalite puts up 1.2 GPW just the same....

1.2 GPW is not something to brag about. The big boy lights kill that number. Big Boy lights would be Fluence, Gavita or HLG to name a few

Anthem

Anthem

Dabbie,
You cannot argue with people that do not understand the facts.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Dabbie,
You cannot argue with people that do not understand the facts.
They did not present any facts other than the issue with the quantum board trademark. Maybe you have used their lights and have some more specific complaints? As far as gpw its not like lights are the only thing responsible for that number, its more about how skilled you are at growing and using your lights than just the lights themselves.

I'm all for having both sides of this discussion but could you at least attempt to explain your side instead of saying people can't understand facts that you haven't even stated? Give us some facts.

Like I said, I have hlg and timber lights as well. I have two hlg 600 v2 rpsecs and two timber 3vl 3000k, I have had the timbers for the longest and the hlgs since january so I have had multiple grows with each. The Kingnbrites I purchased are 4000k with no uv or ir and they are still performing just as well as the hlg or timber for veg.

I wanted four individual panels and heatsinks with about 500 total watts, this would have been over $800 from hlg but was less than $300 shipped from kingbrite. I love my hlg lights and their customer service is top notch, don't get the wrong idea, its just that their smaller panels are priced much higher per watt than their larger panels which makes the kingbrites such an attractive value.

I'm not seeing a single post from anyone on here (this thread or forum in general) that has used kingbrite lights talking about how much they suck at growing, it seems like everyone that has one is pretty satisfied. Why is it that only people that haven't used these lights are so against them and feel the need to insult people that use them succesfully?

Anthem

Anthem

They did not present any facts other than the issue with the quantum board trademark. Maybe you have used their lights and have some more specific complaints? As far as gpw its not like lights are the only thing responsible for that number, its more about how skilled you are at growing and using your lights than just the lights themselves.

I'm all for having both sides of this discussion but could you at least attempt to explain your side instead of saying people can't understand facts that you haven't even stated? Give us some facts.

Like I said, I have hlg and timber lights as well. I have two hlg 600 v2 rpsecs and two timber 3vl 3000k, I have had the timbers for the longest and the hlgs since january so I have had multiple grows with each. The Kingnbrites I purchased are 4000k with no uv or ir and they are still performing just as well as the hlg or timber for veg.

I wanted four individual panels and heatsinks with about 500 total watts, this would have been over $800 from hlg but was less than $300 shipped from kingbrite. I love my hlg lights and their customer service is top notch, don't get the wrong idea, its just that their smaller panels are priced much higher per watt than their larger panels which makes the kingbrites such an attractive value.

I'm not seeing a single post from anyone on here (this thread or forum in general) that has used kingbrite lights talking about how much they suck at growing, it seems like everyone that has one is pretty satisfied. Why is it that only people that haven't used these lights are so against them and feel the need to insult people that use them succesfully?
[/QUOTE

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree and disagree. Kingbright lights absolutely grow nice plants and I would recommend them as probably the best budget option.

But... The heatsinks are of lessor quality the diodes have been reported to be mixed bin or lower bin and some reports of wiring issues.

Now the performance of these lights vs others is hard to see a difference. Bit the overall quality and life (speculation based on quality) of the fixtures is not equal. The information provided by kingbright in terms of efficacy and ppfd are often exaggerated. But none of that means they won't grow amazing plants.

The chances of early failure and exaggerated or copy pasted specifications without 3rd party testing and under performing heats sinks is the negative side.

The positive is if you can accept that you have a very good amount light provided at a very good price.

It's not that they are crap they just come with more risk and chance of failure with hassles in warranty and shipping. Also the risk of parts not being as described in some cases.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You havent seen evidence of bad wiring, rows of diodes dim or out, counterfeit diodes, warranties not being honored, low bin and unmatched diodes, immediete failure, 6 month failure, etc. ?

If you havent you arent looking. ;-)

FourthCity

FourthCity

I agree and disagree. Kingbright lights absolutely grow nice plants and I would recommend them as probably the best budget option.

But... The heatsinks are of lessor quality the diodes have been reported to be mixed bin or lower bin and some reports of wiring issues.

Now the performance of these lights vs others is hard to see a difference. Bit the overall quality and life (speculation based on quality) of the fixtures is not equal. The information provided by kingbright in terms of efficacy and ppfd are often exaggerated. But none of that means they won't grow amazing plants.

The chances of early failure and exaggerated or copy pasted specifications without 3rd party testing and under performing heats sinks is the negative side.

The positive is if you can accept that you have a very good amount light provided at a very good price.

It's not that they are crap they just come with more risk and chance of failure with hassles in warranty and shipping. Also the risk of parts not being as described in some cases.
I agree with everything you said, the heatsink has shallower fins than the hlg lights, the diodes are probably just under top bin, and the specs are likely copied and pasted from american brands that were testing their own products. That being said I am not seeing a practical difference in performance compared to my other lights and with these being less than half as expensive I have no complaints at all.

