Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

Super informative thread !
Will be changing to Led soon but still got 2 questions, forgive my ignorance:

1) do i need a driver for each single board ? Are u just grouping them in one of those multi plug cables ?
2) what about those w55 kits ? Any good? They seem to have a better coverage....

Cheers

They come with a driver. You can power a board individually or you can power multiple boards with one driver. As long as the voltage and wattage requirements are met, it doesnt matter.

But if you're going to buy a kingbrite, they come with a driver. 👍

The bar/fluence style fixtures do have a better light distribution, but it's up to you if that's worth more money. They are the same LEDs and drivers. Just spread out a bit more.

userx1

userx1

I was waiting for them to reply and I got my answer. I will order today. I'm between these two lights finally, 320w 3500k board or 320w 3500k bar. Any last second input?
320w board with 756pcs 301H leds+108 cree red leds vs 320w bar with 720pcs 301B leds+48 cree red leds. Both almost same price. Even though I like the form factor of the bars with the coverage, I think I'm gonna go with the board, more white and red leds with better spec. I know I'm overthinking it but everything sells at premium with ridiculous taxes and multiple times currency exchange rates in where I live.

288 320w LM301H board with cree reds

W55 320w LM301B bar with cree reds

BigCube

BigCube

I was waiting for them to reply and I got my answer. I will order today. I'm between these two lights finally, 320w 3500k board or 320w 3500k bar. Any last second input?
320w board with 756pcs 301H leds+108 cree red leds vs 320w bar with 720pcs 301B leds+48 cree red leds. Both almost same price. Even though I like the form factor of the bars with the coverage, I think I'm gonna go with the board, more white and red leds with better spec. I know I'm overthinking it but everything sells at premium with ridiculous taxes and multiple times currency exchange rates in where I live.

288 320w LM301H board with cree reds

W55 320w LM301B bar with cree reds

May want to price out 2 x 240w fixtures. It may be cheaper in the end.
Think to the future, when you may have other requirements. IE another tent, a different sized tent etc.

The 240w fixtures seem to be the best priced and they fit well in any application. Just a thought.

Also maybe think a bit about the red LEDs. Extra red light is only needed for a few weeks in flower. And they take wattage away from your much more efficient white lm301 LEDs.
You can always supplement when you need it. Enabling you to choose when you use red and letting you get the full wattage out of your fixture in the more efficient and needed white light.

Just a couple things to think about before you pull the trigger. There is no wrong answer, any kingbrite you get will blow you away. 👍

userx1

userx1

May want to price out 2 x 240w fixtures. It may be cheaper in the end.
Think to the future, when you may have other requirements. IE another tent, a different sized tent etc.

The 240w fixtures seem to be the best priced and they fit well in any application. Just a thought.

Also maybe think a bit about the red LEDs. Extra red light is only needed for a few weeks in flower. And they take wattage away from your much more efficient white lm301 LEDs.
You can always supplement when you need it. Enabling you to choose when you use red and letting you get the full wattage out of your fixture in the more efficient and needed white light.

Just a couple things to think about before you pull the trigger. There is no wrong answer, any kingbrite you get will blow you away. 👍
Thank you so much for your answer. I have a 2x4x6 tent, I think 320w will be more than enough, two 240's would be too much. I've looked into almost every option, this will be the cheapest option to hit 300w mark with the cree leds. If there was an option to get cheaper 301B with the 288 boards I would get that but only option with the cree is 301H leds, I'm not sure if there is that much difference with the B's. There are epistar versions much cheaper but everyone recommends the crees, again not sure if it justifies that much price difference but I'll go with it anyway. Also getting two units I would have to deal with more custom regulations and much more shipping cost, one unit is safer and less headache. I won't change or upgrade for a long while assuming it won't break (hopefully), for that reason I decided to go with 320w options instead of a 240w bar.

