L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Habosabin

Habosabin

I bought this brand. The 150w is $99 on Amazon. They work well for me.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

For veg 6000 will work. For flower 3000k or 3500k+red and deep red. The reds are measured in nm not k. Very confusing. 630nm is red - 6300k is cool white.
And thats why we are increasing the percentage through the plants growth? Right now i have mine at 90%

growsince79

growsince79

This looks like a good light.

ATREUM HYDRA-1000 100W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum - Samsung LM301B LED Diodes, Meanwell XLG Driver, Daisy Chain Dimmable Grow Lamp for Indoor Plants Veg Flower Hydroponic Greenhouse 2x2ft Coverage​

Brand: ATREUM

4.7 out of 5 stars 82 ratings

| 32 answered questions

Price:
$149.99 & FREE Returns

Get $100 off instantly: Pay $49.99 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card. No annual fee.

Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

Power Source AC
MaterialAluminum
StyleModern
Special FeatureCorded
BrandATREUM

About this item​

• HIGH EFFICIENCY LOW OPERATING COSTS: Atreum Lighting uses the latest LEDs for high efficiency output of 2.7umol/J, delivering powerful light output for maximum higher yields compared to HPS, Blurples or other cheap LED lights. VEG: 3x3ft, FLOWERING: 2x2ft
  • UNIFORM CANOPY PENETRATION: The HYDRA-1000 is the only light to feature LEDs algorithmically spaced to produce the most uniform PAR map in the industry. This means your canopy will grow more evenly than similar LED boards on the market.
  • FULL SPECTRUM, FULL LIFECYCLE: Our grow light can be used for all stages of a plants growth cycle from seedling through flowering. The dimmable light with an actual wattage draw display is the only one of its kind that ensures you know exactly how much energy you're drawing.
  • REMOTELY MOUNTED CONTROLLER: The driver and controller can be set up off the light, and outside the tent to reduce heat and so as you raise and lower the grow light, you can consistently reach for the same place to adjust the light whether in or outside a grow tent.
  • UNBOX, PLUG & PLAY: The HYDRA 1000 comes ready to use out of the box, no wiring or set up needed. It also comes backed by an unbeatable guarantee. We're a US company and so we stand by our design. Got a question? Just send us a message on Amazon and we'll respond within 24hrs. We pride ourselves on talking directly to customers

ATREUM HYDRA-1000 100W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum - Samsung LM301B LED Diodes, Meanwell XLG Driver, Daisy Chain Dimmable Grow Lamp for Indoor Plants Veg Flower Hydroponic Greenhouse 2x2ft Coverage​

Brand: ATREUM

4.7 out of 5 stars 82 ratings

| 32 answered questions

Price:
$149.99 & FREE Returns

Get $100 off instantly: Pay $49.99 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card. No annual fee.

Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

Power Source AC
MaterialAluminum
StyleModern
Special FeatureCorded
BrandATREUM

About this item​

• HIGH EFFICIENCY LOW OPERATING COSTS: Atreum Lighting uses the latest LEDs for high efficiency output of 2.7umol/J, delivering powerful light output for maximum higher yields compared to HPS, Blurples or other cheap LED lights. VEG: 3x3ft, FLOWERING: 2x2ft
  • UNIFORM CANOPY PENETRATION: The HYDRA-1000 is the only light to feature LEDs algorithmically spaced to produce the most uniform PAR map in the industry. This means your canopy will grow more evenly than similar LED boards on the market.
  • FULL SPECTRUM, FULL LIFECYCLE: Our grow light can be used for all stages of a plants growth cycle from seedling through flowering. The dimmable light with an actual wattage draw display is the only one of its kind that ensures you know exactly how much energy you're drawing.
  • REMOTELY MOUNTED CONTROLLER: The driver and controller can be set up off the light, and outside the tent to reduce heat and so as you raise and lower the grow light, you can consistently reach for the same place to adjust the light whether in or outside a grow tent.
  • UNBOX, PLUG & PLAY: The HYDRA 1000 comes ready to use out of the box, no wiring or set up needed. It also comes backed by an unbeatable guarantee. We're a US company and so we stand by our design. Got a question? Just send us a message on Amazon and we'll respond within 24hrs. We pride ourselves on talking directly to customers

EugeneDebs420

EugeneDebs420

I’m running a mars fce 4800 in my flower tent, solid light does; about the same as the 1000w hid (single ended, open hood) I was using before, can’t compare yield really as my last hid run was 14 plants 1 gal pots sog and this run is 3 plants manifolded in 3gals. Big fat buds either way just a lower electric bill with the led thanks to it being lower wattage and not putting off nearly as much heat as the hids which made the ac work harder. Still running mh in my veg tent though because it’s winter and that keeps the whole breath room warm. Don’t mind the shitty canopy management in my flower tent, I’m an absolute mess of a person.

