• E.Shine 126x3w

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apache Tech AT120RB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

I can tell you I won't be getting a FAGnum LED, last week I sent them an email asking about the sale and if it was do to any problems with the unit and Monday the 13th I received this email:

if you order now you can save $200 and get a mag+ for a mere $999 and the unit will likely ship by this friday. If you wait until tomorrow the price is going back up to $1200 and the unit will still be shipping likely on Friday. Thanks :)

And today Friday the 17th, I see that the unit is still on sale WTF was he just trying to get extra dough from people and BS them into waiting? So I'm not going to get any RIP off artist BS LED, it may work but I can't deal with a company so eager for money they'll lie to the consumer just to get a buck.

I had respect for you up until you said "FAGnum" as in being gay is not cool. clever way of dissing magnum for a 12 YEAR OLD.

and reguardless of the email, still dont mean shit too me, im running a mag plus and its the best led by far i ever used.

you might also be just as eager as they are to use it so maybe you should calm down they first off down want to go out of bizz and that is easy in this time and age. so chill. will yah those other leds are 3x the price "that work"

and i agree u need to chill :mad0229:
smoke a bowl.

btw. i recently saw my gay roommate knock some fool out for saying "fag" lol becarefull on who u say that too

LEDhead

LEDhead

Good for him :) I have plenty of gay friends and call them fags all the time but it doesn't negate the fact that the mag is still on sale
Kessil is a legit company and I'm happy with what I have was just looking to and a bit more spectrum
I sorry if I offended you

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
As anybody actually pulled real big normal HPS HID buds from one of these LEDs?
I mean for instance the sun is really strong and is warm if you stand in its rays, very hard to imagine a light source indoors that doesn't provide heat that would rival the HID or sunlight.
The heat coming off the HID and sun are radiant energy, the LED if you stand under it, do you feel any energy?? I'm just saying if it's super cool and runs cool like a flouro, then you prolly aren't getting the intensity you need to grow big old nugs, popcorn sure but I can grow popcorn with flouros and they are way cheaper than these fancy LED's.
And after this many unsuccessful LED grows, I'm convinced they don't stand a chance...maybe some day, but not today!

p.s. I just remembered what these lights are for, LITE BRITE!
I wonder if these work for clones??

Led
ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

As anybody actually pulled real big normal HPS HID buds from one of these LEDs?
I mean for instance the sun is really strong and is warm if you stand in its rays, very hard to imagine a light source indoors that doesn't provide heat that would rival the HID or sunlight.
The heat coming off the HID and sun are radiant energy, the LED if you stand under it, do you feel any energy?? I'm just saying if it's super cool and runs cool like a flouro, then you prolly aren't getting the intensity you need to grow big old nugs, popcorn sure but I can grow popcorn with flouros and they are way cheaper than these fancy LED's.
And after this many unsuccessful LED grows, I'm convinced they don't stand a chance...maybe some day, but not today!

p.s. I just remembered what these lights are for, LITE BRITE!
I wonder if these work for clones??

I have seen smoked and grown led herb equavilant to hps herb, my current grow is both led and hps, and in the led side it's noticeably much heavier and danker then the hps side, Also I would like to say I've seen smoked and grown wack popcorn herb, but live and learn, now
I'm having great success, I'll take led herb over any hps herb anyday
And yes u feel energy from the led if u put ur hand under it, and don't get it twisted LEDs due produce heat, can't hide from that so climate control is a must

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

Good for him :) I have plenty of gay friends and call them fags all the time but it doesn't negate the fact that the mag is still on sale
Kessil is a legit company and I'm happy with what I have was just looking to and a bit more spectrum
I sorry if I offended you

Word up, since my mind started to become
Conscious I'm very aware and cautious on the words I use, rasicim discrimination and sexism remarks need to be called out
Sorry for my remarks as well,
Burn one!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I have seen smoked and grown led herb equavilant to hps herb, my current grow is both led and hps, and in the led side it's noticeably much heavier and danker then the hps side, Also I would like to say I've seen smoked and grown wack popcorn herb, but live and learn, now
I'm having great success, I'll take led herb over any hps herb anyday
And yes u feel energy from the led if u put ur hand under it, and don't get it twisted LEDs due produce heat, can't hide from that do climate control is a most

Thanks for the info! That is good to know, I haven't seen any grows with these nor interacted with the LED units of today. Hopefully they refine it more and get the costs down so many more folks can give it a go.
You say the LED side is hands down better than the hps? U gonna ditch the HPS and go all LED in future? How much heavier do you feel the LED side is than the HPS? And how many watts is your LED compared to your HPS?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Is it the way the LED make your bud look that makes it more dank on the LED side? I take it you have the same type of genetics under each bulb type? Is it further along, curious what is different about the LED lit flowers. Are they progressing faster? More crystal? Has anyone ever had a LED flower tested for THC %? Or terpenes?
Sorry to load on the questions but just curious and you seem to have experience..

