Leaf tips clawing, yellowing tips and edges

• Thread starter C.dutchpuxx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
airedog

airedog

Supporter
I had a potassium deficiency from mid-flower on in my RDWC system, Aqua Man recommended potassium bicarbonate supplementation and it worked well. In RDWC suggested starting dosage was 0.5 gm/gallon. You may want to halve that to start as you can always add more but getting rid of excess is more complicated.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Potassium silicate is also a great choice because it adds silica. It is very alkali though so just be careful as it will raise your pH.

S

StoopidGrower

I have gh up and down out there although I don't use it anymore, but to bring 1 gallon of my 8.9 tap water down to 6.5, don't recall exactly but it was somewhere around 10 drops maybe less..

so if you're using over a hundred drops to adjust just one gallon you've got something very wrong my friend ??

Edit: I use citric acid and I bring my 8.9 down to 6.4 with just 5 drops per gallon, so I believe that's what's causing the potassium locked-out!

Let's see if we can get you to talk to @Aqua Man he's the one to talk to about all things aqua, and I think he'd be interested to see this one because I've never heard of anything like this not even close
Funny, when I used my well water I had to use a ton of PH down just like you. So I started filtering using RO and now it only takes a few drops to bring down the ph down. I think it's bc there was too much sediment in the water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom