Led light suggestion

• Thread starter Nightcrawler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nightcrawler

Hi there fellow stoners,
I am considering trying to grow weed indoors. I am a beginner and want to try with a tent 4x4. Plants should be 3-4.As for a LED light, which one do you think is better:
- Mars TSW 2000 indoor
- Mars II 900 full spectrum grow led light

Or should I try to get :
Mars II 1600 full spectrum grow led light

Thanks !

hillbil

hillbil

If you insist on Mars, the SP and TS are far superior to anything else they sell and the best value. There are better companies but I would feel comfortable with those new series myself.

420baby

420baby

Hi there fellow stoners,
I am considering trying to grow weed indoors. I am a beginner and want to try with a tent 4x4. Plants should be 3-4.As for a LED light, which one do you think is better:
- Mars TSW 2000 indoor

Or should I try to get :

Thanks !
I heard a lot of good things about Mars new light. Maybe you should try the TSW2000.

420baby

420baby

If you insist on Mars, the SP and TS are far superior to anything else they sell and the best value. There are better companies but I would feel comfortable with those new series myself.
That's correct, i also heard the new TS and SP are better than other series.

N

Nightcrawler

Thanks for the replies :) The Viparspectra V1200 is around the same price but it seems to be purple and not full spectrum

Ace9137

Ace9137

First off, LED's are okay, they are nothing near what is claimed on most web sites. I bought Meizhi's and they lasted about a year and a half a piece, actually one still works and produces white lights and lacks intensity. My honest opinion,(based on three years of LED's only), would be to look at your planned grow style. Fluro's are nice, they do not really get canopy penetration, LEDs are great if you can get past price and the fact they are not as long lasting as claimed, Then there HID's, I like them personally, I still won't suggest them only because of heat. Heat is not an issue here in the northern US. I would suggest that before you jump on the LED bandwagon you consider a few factors, canopy penetration, nutrient consumption, and of course light quality. Most US made LED lamps are awesome, yet, price kills the chance of me ever buying from them. Even with my bias towards LEDs, I don't rule them out, I just would wait until the tech is better as well as the regulations on the claims of said lights.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

If you want leds, look at HLG lighting. I run all quantum boards. Get amazing results both in quality and yield. Here is a single plant in a 4x4. I typically run two plants and pull around 2gpw. I have never achieved results with traditional lighting like I do with these. I have a full build post if needed.

40E57826 159D 4A91 831F 75912DCA451C

m8ty

m8ty

Hydro and LED are the fastest way for a noob to kill the plants just saying. Also it takes five grows till you finally get I right, if I was starting out I would stay away from hydro and LED, you're just gonna blow a bunch of money on expensive gear.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Hydro and LED are the fastest way for a noob to kill the plants just saying. Also it takes five grows till you finally get I right, if I was starting out I would stay away from hydro and LED, you're just gonna blow a bunch of money on expensive gear.
Exactly.

Dan789

Dan789

Take a look at Timber and Rapid led (also the kits) along with the quantum boards. I’ve got a few of the older bluple led lights, they’ll grow MJ just fine. But since getting my Rapid led light kit, not going back. No eye strain, no special glasses, all good.

41CFFC5F 72C2 48D6 A0D4 0959D0E3F00F
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your going led I would suggest timber, hlg or rapid led.

Don't waste your money if you not going to do it right. Yes there are others that are good too. Chances are if your paying bargain prices your getting garbage. As far as led being more difficult I don't see it because if your new you have a learning curve anyways. I think the reason most find it challenging at first is that's it's different from HID so they see it as an issue when changing over.

When it comes to hydro you need to have proper equipment and stay on top of it. This means you need all the equipment to test also. If your not going to invest in that save yourself the trouble. It also takes more time that soil. You also need to out the time in planning and researching as hydro is less forgiving.

Just remember the faster a plants grows the more on point everything needs to be and you have less time to react. But if your well researched and we'll equipped then go for it. You don't learn something by doing something else.

D

devile

Hi there fellow stoners,
- Mars TSW 2000 indoor

Or should I try to get :

Thanks !

I prefer MarsII1600led, because it is more powerful and has more red than TSW led

D

devile

Did you see the spctrum of TS and SP sereis led? If you checked it, you will find its very different from other series led, other series have more red for bloom

hillbil

hillbil

Did you see the spctrum of TS and SP sereis led? If you checked it, you will find its very different from other series led, other series have more red for bloom
Those whites also have significant amounts of red also. Most of what I grow with are white COBs and LEDs having gone through various for,s and shades of blurple prior and before that I used HPS and original Philips CMH.

Top Bottom