Larry og hydro grow

• Thread starter sincethe80s
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sincethe80s

sincethe80s

in the beginning i was set on installing a co2 burner and a minisplit i even got the gas line ready if im bored, but after weighing out the cost. i set this up for cheaper. this is still under construction. here are the specs so far:

4x8 sunhut
6" canfan lite
x2 blazer hoods 6"
x2 1000w galaxy digi
x2 4x4 trays
x2 40g sump

still trying to work out some heat issues. anyone have any experience wit this setup? and any ideas on mounting oscillating fans?

DSCN1547
sincethe80s

sincethe80s

i was thinkin bout using blockbuster 6". after using magnum xxxl these blazer hoods look tooooooo small.

F

free_tatu

4x8 sunhut

i have a similar sized tent. 4.5x 8

my ambient room temperatures run in the 80-85 range. good old sunny southern california. (not good in this case).

i had one 1000w (quantum ballast) - running with a cool tube. that sucker put my temps up to 90-93 range. and that was running 75% (750w) - running at 100% (1000w) my temps spiked up 93-101 range. i didn't even want to fire up the second 1000w light i had set up in the tent - which was very similar to your new set up.

i ended up buying a light mover temporarily. just to finish out the ones that were burning up in the tent.

the heat makes the buds airy/non dense. and it kills the smell that your herbs would usually have. i had a variety running - alien bubba, alien dog, pure kush, banana og - just 2 foot plants using fox farms in 3 gallon pots using lucas/ w. floralicious - rapid start - kool bloom liq - and calmag. . (i had to go dirt because i was running dwc [which i've had good success with in the past] - the water temps went up and were boiling my roots)... anyways. bunch of problems moving to my new place that is 10 degrees F hotter than my old one. the buds came out weak as hell - (probably due to the temperatures being so damn high - among other things - such as super effin mites from PROGRESSIVE OPTIONS clone only dispensiary)

lets just say that i had to shut the flowering chamber down until i could afford a minisplit - so i got a 1.5 (18000 btu) ton mini split. haven't installed it yet. but i've noticed with friends grows that the cooler temperatures help the buds fatten up and get dense (with no co2). they use the window type air conditioners - i got the mini split for a steal just under $1,200.

ive done a lot of reading regarding air conditioning - mini splits are the way to go. portable airconditioners suck the co2 out and so do window units .

if you don't have an air conditioner i'd just go with the bottled co2. pain in the ass to transport - but worth it. the co2 allows for higher temps tolerable in the high 80s very low 90s.

i'm not so sure the tent will solve your problems. it didn't solve them for me. in my opinion. the larger the airspace. the more air the lights have to heat up. the smaller the airspace (in a tent) the quicker stuff heats up.

i almost wish i didn't drop $350 on the tent i got. its a bad ass tent tho... access points on every side. (from HTG garden supply in the east coast). and it has adjustable flanges 6"-8".

anyways i ramble.

you're very lucky in the sense of growing that your temps don't spike. the only thing i'm lucky with living in so cal is that its so hot the females have to walk around in bikinis, a*s shorts, and mini skirts. you win some - you lose some eh?

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

not worth growing if your room gets 90. im trying to get it down in the 70s. if i dont get it down im gonna get 2x 600w.
i have a similar sized tent. 4.5x 8

my ambient room temperatures run in the 80-85 range. good old sunny southern california. (not good in this case).

i had one 1000w (quantum ballast) - running with a cool tube. that sucker put my temps up to 90-93 range. and that was running 75% (750w) - running at 100% (1000w) my temps spiked up 93-101 range. i didn't even want to fire up the second 1000w light i had set up in the tent - which was very similar to your new set up.

i ended up buying a light mover temporarily. just to finish out the ones that were burning up in the tent.