Don't you need 660nm reds all the way during flower? And I thought the more they are the more they would supplement the cooler 3500ks. I thought it's almost like a booster is integrated into the board. The 288 board has 108 cree leds and more white leds so more appealing. I decided to stay away from UV's after reading through all the discussion, it seems having more 660nms is more beneficial and the bars don't have switches to turn the UV off. The only advantage the bars have seems the coverage and I don't think it would make that much of a difference in my 2x4, what do you think? I have one TS 1000 right now, will be changing it with one of these 320ws.

userx1

userx1

BEFORE YOU BAY GO TO GEEKLIGHT MONSTER BOARD 320W I HAVE BAY MANY FROM KINGS BRITE GOOD LIGHT BUT GEEKLIGHT 100% BETTER BEST REGARDS HENNING
I signed up to this site to read all this discussion and I'm glad I did, great place, loving it. So like I said I've read all of it and you seem to like these Geeklights, like a lot, I mean very passionately :) Thanks for the info I'll check them out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

BEFORE YOU BAY GO TO GEEKLIGHT MONSTER BOARD 320W I HAVE BAY MANY FROM KINGS BRITE GOOD LIGHT BUT GEEKLIGHT 100% BETTER BEST REGARDS HENNING

Why is geeklight better? I read meiju has better heatsinks than kingbrite.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

my teknikker have control data and geeklight have best data and dont bay waterproff it is only plexiplastic som are shit for your light geeklight have same meiju heat sink up to 2cm i have never problem with heat and the price are 241$ 60$for shipping to usa call jane you can tell i have send you so maybe jane give a small discount

Thank you. :-)

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello, I have a 480w kingbrite 3500k cree lm301h with uv ir. There are switches to turn off uv and ir. In hindsight I would get separate controller for uv and one for ir.

Now it all stays on and is for flowering purposes.

Otherwise, good light. Not that I have Much experience of other lights except sf2000. Which is nice

userx1

userx1

Hello, I have a 480w kingbrite 3500k cree lm301h with uv ir. There are switches to turn off uv and ir. In hindsight I would get separate controller for uv and one for ir.

Now it all stays on and is for flowering purposes.

Otherwise, good light. Not that I have Much experience of other lights except sf2000. Which is nice
How do you think it compares to sf2000? I was considering sf2000 also but very expensive and only 200w, and not great coverage for 2x4 it seems. But it's very higly rated.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

The first difference is that sf2000 have elegant wire covers. The kingbrite does not. Sf2k have two colors plus ir. I am happy with it so far.

But if I knew about kingbrite back then, I guess I would have went with sloppy hanging connector wires and a good quality light for a lower price.
Sf is in 2x4. Works like a charm for vegging. Could be used for flowering too..

BigCube

BigCube

Thank you so much for your answer. I have a 2x4x6 tent, I think 320w will be more than enough, two 240's would be too much. I've looked into almost every option, this will be the cheapest option to hit 300w mark with the cree leds. If there was an option to get cheaper 301B with the 288 boards I would get that but only option with the cree is 301H leds, I'm not sure if there is that much difference with the B's. There are epistar versions much cheaper but everyone recommends the crees, again not sure if it justifies that much price difference but I'll go with it anyway. Also getting two units I would have to deal with more custom regulations and much more shipping cost, one unit is safer and less headache. I won't change or upgrade for a long while assuming it won't break (hopefully), for that reason I decided to go with 320w options instead of a 240w bar.

Don't you need 660nm reds all the way during flower? And I thought the more they are the more they would supplement the cooler 3500ks. I thought it's almost like a booster is integrated into the board. The 288 board has 108 cree leds and more white leds so more appealing. I decided to stay away from UV's after reading through all the discussion, it seems having more 660nms is more beneficial and the bars don't have switches to turn the UV off. The only advantage the bars have seems the coverage and I don't think it would make that much of a difference in my 2x4, what do you think? I have one TS 1000 right now, will be changing it with one of these 320ws.

No worries. 👍

Red isnt needed during the entire flower cycle. It's not needed for the first 2 or 3 weeks when the plant is going through its growth spurt before it packs on buds, and it's not needed for the last week or 2 of flower when the buds are no longer getting bigger.