Thank you for actually giving some relevant information, I have no intention of defending the shortcomings of these lights I just think they are a good value in spite of them

You havent seen evidence of bad wiring, rows of diodes dim or out, counterfeit diodes, warranties not being honored, low bin and unmatched diodes, immediete failure, 6 month failure, etc. ?

Mine came unassembled with provided wiring and connectors that are identical to what I received from hlg. If any of the wiring was done wrong that would be on me for making a mistake. I haven't seen people post the issues you are describing and I did look before I made my purchase but maybe I didn't use the right terms. If you can find any of those posts or threads can you link to them here?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with everything you said, the heatsink has shallower fins than the hlg lights, the diodes are probably just under top bin, and the specs are likely copied and pasted from american brands that were testing their own products. That being said I am not seeing a practical difference in performance compared to my other lights and with these being less than half as expensive I have no complaints at all.

Thank you for actually giving some relevant information, I have no intention of defending the shortcomings of these lights I just think they are a good value in spite of them

Mine came unassembled with provided wiring and connectors that are identical to what I received from hlg. If any of the wiring was done wrong that would be on me for making a mistake. I haven't seen people post the issues you are describing and I did look before I made my purchase but maybe I didn't use the right terms. If you can find any of those posts or threads can you link to them here?
I agree with you. The only comment I can add is that they work great until they don't.

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

1.2 GPW is not something to brag about. The big boy lights kill that number. Big Boy lights would be Fluence, Gavita or HLG to name a few

Wasnt saying the GPW. Number specifically was something to brag about I was making the comparison that in a garden the that is stable and consistent that cheap china lights can easily achieve the same results and a Nextlight Mega or a Spydr.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wasnt saying the GPW. Number specifically was something to brag about I was making the comparison that in a garden the that is stable and consistent that cheap china lights can easily achieve the same results and a Nextlight Mega or a Spydr.
Wouldn't quite go that far but yes they produce well.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

On Kingbrites? I agree with Aqua about the heat sink, and if some of the diodes aren't top bin I wouldn't know how to tell. But I haven't seen the immediate failure/ 6 month failure/ warranty not honored with them.

To me, given similar enough operating costs, lights boil down to a relatively simple formula.

Gross cost/ watt: warranty years

A 240w Kingbrite will cost around $200 shipped, $0.83 per watt. The warranty is for one year, so the ratio of cost per watt to warranty year is $0.83:1.

A 260w HLG is around $350 shipped. That's $1.34/w. Their warranty info varies product to product on the site, so for the sake of argument we'll assume that it's the same 3-year one they offer with their new lights. Then the HLG comes in at $1.34:3, or $0.45:1.

So if the HLG lasts 3 years and the Kingbrite lasts 1 and I have to buy a new one, it's more cost effective to go with the HLG.

But! The cost per watt on the kingbrites improves over the second to $0.41 and, assuming it lasts that long, to $0.27 third year.

So if a Kingbrite light works for 20 months and needs to be replaced after, it's still more cost effective than the HLG.

Also, keep in mind that the LED market has been evolving rapidly. Would I want to be running a 3 year old light when so much has changed in the last 18 months? Do I want to pay top dollar for something that might be essentially obsolete in 24 months?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On Kingbrites? I agree with Aqua about the heat sink, and if some of the diodes aren't top bin I wouldn't know how to tell. But I haven't seen the immediate failure/ 6 month failure/ warranty not honored with them.

To me, given similar enough operating costs, lights boil down to a relatively simple formula.

Gross cost/ watt: warranty years

A 240w Kingbrite will cost around $200 shipped, $0.83 per watt. The warranty is for one year, so the ratio of cost per watt to warranty year is $0.83:1.

A 260w HLG is around $350 shipped. That's $1.34/w. Their warranty info varies product to product on the site, so for the sake of argument we'll assume that it's the same 3-year one they offer with their new lights. Then the HLG comes in at $1.34:3, or $0.45:1.

So if the HLG lasts 3 years and the Kingbrite lasts 1 and I have to buy a new one, it's more cost effective to go with the HLG.

But! The cost per watt on the kingbrites improves over the second to $0.41 and, assuming it lasts that long, to $0.27 third year.

So if a Kingbrite light works for 20 months and needs to be replaced after, it's still more cost effective than the HLG.

Also, keep in mind that the LED market has been evolving rapidly. Would I want to be running a 3 year old light when so much has changed in the last 18 months? Do I want to pay top dollar for something that might be essentially obsolete in 24 months?
I can't see them going obsolete. I bought my hlg over 2 yrs ago and it's still right up there.

But I agree it's a cost vs gain. In terms of kingbright I thinks it's the best budget option available.

Top Bottom