the heat makes the buds airy/non dense. and it kills the smell that your herbs would usually have. i had a variety running - alien bubba, alien dog, pure kush, banana og - just 2 foot plants using fox farms in 3 gallon pots using lucas/ w. floralicious - rapid start - kool bloom liq - and calmag. . (i had to go dirt because i was running dwc [which i've had good success with in the past] - the water temps went up and were boiling my roots)... anyways. bunch of problems moving to my new place that is 10 degrees F hotter than my old one. the buds came out weak as hell - (probably due to the temperatures being so damn high - among other things - such as super effin mites from PROGRESSIVE OPTIONS clone only dispensiary)

lets just say that i had to shut the flowering chamber down until i could afford a minisplit - so i got a 1.5 (18000 btu) ton mini split. haven't installed it yet. but i've noticed with friends grows that the cooler temperatures help the buds fatten up and get dense (with no co2). they use the window type air conditioners - i got the mini split for a steal just under $1,200.

ive done a lot of reading regarding air conditioning - mini splits are the way to go. portable airconditioners suck the co2 out and so do window units .

if you don't have an air conditioner i'd just go with the bottled co2. pain in the ass to transport - but worth it. the co2 allows for higher temps tolerable in the high 80s very low 90s.

i'm not so sure the tent will solve your problems. it didn't solve them for me. in my opinion. the larger the airspace. the more air the lights have to heat up. the smaller the airspace (in a tent) the quicker stuff heats up.

i almost wish i didn't drop $350 on the tent i got. its a bad ass tent tho... access points on every side. (from HTG garden supply in the east coast). and it has adjustable flanges 6"-8".

anyways i ramble.

you're very lucky in the sense of growing that your temps don't spike. the only thing i'm lucky with living in so cal is that its so hot the females have to walk around in bikinis, a*s shorts, and mini skirts. you win some - you lose some eh?

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

once i get dialed in im gonnna see what these are about :rollj:

DSCN1567
Venom818

Venom818

sorry not sure i missed it was that the larry og clone or from bean

horribleherk

horribleherk

ive went over your thread & with the exception of the coco slab & nutes my method is similar to yours i use r/w blocks & 3'' slabs & gh- floranova keep it simple recirculating program the r/w slabs hold nutes really good & ive found that flooding more than once daily is a waste of time i pull cool air from under the foundation of my house to cool my rooms my current grow is killing fields i dont get onto this site often but with threads like yours im gonna have to change that this seems to have much to offer a cen-cal med grower im having trouble posting pics here ill try to post again later

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

I should have the tent down to the mid 70s by the end of the week. I'll post pictures once I get it dialed in

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

finally finished my science project all the way dialed in:
2x galaxy 1000w dimmable ballasts
2x blockbuster 6"
2x lasko 20"

i put the fans on rachet hangers so i can bring them up and down. the are pointed the opposite direction from each other to circulate the air in the tent.
gonna run 1 gallon smart pots in coco flood and drain.

DSCN1584
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

finally finished my science project all the way dialed in:
2x galaxy 1000w dimmable ballasts
2x blockbuster 6"
2x lasko 20"

i put the fans on rachet hangers so i can bring them up and down. the are pointed the opposite direction from each other to circulate the air in the tent.
gonna run 1 gallon smart pots in coco flood and drain.

Hey sincethe80s! How's going man?
I came visit your garden and check out for new updates but apparently you're busy.
I was looking this last pic & I was thinking. Don't you think you'll be blocking light traveling from 1 side of the hood to another using those fans right in the middle of the hoods? I would rather hang them on the side of the tent, just an idea friend.
Everything else looking amazing!
Bring on more pics of the girls :)
Peace!

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

i bought and returned a few different fans and mounted them up before i figured this out. mounting the fans directly on the side would restricted the airflow because of the tent walls so this is the best i came up with.

this is it from the begining to now 56 days in.
larry og
flood and drain
left side is rockwool cubes, right side is 100%coco in smart pots
used a modified lucas formula no bloom additives

DSCN1584
DSCN1590
DSCN1626
DSCN1680
DSCN1691
DSCN1693
DSCN1692
DSCN1696
DSCN1695
K

kes5480

oh yea dude thats sweet!!! damn im jealous, looks so good bro.
peace
kes

HG23

HG23

Are those some Geopots you have on the left side of your coco table? If so what do you think of them?

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

Are those some Geopots you have on the left side of your coco table? If so what do you think of them?

yea i used 10x1 gallon and 10x2 gallons geopots. this is the first time i used these kind of pots so i have nothing to compare them too. i might try flooding and draining wit them again but use perlite next time.

Top Bottom