Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Big or small, solid, dry backs for them all! Pot plants likes dry feet’s!😀

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I was wondering with the Littles. I'm assuming I take the same advice @GNick55 and @Captspaulding gave me and let them dry out a good amount before watering? Some of the bottom leaves have been yellowing and I am putting that at possibly over watering. I typically do a lighter water every day to other day. They feel very very dry after day and a half to two days which is why I water when I do. But maybe they don't even need that much? Maybe they are doing just fine? Let me know what yall think? I absolutely love them and think they have been coming along damn near perfect!
look don’t pop those babies out to look at roots they are stressed also, from to me looks like overwatering,. they look stunty as well so root mass will probably be small

H

Harley.Freeman

look don’t pop those babies out to look at roots they are stressed also, from to me looks like overwatering,. they look stunty as well so root mass will probably be small
Jeez man I don't understand what's up with me and giving them to much water lol. It seems like a running theme in my grow.

So I let them get pretty dry I think. Are there anymore recommendations you have as to how much drier I should be letting them get or any things I could be doing differently?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
what do you mean? lol
Just chirping here! But a little game you could play! Water, two of them like you have been, wait an extra day for two of them, wait an extra two days for two of them. You might be surprised how long it takes them to dry! And they recover from under watering in a heartbeat! I’ve had plants with leaves and stems wilting and hanging a limp and the song cool cool water playing in the background! Said oops! Dumped some water on them and within an hour they were saluting me! Way better to underwater! In my opinion. But listen to these other guys! And do what they tell you to!

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
if he’s dried back I can’t see why he couldn’t check the root ball, as long as the medium is separated from the sides there is nothing bad that will happen, just air and a few seconds of light. but I suppose a new person may cause an issue, it’s a variable I would want off the checklist. either way, I’m here for it. And it will need a new pot soon regardless.

The floor is y’all’s.👊🏻🤡

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Jeez man I don't understand what's up with me and giving them to much water lol. It seems like a running theme in my grow.

So I let them get pretty dry I think. Are there anymore recommendations you have as to how much drier I should be letting them get?
you can easily see with the little ones, that the fan leaves are fat and bloated, twisty,. and the plants themselves look stunty,.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes take the biggest baby and push up on the bottom to loosen soil than turn over and lift pot off than slide back on,..
maybe set video so we can see

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
But always have a contingency in place! The pot, you are going to transplant into sitting there, ready! Just in case things start falling apart you can just transplant then! Always have a Plan B! Lol

H

Harley.Freeman

Just chirping here! But a little game you could play! Water, two of them like you have been, wait an extra day for two of them, wait an extra two days for two of them. You might be surprised how long it takes them to dry! And they recover from under watering in a heartbeat! I’ve had plants with leaves and stems wilting and hanging a limp and the song cool cool water playing in the background! Said oops! Dumped some water on them and within an hour they were saluting me! Way better to underwater! In my opinion. But listen to these other guys! And do what they tell you to!
Thank you!

H

Harley.Freeman

you can easily see with the little ones, that the fan leaves are fat and bloated, twisty,. and the plants themselves look stunty,.
yes take the biggest baby and push up on the bottom to loosen soil than turn over and lift pot off than slide back on,..
maybe set video so we can see
Okay I can do that! Just do one for now or all of them to take a quick peak at root system?

H

Harley.Freeman

@GNick55. @Captspaulding

I ended up doing two so far. I thought I was recording the first time and wasn't lol. Should I do this with all of them .

Also should I be transplanting into 1gallons?

H

Harley.Freeman

Littles

I haven't watered them since day before yesterday. They seem to be dropping a bit so I figure that either today or tomorrow they will need water. Also trying to figure out how soon I should be transplanting them.

@GNick55

@Captspaulding

Any suggestions on how to help these little ones out?

20240424 142112
20240424 142106
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Littles

I haven't watered them since day before yesterday. They seem to be dropping a bit so I figure that either today or tomorrow they will need water. Also trying to figure out how soon I should be transplanting them.

@GNick55

@Captspaulding

Any suggestions on how to help these little ones out?
i’d suggest as the little ones are stressed to let them go through a couple wet/dry cycles, with watering all the medium!

H

Harley.Freeman

ok so you seem to understand how to water now,. if your confident than go ahead and transplant but it’s not needed yet,. but up to you,. yes one gallon pots is good enough especially if there’s watering issues haha
Thank you lol

Top Bottom