It's really only a crucial 4 to 5 week period you benefit from additional red. About the same time you use pk boosters 👍

BigCube

BigCube

The first difference is that sf2000 have elegant wire covers. The kingbrite does not. Sf2k have two colors plus ir. I am happy with it so far.

But if I knew about kingbrite back then, I guess I would have went with sloppy hanging connector wires and a good quality light for a lower price.
Sf is in 2x4. Works like a charm for vegging. Could be used for flowering too..

Funny how you word things.

Elegant wire covers = Cheap plastic covers.

Sloppy hanging wires = exactly what the sf has under the plastic cover.

I mean, for the money you save you could buy a 3d printer and print plastic covers if that's what you want lol.

Kingbrite also come with ir and uv and red if you want them. You can choose your temperature and what LEDs you want. Some newer kingbrite fixtures even come with plastic covers over the wires.

There is no doubt SF is a bit nicer looking product. But I prefer the utility of standard quantum board setups. If I need to replace a panel. Its 30$. The sf would go in the trash. If I want to mount my driver somewhere not ontop of the fixture, I can easily without cutting in to wires or taking anything apart.

As far as I can tell the only benefit of a SF fixture is looks? But that's just me.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Funny how you word things.

Elegant wire covers = Cheap plastic covers.

Sloppy hanging wires = exactly what the sf has under the plastic cover.

I mean, for the money you save you could buy a 3d printer and print plastic covers if that's what you want lol.

Kingbrite also come with ir and uv and red if you want them. You can choose your temperature and what LEDs you want. Some newer kingbrite fixtures even come with plastic covers over the wires.

There is no doubt SF is a bit nicer looking product. But I prefer the utility of standard quantum board setups. If I need to replace a panel. Its 30$. The sf would go in the trash. If I want to mount my driver somewhere not ontop of the fixture, I can easily without cutting in to wires or taking anything apart.

As far as I can tell the only benefit of a SF fixture is looks? But that's just me.

Yes what I wanted to express was this with cheap plastic covers. Not that it matters so much. I got a bit too creative with my wording after those joints, bear with me

Edit: you are right. On the sf2000 the potentiometer is mounted while it is not mounted on the kingbrite. Meaning it hangs by the wire. The sf2k has 301b diodes in 3000k and 5000k. I am not too sure of what difference it will make in the end.

userx1

userx1

No worries. 👍

Red isnt needed during the entire flower cycle. It's not needed for the first 2 or 3 weeks when the plant is going through its growth spurt before it packs on buds, and it's not needed for the last week or 2 of flower when the buds are no longer getting bigger.

It's really only a crucial 4 to 5 week period you benefit from additional red. About the same time you use pk boosters 👍
You made me think now, thanks for the info. So is it not beneficial to have that many 108 cree leds? Let's say I got a only white, 288 board, if I get two of these booster strips -they seem to have 20 each- and hang them at the sides of the board making the total number of 40 reds, would it be a better setup? And the price is almost the same, with considerably less reds but more white 301B leds instead of H's. Or get two 660nm 730nm mixed strips with 10+10 each? Would it matter if the reds are on the center or on the sides of the board?

BigCube

BigCube

That's what I do. I run 2 x 240w 3000k kingbrites. I then supplement red and UV when they are needed. On the sides is fine, that's where mine go.

I use these:

And

BigCube

BigCube

That's what I do. I run 2 x 240w 3000k kingbrites. I then supplement red and UV when they are needed. On the sides is fine, that's where mine go.

I use these:

And

The benefit of using bulbs as supplemental rather than strips is, they are much much cheaper, they dont need drivers and they are easy to take in and out and replace should they need it. Also UV LEDs are pretty much useless, if you do a bit of research you'll find that uv LEDs are a joke. Florecent is the way to go for UV.

unnerstall

unnerstall

No worries. 👍

I have 16 x Kingbrite 240w 3500k In my flower room. This is my first run in it. I haven't switched the lights yet. I'm looking to supplement red lights between each 240w. Any ideas?

Top Bottom