R&D in Holland for years in greenhouses/glass house
indoor outdoor
revolutionized Coco
I think AN is good
but I dont think running 500 bucks of nutes is very responsible
yes you can say...well I just use there base
well then that really isnt getting the benefit of there research
JMO
Good news - plants looking better and I can tell that growth is not stunned anymore. Thank you.
Still waiting for EC meter. From my research on the nutes I feel like the best bet is just mix it yourself from salts and other organic compounds. I also researched on mobility of ions, ion exchange and element dependency. Very interesting.
One thing ... when ppm are brought as a measure of nutrients .. what is ppm of ? Just NPK or other nutrients as well. Also it's kinda useless since it's a ppm of elements in solution. The whole P2O5 and K2O thing got me thinking about misleading lables.

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah ppm is just the measure of measurable salt within solution.....cant tell you what the ratios are....really just relying on the nutrient companys guarantee
look into Jacks Hydro by JR Peters for a prefab salt.....

DirtyD

DirtyD

I saw those, except not really sure I need 50 pound bags haha. I was just gonna go with generic salts they sell online. I've researched on which salts are better dissolved and don't change pH of the medium upon dissassociation.

Wisher619

Wisher619

also many organics have no measure in ppm as they dont read
ofcourse ec would be the conductivity within water but......some elements in certain forms....dont contribute to electrical conductivity.....
that is why it is half baked...lol

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah mixing your own would be the way to go
but a vast majority of people just dont have the time to work out the ratios and do they math.....and then the physical mixing and storage....you know what I mean
but.....if you look up fatmans guide
he gives a great detail on ratios and ppms of each element and all that ....

DirtyD

DirtyD

But so am I right now .. so I guess we are even haha. Well from chemical standpoint I'd rather talk ppm (mg/L) of each element in solution, but also count in the pH, wetness of medium, airflow above and temperature factors. Seems like there's not an extensive research readily available. I tried looking at some governed AG reports. Some of em got good info.

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah well since cannabis is federally illegal.....dont count on any of that info....for another 5-10 years
if ever

DirtyD

DirtyD

yeah mixing your own would be the way to go
but a vast majority of people just dont have the time to work out the ratios and do they math.....and then the physical mixing and storage....you know what I mean
but.....if you look up fatmans guide
he gives a great detail on ratios and ppms of each element and all that ....
I tried looking one up but seems like he's not very favorable in inner circles and gets banned a lot

DirtyD

DirtyD

Another farmer suggested Botanicare CNS17. But in his guide it's just listed as ppm ... again is it just NPK ? Ca and Mg as well ? Also it would depend on how often and how much you feed, that's why I think important part is to provide a balance of nutrients in coco, cations will get help from medium itself .. so balancing out the anions .. then it's NP ratio

Wisher619

Wisher619

Fatman wasnt favorable because he clashed with establishment
but......his work is second to none

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

it wouldnt just be NPK as when adding say mg your ppm will up by what you add
what fatman did was measure out ppm for all elements in g's
so you can actually mix each one to your liking and scale up or down as you see fit
mixing your own would be amazing
there are some who have...on this sight....who have also gone on to label there own nutrient lines......
nothing on the major market really ....but still .......
alot of secret ingredients seem to be fish hydrosolate and other readily available products which companys dont seem to put on there labels
the problem I have always had with AN is that they dont really tell you anything thats in there bottles and you just have to "Religiously" trust them
we have a choice but I believe consumers have a right to know what is exactly in there product
you dont have to divulge the secret mixing process.....just what is in it....down to the sugars

DirtyD

DirtyD

They do list ingridients they put in it. I mean you must list everything by law, right ?
But just concerning coco, as we established, all cations i.e. metals will get retained in the medium and coco will be buffered with those. When it comes to anions as a source of N and P, considering all the labeling gimmicks and shit like that, as long as it's balanced and readily available should be good to go.
Thank you for more info. Pleasure to learn. I'll look for fatmans guide.

Wisher619

Wisher619

actually if certain elements dont exceed a certain limit/threshhold they dont have to disclose them.....by law
but yes if balanced...

N

numbnutts

Flush the plants mix woth water and start over using 1/4 grow. It will fix it self fine. People way over think these plants sometimes. Could you all imagine putting the thoughts and number count of ppm into our cucumbers or tomatoes. Lol for some reason We get crazy when it comes to the medicine.

DirtyD

DirtyD

Flush the plants mix woth water and start over using 1/4 grow. It will fix it self fine. People way over think these plants sometimes. Could you all imagine putting the thoughts and number count of ppm into our cucumbers or tomatoes. Lol for some reason We get crazy when it comes to the medicine.
Hm ... I wonder why ?
I could give a shit if I get 20 or 40 tomatoes off the plant .. when it comes to medicine it's closer to the heart hahaha.
The point is not to dive into ppm and adjust it to 1 ppm accuracy but to educate myself and others about misleading information and pointless things like ppm .. haha .. and ratio of N to P2O5 to K2O. Yes it's for ease of use but for me the cause is more interesting.

N

numbnutts

Hm ... I wonder why ?
I could give a shit if I get 20 or 40 tomatoes off the plant .. when it comes to medicine it's closer to the heart hahaha.
The point is not to dive into ppm and adjust it to 1 ppm accuracy but to educate myself and others about misleading information and pointless things like ppm .. haha .. and ratio of N to P2O5 to K2O. Yes it's for ease of use but for me the cause is more interesting.
Yeah absolutely. I agree it is way way more interesting. I find though when. I keep it simple it works the best. The Chance of me counting ppm and shit like that , well theres a better chance the plant will do it for me and in a way that's actually true. Which is why I always use 1/4th to half strength nutes. That way if a plant shows a sign of deficiency I just add a little more. I'm right now trying to find the right amount to keep my fan leafs from yellowing up too early in flower. The great stuff about coco and promix like I use is that we get to decide exactly what when an how much goes into the container. Much easier to diagnose plants by look than pulling out meters I'll never understand. How is she doing now. Nitrogen toxicity would make those leafs so dark green it would be obvious because they'd be insanely green and if you used that much nutes you'd have burned blades tips telling you they're over fertilized.

DirtyD

DirtyD

She looks better. Definitely helped lowering nutes concentration. Still in rehab.

Top Bottom