D4AE9097 863D 4E67 BD89 887A2BA8671D
EFB52152 3233 4F9C B301 B85672366E19
16A1BEE2 F9FD 46C6 807C 966B1DB3E030
Kevuk

Kevuk

I usually buy the best I can. Be it a car, tv etc.

When I bought a LED I went cheap as I thought I’d go back to HPS. I was sure all the sponsored YouTube vids were BS, I was wrong.

I was so impressed by my cheap kingbright led I started looking at the HLG scorpion Diablo.

I then read that it will burn plants unless i run co2 which I have no intention of doing. Seems a waste to run it on a lower setting.

PhotonicsNerd79

PhotonicsNerd79

I usually buy the best I can. Be it a car, tv etc.

When I bought a LED I went cheap as I thought I’d go back to HPS. I was sure all the sponsored YouTube vids were BS, I was wrong.

I was so impressed by my cheap kingbright led I started looking at the HLG scorpion Diablo.

I then read that it will burn plants unless i run co2 which I have no intention of doing. Seems a waste to run it on a lower setting.
Atreum Hydra owner with 3 yields already. At full wattage (mine won't go higher than 97W btw), you have to set your light up at 24"-30" above canopy otherwise you'll burn it in no time. By "no time" I mean less than a day and you'll start seeing yellowing brown dried out leaves. The other solution is to run the Hydra in the 55% - 75% range; although I complemented with bloom enhancement spectrum (purple ultra violet) horticultural led stripes and the result is astonishing inside my Mars Hydro 2'x2'x4'8" 1680D Oxford Professional Grow Tent. Haven't tried CO2 yet.

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

The thing is, these cheapo Amazon LED's use far less diodes PER watt. This means each diode is being driven much harder to achieve the PPF it creates. If it performs similarly with PPF, it will be DRIVEN much harder. Diodes will be stressed and won't last as long.

Consider the PPF, amount of diodes per WATT, length of warranty and how good is its lightspread?

My HLG quantum boards use the Samsung LM301H........but its a PITA to dim, and its spread is INFERIOR to a Mars Hydro FC series bar style light. I think the bar style lights, with MANY Samsung diodes being driven with superior effifacy is the way to go. Same diodes LM301B or LM 301H.

I bought one cheapo growlight, my very first. A crappy 315 watt CMH from Home Depot. A Phillips 3100K bulb died in the middle of my first grow. Replaced that bulb $90 , finished the grow and NEVER used cmh again. I'd NEVER buy LED's off Amazon, lol.

Last edited:
detroitjoe

detroitjoe

L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)​

hmmm....

If 2 or more "dummys" get into it, then what would you call the person whos watching?

this thread has 63 pages . so, if i do the math........ =wow!

alot of fucking dummies!

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I just purchased 2 Atreum Hydras. I have one of them in my 2 x 2 veg tent. The other one, I added to my 3 x 3 flower tent along with the Spider Farmer SF 2000.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
There's definitely a learning curve LEDs but once you get them dialed in, they great. One of their strengths turned out to be a weakness for me. They run so cool, i'd struggle to keep my temperatures up in the winter and would have to run a heater. I'd lose any benefit of their efficiency. Now i run my 600w HPS in my flower tent in the winter and LEDs in the spring/fall and take the summer off from growing. Veg is LEDs and T5's year round.

I'll eventually replace my homemade Cree COB fixture with one of the LED bar style lights. They seem to be really nice!

chemistry

chemistry

Well, I can't believe that's all there is to say on LED's, I was led to think it was an endless subject. 🙂

IhatePM

IhatePM

Get a solid 3 runs before numbers dip on these China boards , $300 ea I think . Going growers choice next swap. The fact that you can't run the cheap board or strips on a controller is enough for me to drop 800 a fixture. The 5 year warranty is only a bonus.

20220209 152702
Blastfact

Blastfact

I didn't realize brickweed stayed around that long. In 80 the Columbian gold was $40 an ounce and around that same time this new weed without seeds called sensimilla showed on the scene(in Nebraska) for $40 a quarter. I moved to California in 81 and haven't seen seeded weed since.
My last Columbian Gold grow with my last real seed from 1975. I miss the historical weed from days of old. Really not a fan of all this new fangled weed. I can't describe my hate for it without being banned.
IMG 3470

Latest posts

Top Bottom