LED light vs HPS light yield / watt

• Thread starter GrowUp777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Not bad. Hlg 600 3000k used to give me 2-2.5 in my 4x4 with co2 depending on genetics with 3 week veg

So my shit is so airy, but the buds are dense if that makes sense. Every big bud, is a bud of popcorn, on 90% of strains ive ran. Im thinking I need c02, and thats the only issue. Even my solo diesel has 1 finger leafs at the top of bud sites on a few of them. Just abnormal growth. . dumb. Something is going wrong every single grow for me. Had a few point to the massive, but my best strain was grown in it, and it was one of the 10% that every single bud was solid. Like I want shit that takes an hour to trim 10oz, like the herer fast did. This shit im growing now, and have been, takes like an hour to trim an ounce, if im lucky. Its actually mind numbing and very discouraging. I am assuming its lack of c02 for the amount of growth needed. If it was something else, the popcorn buds wouldnt be rock hard up top. Like the shits fire, i dont get it.
Yes though, once I figure this shit out, hopefully soon lol, I should be getting some better numbers. I know mine are shit but I just see what is suppose to happen, but its not lol
Im hoping its genetics, so that means if so, then this mimosa evo from barneys farm im growing will get 0 abnormal growth. I have eliminated all light leaks, so i know this sour diesel didnt reveg. Its in a tent, in a dark room that I dont enter for 12hrs of dark. idk. . again, if the co2 doesnt fix this, im ditching the massive for a few grows. Still gonna use it on the mimosa though. . just to make sure its not the massive. But if that mimosa doesnt grow well with massive, im done with the stuff.

Observationist

Observationist

Haven’t red that yet but i will in the next few days… im assuming it contains some if the same info i have read elsewhere
Seems like some there would explain what you’re saying.

The green part, only part I can think of is it’s penetration through a thick dense canopy towards end flower.

Observationist

Observationist

So my shit is so airy, but the buds are dense if that makes sense. Every big bud, is a bud of popcorn, on 90% of strains ive ran. Im thinking I need c02, and thats the only issue. Even my solo diesel has 1 finger leafs at the top of bud sites on a few of them. Just abnormal growth. . dumb. Something is going wrong every single grow for me. Had a few point to the massive, but my best strain was grown in it, and it was one of the 10% that every single bud was solid. Like I want shit that takes an hour to trim 10oz, like the herer fast did. This shit im growing now, and have been, takes like an hour to trim an ounce, if im lucky. Its actually mind numbing and very discouraging. I am assuming its lack of c02 for the amount of growth needed. If it was something else, the popcorn buds wouldnt be rock hard up top. Like the shits fire, i dont get it.
Yes though, once I figure this shit out, hopefully soon lol, I should be getting some better numbers. I know mine are shit but I just see what is suppose to happen, but its not lol
Im hoping its genetics, so that means if so, then this mimosa evo from barneys farm im growing will get 0 abnormal growth. I have eliminated all light leaks, so i know this sour diesel didnt reveg. Its in a tent, in a dark room that I dont enter for 12hrs of dark. idk. . again, if the co2 doesnt fix this, im ditching the massive for a few grows. Still gonna use it on the mimosa though. . just to make sure its not the massive. But if that mimosa doesnt grow well with massive, im done with the stuff.

I’m not using co2 and getting “dense fat nugs”

sure they aren’t rock hard dense but they most certainly are not airy at all, they are compact nugs.

It’s genetics mainly, and then light and vitamins.

48030146 2871 4AF3 8728 D575CF38294C
8ED89EEC D4FB 4022 9665 EA54D1CA098F
3206FD2D 905C 4B38 918B C2BFD7C3D520
99D9BC18 44A3 452D B022 B115D51BDEAA
Last edited:
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

the debate about weight really isn't the issue any long, if you look around at the micro grows and commercial guys, there really pulling about the same, 70g a sq ft on the lower side and 100+ g on the higher sq ft for a 4x4 area thats 2.5 to 3.5 + lbs per 4x4, thats HPS or LED, the issue is do you spend 40k for HPS or 130K for LED, and its really no different for the small guy, 1500- 2 k for a light for a few hundred, once or if the price lowers on LED's I think its a no drainer,

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think w
I personally think what really helps the density and making the oils flow is all of it... Lights the cool. The airy the low humidity and infrared all coming together as one....

But diet ratio stands out to me most... And the what.. and how about substrate.

