L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The hoods/ covers for the lights have the abiltiy to pump air out, right? So an inline fan from the light, exhausting directly under the tent. It doesn't effect the ventilation system for the grow space at all.
And then have an open duct at the top for the air to escape? Like passive exhaust because of the pressure? I don't think that would work very well without a second fan.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
LEDS are trash.
Please get out of here. You're clearly trying to start a useless argument. We're trying to actually discuss stuff here. If you have actual opinions and reasoning then be my guest and share but this is useless.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In smaller tents, I think it would be fine since they only need the fan running a quarter of the time. Having the exhaust run back into the tent would be the same as having no exhaust at all.

my fans need to run all the time. Ventilated Rooms and tents need negative pressure to contain smell and continually replenish fresh air.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

And then have an open duct at the top for the air to escape? Like passive exhaust because of the pressure? I don't think that would work very well without a second fan.

No, in addition to whatever ventilation/intake system the grow space has anyway. A separate system altogether.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Please get out of here. You're clearly trying to start a useless argument. We're trying to actually discuss stuff here. If you have actual opinions and reasoning then be my guest and share but this is useless.

lol. This is the led argument thread. And the whole led grow light industry is a big overpriced scam. Its gotten even worse than how they gouge aquarium hobbyists.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
lol. This is the led argument thread. And the whole led grow light industry is a big overpriced scam. Its gotten even worse than how they gouge aquarium hobbyists.
The products are there and educated people buy them. There's nothing wrong with the hardware themselves and they give more flexibility and controllability in parameters like temperature, spectrum, coverage... They are expensive but I'd argue they are worth it.

And exactly, it's an LED arguments thread. Not a "blurt out random statements" thread.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The products are there and educated people buy them. There's nothing wrong with the hardware themselves and they give more flexibility and controllability in parameters like temperature, spectrum, coverage... They are expensive but I'd argue they are worth it.

And exactly, it's an LED arguments thread. Not a "blurt out random statements" thread.

Dude, LED sucks. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And @gorillaglueaaron the answer will always be need the right tool for the job. Hid will be much more useful in my basement than cold electronic diodes.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
And @gorillaglueaaron the answer will always be need the right tool for the job. Hid will be much more useful in my basement than cold electronic diodes.
Well I think LEDs would be much better in my situation. I see why you'd rather other types of lighting but I wouldn't.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I think LEDs would be much better in my situation. I see why you'd rather other types of lighting but I wouldn't.

you still are arguing for no reason. I want bar led’s upstairs in my current flower room in summer it gets very hot in there. I may supplement with an hid for heat in mid winter.

See right tool for the job. No answer to any of the questions posted on these forums is usually either/ or. Every room is different and there are many variables and moving parts. Its not black and white see?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
We're arguing the same thing. As I said, I can see why you wouldn't use LEDs but I am using LEDs and they work well for me. In my tent, I don't think HPS would work as well as the LEDs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We're arguing the same thing. As I said, I can see why you wouldn't use LEDs but I am using LEDs and they work well for me. In my tent, I don't think HPS would work as well as the LEDs.

It would if you set up for it. I have none of the heat problems you keep speaking of with 600 watt hps in a 4x4 tent. I did it for a couple of years in a small bedroom in a hot trailer home. Just shared the house central ac and ventilated with a 6” fan out the window. Of course quantum boards had not come out yet. Led was blurple.

Keymaker

Keymaker

I don’t know what all the fuss is about, guess what I used hps and led and cmh. All my tents are are only a few degrees then my basement is regardless of lighting used. Because I prefer high air exchange. 400-500 watts does not make an extreme difference in my tents. The only difference your really gonna notice is if your in a sealed room or not and then it’s just a matter of more ac and not heat. Just my two cents.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It would if you set up for it. I have none of the heat problems you keep speaking of with 600 watt hps in a 4x4 tent. I did it for a couple of years in a small bedroom in a hot trailer home. Just shared the house central ac and ventilated with a 6” fan out the window. Of course quantum boards had not come out yet. Led was blurple.
I personally couldn't have a better light for my tent. It put's off an almost perfect coverage. I like the amount of heat it produces, the spectrum, the electricity usage and I have plenty of light. Of course it's expensive but I don't mind. I know the benefits of both but I prefer LEDs. I don't want 6 inch internodes. I want 1.5-2 inch internodes. It's really just about preference as you said.

growsince79

growsince79

I personally couldn't have a better light for my tent. It put's off an almost perfect coverage. I like the amount of heat it produces, the spectrum, the electricity usage and I have plenty of light. Of course it's expensive but I don't mind. I know the benefits of both but I prefer LEDs. I don't want 6 inch internodes. I want 1.5-2 inch internodes. It's really just about preference as you said.
Have you ever used mh or hps?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Then how can you prefer led?
Because I've seen data from hps I've heard people's experiences, I know what both lights do. I have everything perfect in my tent right now. I don't see why I would want anything different.

Top Bottom