led/hps grow-mixed strains

• Thread starter bf74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

poedizzle

So let me get this correct BF74, you are ONLY using LED lights? I was thinking about using an LED for my power cloner to get rid of the heat that the lights produce.. Do you think its working as well as an HPS, or MH or even a CFL for that matter? Also what generation of UFO do you have? thanks
POE

B

bf74

So let me get this correct BF74, you are ONLY using LED lights? I was thinking about using an LED for my power cloner to get rid of the heat that the lights produce.. Do you think its working as well as an HPS, or MH or even a CFL for that matter? Also what generation of UFO do you have? thanks
POE
that is correct- and I'm using the 4th qtr bridge lux leds-2nd gen-which gets confusing because some manufacturers are claiming to be putting out the 4th gen leds-this is bullshit. And you'll find yourself very pleasantly suprised if you go led for your cloner-clones love to root under led.So far, for my small spaces, leds have produced wonderfully for my needs.I'm pulling a gram per watt-actually slightly more with these grows.But the logistics of going led for larger grows, prevents that from happening.Small grows-yes, Large grows=?-nobody's done one yet.

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

there's a dutch grower on a euro forum that s growing 21 plants under 2x300w spectra panels getting great results....i dont know if that constitutes a big grow though....

B

bf74

there's a dutch grower on a euro forum that s growing 21 plants under 2x300w spectra panels getting great results....i dont know if that constitutes a big grow though....
Dokkie is an acquaintance of mine-at least over the internet-sorta like a mentor.I mean, big is relative aint it?600 watts of led is alot for me, but for the guys and gals running multiple high wattage hid systems?Probably not.But for me-600 watts would do it- thats potentially 500-600 grams, at 20 bucks a gram.But we have to remember to apply these lights properly-multiple light sources at different angles is key to a fat led harvest..I've been talking to Dokkie, and he's consistently pulling a gram per watt.Shiva's ufo grow is amazing, check it out.

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

yeah, i am following your grow as well as shiva's, beside's dokkie's. all very informative and a great help to those that want to research alternative lighting solutions!

peace
BR

B

bf74

no prob-info is what this is all about-eh? Heres some pics-day 14 flower for the blueberries, nightshades, la confidentials, unknown sativa.The blue hash and cali hash are 9 days in

Day 14    001
Day 14    007
Day 14    009
Day 14    011
Day 14    012
Day 14    013
Day 14    008
dlovejah

dlovejah

Great work... Love to see the Future at work..Cool stuff Thanks for sharing..d:afroweed:

S

SmokeMan

Looking good man! I cant wait to see what these lights do for you bro. Im tuned in...:rasta:

B

bf74

OK, week 2 has just passed-we're on day 16 12/12 now.Now I add the UVB-reptiglo 10's-2x26 watts.I've found early flower-about 2 weeks in the best time to add the uvb-too soon could be bad for tender young seedlings and clones- it's on 4 hours a day in the middle of the 12 hour light cycle.In my experience flavor, aroma, and bud formation have vastly improved with the intro of uvb.

Day 16 uvb 005
Day 16 uvb 007
Day 16 uvb 008
Day 16 uvb 011
H

Hayze

Dude sick set up. Are those Ebay panels or did you get those from some where else? The plants look real heathy under the leds.

B

Badmf

Very good journal of your grow. BTW how much do those leds cost? I wanted to equate the comparison with digitals and T5's. I noticed severe leaf curling back in post 41. Possible salt build-up which is the same as overfert. Check ppm/ph from runoff with distilled water. Needs a flush, imo. When the leaves are reaching up to the light is when you have it dialed in. There was one like that in some of your pix. Great job! CO2?

B

bf74

Dude sick set up. Are those Ebay panels or did you get those from some where else? The plants look real heathy under the leds.

thanks man, and yes-e-bay has the same stuff as everyone else-I was lookin last night, and the average price has dropped to 200 for a no-name, and 300-350 for a name brand-prosource,etc.

Top Bottom