L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
thanks ... It's you're and I think I'll just call it a day and go to some other spot .. have a good one
You should have ended with a period after spot, and capitalized the H in have.

Miiikke

Miiikke

Sorry but ??? Does that work?? What kind of flavor and growth are you getting im curious
My friend what we see is visible light TOTALLY different than what the plant sees myself i clone and veg under a Core next light with a Gavita uvr strip in the center works well and as for bloom i use 2 750 Gavita DEwith a Gavita plasma LEP Google those or the LEC lights those are a full spectrum light and also something else to consider is the micro moles of the lights you use I've learned QUALITY of light with GOOD FULL spectrum and canopy PENETRATION is better than a LARGE amount of low QUALITY light just trying to help
wow ok thanks🤦🏻‍♂️ I thought leds “grow lights” were suppose to have color. But plants dont see color? Then why do they make those lol. The thing is that yes, my first harvest was smaller from things Iearned. I added lights as I went, didnt really train, didnt use much nutes but the bud came out great and potent. I didnt cure cause I just wanted to smoke it lol, but flavor and harahness wasnt bad, it was actually a really good smoke! So I guess for me to understand. Blurple leds even if calculating true watts are low quality compared to “white” or full spectrum leds? Or are you guys referring to LEDs in general are low quality and out dated? I pay about 75 for every 4x 80 true watt bulbs.

Miiikke

Miiikke

How about this led setup?
What say u fellow dummies.
Help me out bro, so blurple is what they use to make? The mostly white like you have is better enough for me to throw out my 300 dollars worth of 960 true watts worth of blurple?🤦🏻‍♂️ My first harvest did come out really well, very frosty, smaller buds but I didnt train and I just used organic alaska nutes. Im gonna do nutes properly this time but the lights? Will blurple just never get me big buds? Even with a dee hundred true watts per sq. ft and close distance with perfect environment?

SSgrower

SSgrower

Ok Mikee, research LED's and you will find advancement in tech in understanding what these lights need to do. Yes blue is needed in veg stage, Red,white & blue for flowering stage. 1 use for that "Burple" is side lighting for your plant. Hang it sideways beside your plant. This thread is for people to rant & carry on about their Peeves & laugh together. I have a 450w Viparspectra 2 cycle led which I will "Daisy chain to a twin for 900w total. Par I don't know, I understand I can download an App to measure for cheap or Free. R&D is your friend, enjoy the learning, it's not Algebra. Lol.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

wow ok thanks🤦🏻‍♂️ I thought leds “grow lights” were suppose to have color. But plants dont see color? Then why do they make those lol. The thing is that yes, my first harvest was smaller from things Iearned. I added lights as I went, didnt really train, didnt use much nutes but the bud came out great and potent. I didnt cure cause I just wanted to smoke it lol, but flavor and harahness wasnt bad, it was actually a really good smoke! So I guess for me to understand. Blurple leds even if calculating true watts are low quality compared to “white” or full spectrum leds? Or are you guys referring to LEDs in general are low quality and out dated? I pay about 75 for every 4x 80 true watt bulbs.
i thinks you misunderstood what im saying about plants seeing colors ,micro moles, par and spectrum is what your looking for in a light + uv, for me the info i get is from studies done by some of the agricultural and horticultural college's not from the ppl trying to sell me something or a bunch of my friends sitting around burning 1 talking crap lol if you catch my drift

Miiikke

Miiikke

i thinks you misunderstood what im saying about plants seeing colors ,micro moles, par and spectrum is what your looking for in a light + uv, for me the info i get is from studies done by some of the agricultural and horticultural college's not from the ppl trying to sell me something or a bunch of my friends sitting around burning 1 talking crap lol if you catch my drift
Ok gotcha, so the relative par I get from the blue, red, and green, isnt that calculated to make the light more nutritious for the plant? I mean its bright it has par, lux, high watt pull from wall. Is it necessarily bad that the red blue and green makes it look a purple tent or are people just referring to “shitty blurple” as an outdated system that could be better? Because yes the “blurples” did work but I am looking for a bigger yeild this time and hope Im not limiting myself to bad lights I have 560 true watts about a ft or less from 17”x 17” screen and will continue to add more as I grow out, is this sufficient LED or does blurple not count when considering true led watts?

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Ok gotcha, so the relative par I get from the blue, red, and green, isnt that calculated to make the light more nutritious for the plant? I mean its bright it has par, lux, high watt pull from wall. Is it necessarily bad that the red blue and green makes it look a purple tent or are people just referring to “shitty blurple” as an outdated system that could be better? Because yes the “blurples” did work but I am looking for a bigger yeild this time and hope Im not limiting myself to bad lights I have 560 true watts about a ft or less from 17”x 17” screen and will continue to add more as I grow out, is this sufficient LED or does blurple not count when considering true led watts?
That im not to familiar with Check out the Gavita LED line or NextLights do your research there are alot of products out there with alot of BIG claims im here on the LED for dummies because i want to see what the hype is about the LEDS other than cheap light bill no bulbs to replace and the heat Although i like the idea of a smaller carbon footprint its the other drawbacks i dont like ,Ive always flowered under sodiums and then added the plasma for uv but the initial cost of LEDS is CRAZY for good ones to find out small yeilds or lack of oils or whatever but I like the LED for veg so im not criticizing the LEDS im just not to familiar with them as much as i am with the hids in veg i use a NextLight core with a Gavita uvr strip for uva uvb which i believe is the blurpurple but dont quote me

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter

This is the way I compare it. Remember the projection TV sets? They worked fine. And you had “good, better, best” in the projection category. Similar to how some blurple lights are better than other blurple lights.

Now you have LED tv’s. More efficient and better overall experience. Same thing here you have “good, better, best” in QB boards just like led tv’s.

it’s just advancements in technology.

Miiikke

Miiikke

This is the way I compare it. Remember the projection TV sets? They worked fine. And you had “good, better, best” in the projection category. Similar to how some blurple lights are better than other blurple lights.

Now you have LED tv’s. More efficient and better overall experience. Same thing here you have “good, better, best” in QB boards just like led tv’s.

Ok so if you are comparing the LCD in the projection tv where the light is tremendously further away from the observing surface to the the quality of a new LED tv to a true watt of a “blurple” LED light to a not so purple LED then I dont follow Im afraid lol, but I have added in 1 cfl in flower and it made the whole lights appear white and it worked great. You have to sacrifice distance with the other bulbs because cfls are way hotter than leds, along with the other more expensive lights that all have to be fuether away, good for mass production and maybe cheaper at a much higher level properly used, but for indoor “home grow” I like LED bulbs that I can add as many watts as I want and I hang them level in a pattern to mach my scrog screen, the bulbs I have are made with small metal heat vent channels around them and I pay 75 for 4x 80 true watt led bulbs and the all face straight down. The question is does the blurple color throw off the exact effectiveness of the true watt LED just because it is a different color that was chosen to be beneficial fo the par intake? Im also talking one plant setups

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Old school pipe. New Age Dab. I've seen it all now. My 2nd 450w Viparspectra reflector series is on it's way so it's time to pinch or F.I.M. and 1 week to up potting into 3 gal material bags. Daisy chain the 2 Vipar lights and sit back and watch them grow. Today is day 22 for seedlings. flu relief helps.

20210309 143807
Top Bottom