Lights and environment is difficult to get right but once it's dialed it's done...

Ratios are more of a development Flux. C02 can actually be manipulated organically if it's done correctly 👍

Last edited:
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

A pic says a thousand words, Like the one you showed me the other day , I doubt your issue c02, but if your lucky it might band aid your real issues to an extent , but what do I know, I got the wack job friends and don't know how to grow as you kindly informed me, this is a funny post, good luck

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

A pic says a thousand words, Like the one you showed me the other day , I doubt your issue c02, but if your lucky it might band aid your real issues to an extent , but what do I know, I got the wack job friends and don't know how to grow as you kindly informed me, this is a funny post, good lu
Im quite positive if I turn my lights down, they wont grow so fast and then there will be enough c02 in the air for them to dense up. The growth rates are crazy fast, and im trying to compare it to a car. Im giving it more fuel, but there isnt enough c02 to process the growth. Im also pushing RTZ in hydro of around 75f, with leaf temps at 77f. Right now im pushing them to hard for the amount of C02 in the air. OR, its my VPD. I do not monitor it nor have a Par meter. Hell I just got my dehumidifier today for the room. As ive told you before, wait till I can do it right lol. .cause others have.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Not bad. Hlg 600 3000k used to give me 2-2.5 in my 4x4 with co2 depending on genetics with 3 week veg
BUT, what would you have gotten had you used 1000w hps instead? Think you would have gotten more or the same?

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Im quite positive if I turn my lights down, they wont grow so fast and then there will be enough c02 in the air for them to dense up. The growth rates are crazy fast, and im trying to compare it to a car. Im giving it more fuel, but there isnt enough c02 to process the growth. Im also pushing RTZ in hydro of around 75f, with leaf temps at 77f. Right now im pushing them to hard for the amount of C02 in the air. OR, its my VPD. I do not monitor it nor have a Par meter. Hell I just got my dehumidifier today for the room. As ive told you before, wait till I can do it right lol. .cause others have.
I can almost guarantee it's vpd, or genetics, but it would be unusual to have luck that bad in the genetics lottery. I think its the VPD. 1k HID does great in open spaces but the reflected radiant heat can be a bit much in a tent. When plants are sweaty, they grow loose.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I can almost guarantee it's vpd, or genetics, but it would be unusual to have luck that bad in the genetics lottery. I think its the VPD. 1k HID does great in open spaces but the reflected radiant heat can be a bit much in a tent. When plants are sweaty, they grow loose.
Yea I hope once i get this sealed room going i can controll the humidity better. Then ill get a par meter and have a fun post for yall to help me dial it all in.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the debate about weight really isn't the issue any long, if you look around at the micro grows and commercial guys, there really pulling about the same, 70g a sq ft on the lower side and 100+ g on the higher sq ft for a 4x4 area thats 2.5 to 3.5 + lbs per 4x4, thats HPS or LED, the issue is do you spend 40k for HPS or 130K for LED, and its really no different for the small guy, 1500- 2 k for a light for a few hundred, once or if the price lowers on LED's I think its a no drainer,
Except the wattage used is vastly different. Id say about 40% less under LED

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

BUT, what would you have gotten had you used 1000w hps instead? Think you would have gotten more or the same?
You mean a 600w HPS apples to apples. Not nearly as much. I also never ran my 600 at max so that was under about 500w.

Probably the same under 1000w hps but i did it with half the watts. That saves not just on the light wattage but a lot on the costs of cooling also

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You mean a 600w HPS apples to apples. Not nearly as much. I also never ran my 600 at max so that was under about 500w.

Probably the same under 1000w hps but i did it with half the watts. That saves not just on the light wattage but a lot on the costs of cooling also
Yeah, the 480w LED yielded about the same as my 1k HID under the same environmental conditions. That says a lot. To me.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yup 100% brother. Glad ti see you around again. Hope things are hauling ass out there and looking forward to your next grow hopefully sooner than later
It's brewing.. im getting the itch again lol. Plan is to fire up again in Sept, but might pop some beans before then. I've still got the wedding crasher too so this one will likely be a hodge podge of genetics. Proper shit show.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's brewing.. im getting the itch again lol. Plan is to fire up again in Sept, but might pop some beans before then. I've still got the wedding crasher too so this one will likely be a hodge podge of genetics. Proper shit show.
Nice

Top Bottom