Led Grow

• Thread starter HomgrwnTX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Cool.....u think its ready fot flower its over 20 inches already
That really goes off of how much you really wanna get off of the plant.. Just about every one of my regular females I let veg for 60 days because I want as many colas as possible

C

Cobaltcoyote

Yea dwc (deep water culture). 5gal buckets.

I have been looking around for awhile now for dwc flow rates and what size pump to run for a similar set up. I haven't been able to find much info. I usually do inert medium for my indoor, but I'm extremely interested in trying dwc. Any info about flow rates and what pumps for air and fluid would be greatly appreciated. As far as the LED growing goes, they work very well. I think the old gram per watt still stands though. I appreciate how cool my room stays, and that my power bill stays under $200 a month.

C

Cobaltcoyote

After looking at the pics, I would say veg a tiny bit longer imho. I try to trim it so everything is at least 10 to 12 inches off of the pot. My humble opinion is, you might have ph problems, possibly from over fertilization, or drop off once the fertilizer hits and sits in the soil/medium. Is so, a little crushed oyster shell goes a long way. After looking at the pics of leaves, my opinion is a magnesium deficiency. Again probably caused by ph. I've had magnesium deficencies along the way and it looks similar. For some reason unbeknownst to me, plants under LED tend to require a 25-30% increase in Calcium and Magnesium. Especially towards bloom. I've experimented with light distancing and with LED, plants seem to do well if I keep them at least a 12 inchs or so away from the fixtures. Otherwise the light from the fixture doesn't have enough space to "blend" and diffuse. Closer than 12 inches and I have had bleaching and burns on my leaves and flowers. Plants are tough though, I think that's why it got nicknamed "weed". Ease into food regiments, and they usually take it. A cheap digital ppm and ph meter kit will run you 20 bucks on Amazon, and save you hours if not days of frustration and nail biting. 6.8ph for soil seems optimal. If you're unsure about doses, try and find a nutrient line up with a recipe to follow until you start feeling a bit more confident. Look up nutrient ph scale charts. It will give you a visual reference as to how ph corelates with nutrient uptake. Happy growing and I hope my short story helps. Lol!

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I have been looking around for awhile now for dwc flow rates and what size pump to run for a similar set up. I haven't been able to find much info. I usually do inert medium for my indoor, but I'm extremely interested in trying dwc. Any info about flow rates and what pumps for air and fluid would be greatly appreciated. As far as the LED growing goes, they work very well. I think the old gram per watt still stands though. I appreciate how cool my room stays, and that my power bill stays under $200 a month.
You don't need water pumps. Just air pump. I like to run 500gph or better per bucket. But minimum of 250. You can't have too much air. I run multiple stones so the roots don't grow around a single stone. If you run lots of air and hydroguard, res temps ain't as important. I'm currently converting to 10gal buckets as we speak. Just running one so far and loving it.

C

Cobaltcoyote

You don't need water pumps. Just air pump. I like to run 500gph or better off site per bucket. But minimum of 250. You can't have too much air. I run multiple stones so the roots don't grow around a single stone. If you run lots of air and hydroguard, red temps ain't as important. I'm currently converting to 10gal bucket as we speak. Just running one so far and loving it.
Thanks for the reply, it's the first in about 8 months, and I even started a thread. I've been interested in dwc for awhile, just finishing an peat mix grow indoor. I'll post when I switch to a dwc just for the hell of it.

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

Wts good everyone. Another update ..well this is 1 week and 2 days into flowering. .i pulled alot of leaves off and for some idiotic reason i was pulling main branches as u can see in my last pics, but they are growing back fast in flower and have their little colas showing.....i knew it was a female , but now u can really tell because of the white hairs coming out by the nodes and colas.....it has about 7 colas i believe plus the main one.....im not gonna cut off the popcorn buds ..and im not gonna put any fert on her. .jus let her grow natural......well i will add photos and tell me what yall think...all the old stuff is almost gone as well.....she doin good....anyways enjoy.and tell me what yall think

HomgrwnTX

HomgrwnTX

Update on the girl....this is the 5th day in week 4 of flower........used defoliation in week 2 .whicg was guided by a good buddy that is very prevalent in the colorado scene......anyways heres the pics...

20160606 200754
20160606 200836
20160606 200811
20160606 201052
20160606 200829
Top Bottom