Kushman707's 4x8 Tent Grow W/ Gg#4

• Thread starter KushMan707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KushMan707

KushMan707

Looking good Kushman. A couple of things that I've noticed in my own experience is that the water even with a tall boy filter was still way too dirty. As soon as I got an RO filter my problems went away, and they were looking a lot like some of the pics you had on page 2. A meter that tests ppm is crucial, not sure if you're just calculating the ppms by math on the feeding schedule or if you're actually testing the solution.

As for the last pic its possible that your lights are too close to the canopy, I know my ogs don't like the light too close. Good luck man
So you think that it's light burn/bleaching of the leaves? My ppm coming out of my tall boy right now is 70ppm which is pretty low. I do like r/o water but it takes so long to fill my res. I am using a meter by the way, no guessing with my ppms. Any tips on what I should do at this point?

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

I'm not positive, but it doesn't look like a nutrient deficiency to me. More like early signs of light bleaching. I would raise the lights maybe 4-6" if it was me. Your ppms for water sound ok actually and you're using a meter so you can cross that off. My water after the tall boy was close to 300 it was nuts. Sry not being a huge help.

KushMan707

KushMan707

I'm not positive, but it doesn't look like a nutrient deficiency to me. More like early signs of light bleaching. I would raise the lights maybe 4-6" if it was me. Your ppms for water sound ok actually and you're using a meter so you can cross that off. My water after the tall boy was close to 300 it was nuts. Sry not being a huge help.
Wow 300 ppms after a tall boy! That's a definite need for an r/o unit. Unfortunately I don't have any room left to raise my lights. Last time I ran this setup my ogs didn't show bleaching until they were apx 4-6 in from the light. Maybe I should just pinch all the taller tops over. I don't know why but I keep thinking this is burn but my ppm are pretty low. I guess it could be a salt buildup in my medium but I water and flush pretty thoroughly every week.

KushMan707

KushMan707

Just curious if anyone can answer. If I'm feeding my girls at the beginning of the week and they don't use all the nutes will i get a salt buildup in my coco? I always water with plain water at the end of the week with a decent runoff. This should clear out any excess salts right? Also when I'm feeding my solution full strength at the beginning of the week I alow for a pretty decent runoff from that. Would that runoff help clear out any excess salts as well? I feed consistently every week and I want to make sure I'm not just building up a ton of salts in my coco.

KarmaKingz

KarmaKingz

Just curious if anyone can answer. If I'm feeding my girls at the beginning of the week and they don't use all the nutes will i get a salt buildup in my coco? I always water with plain water at the end of the week with a decent runoff. This should clear out any excess salts right? Also when I'm feeding my solution full strength at the beginning of the week I alow for a pretty decent runoff from that. Would that runoff help clear out any excess salts as well? I feed consistently every week and I want to make sure I'm not just building up a ton of salts in my coco.

I use drip clean, or whenever I'm out I use heavy 16 finish. Similar product's , no salt build up ever. I use every feeding very low dosage up until mid bloom(Then I ramp up, cuz I feed heavier). Long as you get a runoff in coco with dtw, you should be good . Here's a plant I'm flushing now coco is the bidness.
Cheers
IMG 0949

KushMan707

KushMan707

I use drip clean, or whenever I'm out I use heavy 16 finish. Similar product's , no salt build up ever. I use every feeding very low dosage up until mid bloom(Then I ramp up, cuz I feed heavier). Long as you get a runoff in coco with dtw, you should be good . Here's a plant I'm flushing now coco is the bidness.
CheersView attachment 477417
Thanks for the tip and nice pic btw. What strain is that? So your saying reguarless if you use a flushing agent such as drip clean if you water dtw in coco you will rinse the media?

KarmaKingz

KarmaKingz

Thanks for the tip and nice pic btw. What strain is that? So your saying reguarless if you use a flushing agent such as drip clean if you water dtw in coco you will rinse the media?

Not necessarily Kush, all depends on how heavy you feed, and What your feeding. Me personally I feed different than most. Send me a pm we can rap a taste on my flow. And that strain is sour master Kush, from a dear friend @caveman4.20 . Coco you always wanna get a good push of oxygen thru to get them roots working. I never use straight water in my coco, only at flush. It's many ways to adapt to coco and the farm has some great growers slaying it in coco.
Cheers

KushMan707

KushMan707

Not necessarily Kush, all depends on how heavy you feed, and What your feeding. Me personally I feed different than most. Send me a pm we can rap a taste on my flow. And that strain is sour master Kush, from a dear friend @caveman4.20 . Coco you always wanna get a good push of oxygen thru to get them roots working. I never use straight water in my coco, only at flush. It's many ways to adapt to coco and the farm has some great growers slaying it in coco.
Cheers
Can't pm you or see your account info bro

KushMan707

KushMan707

Don't stress out GG4 too much. Known to hermie from what I've heard. I noticed that same thing with my GG4 on her last run.
I definitely noticed they start looking funny when under stress. how many weeks did you take your GG4?

TooDope1904

TooDope1904

She made it to week 5 and I tossed her out. She didn't look healthy. 1-2 started to herm. :oops:

TooDope1904

TooDope1904

Seems like in your pictures, they're stressed and lack in nitrogen maybe? I had a multiple strain grow and couldn't dial her in.

KushMan707

KushMan707

well I fed them with 850ppm yesterday but really cut back on my additives. I also watered them with plain water for 2 days prior so they should be pretty flushed. I guess we'll see how they react in a couple of days.

Top Bottom