What would you like to know?
Personally I’d like an entry into my cannabible that looks kinda like this:

LEd lights
- ideal leaf temp - 78f
- possible ideal rh- 20-50%
- light distance - 20-24”
- possible related deficiencies from lights -
- ideal brightness levels during each phase

etc. Something to quickly glance at like the cannabis leaf color common issue chart. But in the form on an excel spreadsheet

edit : new growers reading this don’t take these numbers as accurate. I just threw these numbers as an example. Not sure how correct they are.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Yes the works need that update! Just pulled the trigger on 3x 240w leds for 4x4. Hoping it will be good

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

What is the argument about anyway? Is it because some people don’t believe LEDs are good to use at all?

I was using the blurple LEDs for a few years, since I really was kind of a dummy. I upgraded to a SF2000 a few months ago and it’s a huge improvement.

I did read that CMH lights have a better spectrum - are they more expensive to run? It really is hard to learn because more than half the stuff online is obviously advertising.

TopShelfTrees

TopShelfTrees

HPS gets bloody hot. For example not long ago i accidentally unplugged my exhaust fan and killed my plants overnight, temps hit over 50 celcius.
You NEED to have adequate ventilation or AC to beat the heat from them.
Did the exact same shit a while back, breaker blew on the exhaust fan (wife’s hair straightener and other hair shit) went in just before lights out, when I opened that door it felt like my skin was burning on my face. My plants were DONE! Toasty dry, finished. In like 4-6 hours it got so hot it cooked everything! That was the end for me for appx 5 years walked away salty and destroyed. Gave away my mother’s thought I was done. Could only stay away so long though as I’m back and more determined than ever. However I have switched to ALL new tech so I have a crazy learning curve to over come.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Man that sucks! Faulty electrics have their share in fuckups. I accidentally tipped a breaker on the timer and had a very long night in the veg tent. It went well after all

growsince79

growsince79

A million spiderfarmers here and not one will answer any questions about the light. How hot does the driver on the sf1000 get? They always say they'll check and get back to me. Still waiting

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
A million spiderfarmers here and not one will answer any questions about the light. How hot does the driver on the sf1000 get? They always say they'll check and get back to me. Still waiting
It does not create any substantial heat.
This is from my experience.
I’m having to supplement heating pad to keep temps up
C513E436 1779 4E8A 96E1 5BA5DE739826

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Appreciate it. You are the fifth guy that said they would check. I'm still waiting.
Hahaha. You wanna know for productive personal reasons? Or looking for ammo to continue the bash.
I posted on the other thread.👊

growsince79

growsince79

Hahaha. You wanna know for productive personal reasons? Or looking for ammo to continue the bash.
I posted on the other thread.👊
I was thinking about buying one now that walmart offers a real warrenty, but I can't seem to get any "independent reviewers" or the company to answer even simple questions.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
The meanwell drivers run as hot as they do on any other lamp. Maybe a little hotter with heat sink design.
the sink is a little thin on my original SF lights, and does get too hot IMO, without a fan. Not that it wouldn’t work without, but I’m sure efficiency is decreased, as well as longevity without a fan. not sure if they have upgraded the heat sink thickness?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I was thinking about buying one now that walmart offers a real warrenty, but I can't seem to get any "independent reviewers" or the company to answer even simple questions.
Get an xs1500. Same price with an extra 50w and a heat sink.

3 year warranty.

top040

top040

Lot's of great info goes down here, LED's are still evolving, HPS & other lights have been around longer. I enjoy R&D so, I have LED's. Never used HPS or other types. I'll hide an watch.
I do custom lighting and I also use a lot of led, I use them in my grow with great success, I still need to learn more about things but am learning fast and each time I start a new grow my buds seem to get better. Here are some piccs of my system.

20210307 183909
20210307 184056
422src

422src

On the left Lemon Haze Auto about 2 weeks flowering, 3 back right 303OG 5 weeks from seed, little one is mystery! All on 18-6 using SF1000 & SF2000 LED at 100%. I remotely placed the ballasts & controls from the lights by extending the cables to minimize the heat.
IMG 6713

Last edited:
Top Bottom