led/hps grow-mixed strains

• Thread starter bf74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bf74

I had a cat very convincingly explain to me that when using ffof potting soil-just transplant into more ffof.I figured 2 gallons would carry enough nutes to feed the plants for a while.But the question is-do I wait for signs of deficiencies during bloom, and then correct.Possibly with a high phosphorous-potassium fertilizer.Something that contains rock phosphate-like Open Sesame.I'm just not sure-this is my first run with fox farm's soil-and I'm not following that ridiculous feeding schedule they have online- seems like a bit much.But then I look at the 16oz cups and how fast they drained-so I guess I'm a little corn-fused.

B

been

If you're going 1/2 gallon spent into 2 gallons fresh you might need to feed once or twice after you transplant (watering in). Gotta figure there is a good size rootball in there that doesn't have access to as much nutrient because it is in old soil, you know?

B

bf74

thanks man, you just answered my question perfectly-I kinda figured it would only be a couple feeds after transplant.One supplement I was thinking of using was a little B-CUZZ bloom- like every third watering.Worked great in hydro, supposedly does well in soil too.The nutes are gonna be technafloras Pura Vida-worked great for me before also.Now that I'm smokin all this hydro-gh nutes bud, I wanna see if I can tell the difference between soil grown organic, and rockwool grown hydro.

S

shivavaranessi

sweet as a nut! bro
looking nice n healthy!
is that abit of nute burn on the edgin
of the leaf (5 pic) you might wanna lower your ec bit m8:)
peace :damnhippie:
shiva

B

bf74

sweet as a nut! bro
looking nice n healthy!
is that abit of nute burn on the edgin
of the leaf (5 pic) you might wanna lower your ec bit m8:)
peace :damnhippie:
shiva
I really need to get an ro filter-water before conditioning hovers at an 8 ph-and the conditioner-Earth Juice dosent seen to help for long.Til I get the filter-I've been letting the water sit in an open container for 3 days before use, they just want alot of dough for the filter I've been checking out.This shit gets expensive man! But it beats buying regs, dont it?

B

bf74

thanks man! 100 bucks dosent hurt too much.Just what I was looking for- just the way I like it simple-really appreciate that one.Gonna order one up!

B

bf74

had to transplant today-any longer and yellowing would occur-so I put em into flower-1-1/4 gallon pots-the ones I ordered claimed to be 2 gallons-they werent.Already they ate thick and developed enough to give me a nice fat single cola from each plant-which really will work out better since I've got 12 girls coming behind.Sea of green it is.10 of em are just sprouted big bang from greenhouse.

Added 2 panels 001
Added 2 panels 003
Added 2 panels 006
Added 2 panels 007
Added 2 panels 008
Added 2 panels 009
Added 2 panels 010
B

bf74

Well, the heat mizer has inspired this to become an all led grow- 388 watts-2x r/b ufo's/ 2xr/b/o-ufo's.With the change the heat went from 90 to 77 degrees.And I just want to see what almost 400 watts of led can do in a 16 sq ft tent.The fixtures in the middle are bridge lux 1 watt diode "pure" white leds-24 watts total

All led now 001
All led now 002
All led now 003
All led now 004
All led now 005
All led now 006
All led now 007
All led now 011
All led now 012
All led now 013
B

been

I think you'd get killer yield with more clones packed in there. If you could mono-crop the next round it would be even better. I would think Hydroton on an ebb and flow tray would have you swimming in nugs, but I'm always trying to get people to do things my way.

S

shivavaranessi

I think you'd get killer yield with more clones packed in there. If you could mono-crop the next round it would be even better. I would think Hydroton on an ebb and flow tray would have you swimming in nugs, but I'm always trying to get people to do things my way.

i think bf74 setup here is fairly tight if he were to put more clones in i think he would run into the same prob as me were im not getting enuff light to the lower branches i had to do some big pruning rounds for the first couple of weeks,done the last lot yesterday and now theres alot more light around
but i think this is sound how it is:)
peace
shiva:)

B

been

I was referring to SOG but i somehow forgot to work that in there.

B

bf74

Whats up yal, hey Been whats up? I like the sog idea-perfect for the low canopy penetration of the ufo's- I think-and from past led grows-these'll morph into nice fat single stemmers-maybe a couple small side branches-I've got the blue hash, and cali hash in veg, and intend to keep the blue hash in veg long enough to get some clones-pack about- I dont know... how many do you thing I could pack in there-all single stem clones?

Scaled down 002
Scaled down 003
Scaled down 005
Scaled down 006
Scaled down 007
Scaled down 020
Scaled down 021
Scaled down 014
Scaled down 015
Scaled down 024
B

been

The way you got those UFOs spread out, they probably won't be branching out too much (w/ SOG). That's a big difference I noticed with my T5s over the HIDs; when you can hit the girls from multiple angles they don't have to work so hard (if at all) to position themselves.

B

bf74

The way you got those UFOs spread out, they probably won't be branching out too much (w/ SOG). That's a big difference I noticed with my T5s over the HIDs; when you can hit the girls from multiple angles they don't have to work so hard (if at all) to position themselves.
oh yeah, it seems to cover those stems right up with bud sites- thats what I love about leds-you can literally swamp your plants with light-without worrying about burning them-if a branche grows into a fixture while you're at work it wont scorch the leaves.HID is light heavy weight(mass) training-led is like high rep lean muscle training.And just like the afore-mentioned has its strengths and weaknesses.

Top Bottom