Lead's Grow Diary

• Thread starter leadsled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Man , That Cherry pie looks yummy! :)
Great Work on all those Lead. Great Photos too.
Gonna be great to watch those bloom with ya
Thanks Ken, Cherry Pie is real stinky.
very nice photography Lead
Chemdog D and cherry pie look like straight ass fire....
Thanks Mogrow. Hopefully they turn out fire as well. Almost 1/3 of the way there.
Cherry pie is getting frosty. Great pics lead. What happened with the harlequin?
Thanks. Harlequin has root aphids.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

What's going to be your line of actions to eliminate them
Thanks Ken, Cherry Pie is real stinky.

Thanks Mogrow. Hopefully they turn out fire as well. Almost 1/3 of the way there.

click80

click80

Hey i noticed on the Harlequin what appeared to be some reddishness? I had that last grow and never figured it out really. Is that a sign of stress in general or is that a specific indicator of root aphids? I looked with a microscope at my roots and could not find anything resembling an aphid. Just curious.....

Love what your compost is doing...am putting my plans together now to start one, I am going to order for Yelms (Yelps) for worms. I heard they were a good supplier.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Hey i noticed on the Harlequin what appeared to be some reddishness? I had that last grow and never figured it out really. Is that a sign of stress in general or is that a specific indicator of root aphids? I looked with a microscope at my roots and could not find anything resembling an aphid. Just curious.....

Love what your compost is doing...am putting my plans together now to start one, I am going to order for Yelms (Yelps) for worms. I heard they were a good supplier.
im guessing cooler temps. Some strains will get purple leaves if the temps are cool at night and Thats what it looks like to me

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU

Probably the root aphids, if the roots are sick that can hinder nute update. When there is a ra problem, Leaves normally yellow from bottom up harlequin did it top down. The colors normally do not come out until later in flower. At that time, I find it is normal when reducing the nutes. If you look at the cookies pics you can see the mag def look on leaves. Harlequin just did not get effected the same way as cookies. Mag def and lower leaves dying.

wow @ cherry pie.
Thanks Cap.

im guessing cooler temps. Some strains will get purple leaves if the temps are cool at night and Thats what it looks like to me
That would normally be a good guess, but temps are not cool: 75F night 79F day temp. I highly suspect it is due to damage the Root aphids did.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I don't think I have them. I would be able to spot them under one of those 100x pocket microscopes they sell for observing Trichs I would hope?
That is excellent. I am not saying you do have em and I hope you do not have them. Just relating my observations of what is happening in my garden. They can be seen by naked eye if you have got good eyesight. Dig around with a small piece of stake in the top of the medium and (if your not using fabric pots) lift the container to check holes by poking in them.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter

It sure seems like the Pests like Harlequin alot.
Ive had Worms,grasshoppers, Aphids, mites. and the lastest was Thrips...all went straight for the harley.
.and let most everything else alone.
They like the good stuff like we do I guess. :)

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
It sure seems like the Pests like Harlequin alot.
Ive had Worms,grasshoppers, Aphids, mites. and the lastest was Thrips...all went straight for the harley.
.and let most everything else alone.
They like the good stuff like we do I guess. :)
Looking forward to seeing how she does without any pests. Looks like your building experience in pests quickly. Hope you have better success against the pests this year.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Sorry to hear about the root aphids hitting your garden also Lead. . . I am battling them myself right now, and they are devastating some plants I have in early flower! Good luck getting rid of those f***ers, and great job keeping your plants looks tasty as hell even while fighting them! I can't say the same about my plants hit hard by them right now!

-Meeks

click80

click80

I just did a thorough check. My main problem was fungus gnat larvae. They had tunneled into the stem base, I did not know they would do that. Live and learn. No big surprise but I also found springtails, but my understanding of them and my experience in the past with them leads me to leave them alone. Supposedly beneficial...actually I found a lot saying they are beneficial except for one species but that wasn't even a good reference really. I found an old thread on here that Seamaiden straightened somebody out on about them being cool and beneficial so that is good enough for me. She knows her stuff imo.

Everytime I see those little dudes though I still have to look up pics of RA's and make sure...lol

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
hey lead, killer garden bro. dont know how i missed this one. excellent photo work as well 42o
Thanks 420
Sorry to hear about the root aphids hitting your garden also Lead. . . I am battling them myself right now, and they are devastating some plants I have in early flower! Good luck getting rid of those f***ers, and great job keeping your plants looks tasty as hell even while fighting them! I can't say the same about my plants hit hard by them right now!

-Meeks
Thanks Meeks. Sorry to hear you got em. Hopefully they pull through. The buds keep growing and I see less RA's so looking ok all considering.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Day 39 of flower.
Looking less than picture perfect. Live and Learn.
Chemdog D
Chemd
Chemd2
Chemd3
Chemd4
Chemd6

Cherry Pie (1st pic, she looks like ogk??)
Cher
Cherry
Cherry2
Cherry3
Cherry4
Cherry5

Cookies
Cookies
Cookies2
Cookies3

Harlequin
Harley