Landrace/Original Cultivar Strains...any of 'em still around???

• Thread starter jfizzle2cmu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

1 yes they are all still around..in there place of origin. And anumber of vendors as well.

2 I think you could recreate most of the flavors and highs from long worked varieties. Time, luck and numbers is what it would take.

I have a few, not enough, the effects in some, are mellow. While others are devestating and could hold their own in todays heavily worked varieties. I will in the near future obtain most of the available sat. From as many different vendors as possible. Then the work begins in making f generations while selecting for superior individuals. That will not be in the near future

Great luck to you bud.

Peace
Yeah I still would like to delve into it in the future, but I can see now it'll take years and years of mastering growing and breeding before one could possibly expect to make any real progress w such a project. I need lots more experience though before I can even think of attempting anything of the sort. But the right breeder with enough motivation I think could really recreate a line of historical strains that could potentially be superior in stability. Not overnight and maybe not even in a lifetime, but I do think it could be done.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

I actually have a maui wowi that is supposedly from a reputable grower in Hawaii. I got it from seed form. its actually a nice looking lady. Ill go grab a pic of it before sun down here
I like that. That looks like a solid plant for sure! What's the smoke like on er? She hold up tI modern strains?

bevin

bevin

sorry that first pic there is romulan. I got the cut from a good buddy said it may be from asia or something. I cant remember what he said I was just happy to get my hands on it. i have alot of her babys going indoors right now.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

sorry that first pic there is romulan. I got the cut from a good buddy said it may be from asia or something. I cant remember what he said I was just happy to get my hands on it. i have alot of her babys going indoors right now.
Ah, so the last two r maui and the first is romulan?

homebrew420

homebrew420

Romulan=korean. Got that one :-) the maui lokms vey similar to mine. There was a cut floating around CO.

Jfizzle not sure about years of work, likely yes, luck is an enormous part of it when using smaller #s. I will be picking up and growing a ton of Malawi seed here on Sat. Got a couple panama fems as well, currently flowering in their 4th week. Pict in my thread.
Peace

bevin

bevin

I had it sitting around for a couple years, really supprised she popped

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

my maui came from seed.
Does the real deal Maui Wowi have a pheno with various colored hairs on same plant ex: some buds red hair some buds purple hair some buds pink hair Same plant!

homebrew420

homebrew420

Not on the CO cut. Huge yields tropical sweet smell with kind of a diesel backround. Moderate flower stretch for what looks thin leaved sativa. Squat growth in veg.

reeldrag

reeldrag

I got ahold of some pure Hindu kush landrace seeds all were good but there was one that could stand with anything it was a gorilla grow so no cuts were taken but way to bad it was awesome it was awesome so they r out there

CannaTech

CannaTech

Reeldrag, Speaking of landracers, Happen to have any blood seeds? I stayed maui long time, now on main land. would like to get some to grow out under some HID's

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Yes it is, but i'm more of the guy thats hear to post what i know not prove whats been done; if yah want proof research it yourself and you'll find the answers, and i haven't done it with a rock but a metal stake, many advanced veganic growers use this method to increase yield and potency slightly, there are forum already on this topic on several cannabis boards, try it out sometime, you won't be disappointed.......take it easy

Top Bottom