L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Because I've seen data from hps I've heard people's experiences, I know what both lights do. I have everything perfect in my tent right now. I don't see why I would want anything different.
When you say hps make 6" internodes you mean like this? Seriously you don't know what you don't know. LEDs make great buds with less power. But they don't make better buds. I know because I use both.

IMG 20210223 173637309
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
When you say hps make 6" internodes you mean like this? Seriously you don't know what you don't know. LEDs make great buds with less power. But they don't make better buds. I know because I use both.
Do you think they grow worse buds?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Actually a cool idea would be if the exhaust ducting was split into 2, have a fan on each new duct and connect both of the fans to a thermostat so when the tent is too cold, it runs the fan that goes back into the tent and when it's too hot, it runs the fan going out out of the tent. This would probably be the most expensive option but will be the best for saving electricity. You wouldn't have to buy a heater nor an LED but you'd have to get an extra fan plus all the ducting and one of those special thermostats that have a cooling outlet and a heating one.
Venting is the key. And only way HPS/LED or otherwise.

I vent out of the tent into the lung room, set the lung room fan to vent outside to keep heat stable. Temps didn’t change more than a couple degrees over the cold snap this winter.
Did the same when I ran hps, just the lung room fan had to run more often.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
So why are you guys trying to persuade me away from my LED. It works fine.
They both serve a purpose. Different types of grows are more suited to Hps.
your bomb box grow for example. Good luck stuffing an hps in there.
for the hobby growers, given current led tech, I would advise LED.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
My buds aren’t as large on LED as they were with HPS. That I will admit. But they are more frosty, and, overall g/w is higher since i switched as buds seem to stack better.
my electric bills are cheaper. 20-30%. That’s the big one for me.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So why are you guys trying to persuade me away from my LED. It works fine.

no one is trying to get you to do anything but stop making definitive statements about something you Havent used before. And only recently could an led lamp beat a double ended hps and it takes over 70% of its power to do and many growers still prefer the hps flowers for their low leaf to calyx ratio. Its just not black and white like some that invest in led like to say. Best grower i know just took advantage of $250 gavita de units for his rooms. He wouldnt recover the difference in expensive led’s for a decade at that price. Even with 30% more air conditioning.

see yet?

Harvard

Harvard

My led buds are way denser than my hps buds, and no bottom larf buds like I got with hps. For some reason my friends also pick the led buds over the hps buds. Climate controlled with co2 running perfectly environment also.

purple chem from a seed, nice big, dense buds, picked couple weeks ago. Nice but not a keeper strain for me.
6B87C94F 83BE 44BF 88FE C31AD8789CE2

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I'm not. I just think you should try it before you conclude you don't like
If I told you I never drove a chevy, but I like the way ford trucks drive better than chevy. That would sound kinda dumb thing to say.
All true. My neighbours all have fords. Like real Ford truck guys. (Hps=Ford. Strong @ cheap.)
I drive tundra because, it’s proven to last and retain value never let me down.
toyata=led. Never quits. Little weaker, but fuckin thing will pull an airplane)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I purchased my lights based on drivers and diodes. Not the brand so much.
the high end led lights are like the new Tesla cyber truck. Better. 😂

kia has name brand headlights and electronics too. :-)

And some good marketing has Hyundai competing with toyota. So maybe sf is like hyundai.

of course with their new off brand diodes they are switching to they are merely a yugo. :-(

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hahaha. Neither of those companies make trucks boys.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My led buds are way denser than my hps buds, and no bottom larf buds like I got with hps. For some reason my friends also pick the led buds over the hps buds. Climate controlled with co2 running perfectly environment also.

purple chem from a seed, nice big, dense buds, picked couple weeks ago. Nice but not a keeper strain for me.
View attachment 1095943

got to work the lights whatever they are.

7D897584 B412 4B58 9B3A 52843AF38A79
7F5C1002 4024 4351 91FF E9C644442AED

Top Bottom