S

singularity

Calling kessil a legit company is a stretch... what do they charge again, 800 dollars for a 15 watt light that covers 1 square foot? Yeah, that'll get you some fat nugs for sure. Plus it NEEDS the light mover to keep it cool or it won't get full output. It's completely wrong minded and the pricing is predatory but if they can convince some suckers to buy it great for them.

LED grown bud really "should" be more "dank" than say HPS grown, because standard HPS have next to no output in the blue spectrum, which is what controls flavenoid and terpene production and all that good stuff. Not to mention that UvB type response that triggers the plant into producing copious amounts of trichomes to protect itself from intense Uv light.

Though it's unlikely you'll get the biggest buds and you sure won't get any economically. Most of the commercial lights are complete garbage, and people make the mistake of trying to use them like an overhead HID replacement, raising it up higher in order to increase coverage area by that ever critical 6 inches, while reducing their irradiance dramatically.

Right now you can get a lot more high quality light for growing for a lot less money with something like CMH.

squiggly

squiggly

As for the sun/HPS putting off heat--most of this is energy not used by plants--in fact the plants expend a good amount of energy trying to protect themselves from those particular rays.

As was said, in theory LED should outperform HPS--one day it's fairly assured that it will (or that something else with little/no heat output will do the same).

The heat really is wasted energy for the most part (some of it IS used, in the interest of being complete--but it's a really small amount and under a process we don't fully understand, especially in cannabis).

Ever after

Ever after

no fuck cmh that shit is crap with crap yields done many runs with them and how is a 400w bulb going to out preform a 180 w draw led that can get 3grams per watt. you just got owned fool you should actually take a bong rip or thik before typing about HID LIGHTS IN A LED FOURM

LEDhead

LEDhead

Calling kessil a legit company is a stretch... what do they charge again, 800 dollars for a 15 watt light that covers 1 square foot? Yeah, that'll get you some fat nugs for sure. Plus it NEEDS the light mover to keep it cool or it won't get full output. It's completely wrong minded and the pricing is predatory but if they can convince some suckers to buy it great for them.

LED grown bud really "should" be more "dank" than say HPS grown, because standard HPS have next to no output in the blue spectrum, which is what controls flavenoid and terpene production and all that good stuff. Not to mention that UvB type response that triggers the plant into producing copious amounts of trichomes to protect itself from intense Uv light.

Though it's unlikely you'll get the biggest buds and you sure won't get any economically. Most of the commercial lights are complete garbage, and people make the mistake of trying to use them like an overhead HID replacement, raising it up higher in order to increase coverage area by that ever critical 6 inches, while reducing their irradiance dramatically.

Right now you can get a lot more high quality light for growing for a lot less money with something like CMH.

Your wrong again Kessil lights aren't that much more expensive then a Magnum or Stealth Grow if you go to Greners.com it's $1400 for 4 H350s that's 360w of pure love for your girls and I know they work, I have the bloom spectrum so veg isn't as good but I may add 2 blue h150. As for the heat sink it's gotta be the best in the business (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtReKEcghg&feature=youtube_gdata_player)
mine ran 12/12 and I checked them often to see if they were warming up and it was never hot they stay cool but yes as with all LEDs the need to vent was there if I ran just the light and turned off inline tent got to about 89-92f once I turned on vent it was a perfect 77f I even feel that the right spectrum of light will help out with other problems for instance when I transplanted from a 3gallon to a 7gallon I dropped the root ball half of it landed in the pot and the other half ended up on the outside of the pot touching the floor, and I had really bad ph problems with the Lucas formula like 4.5-4.2 runoff and still she never hermed and all the buds were dense and dank :)
As for them being honest, I think I says a lot about the company to make a video and show what's being used and explain how it all works I haven't seen any other LED company taking apart there units and explaining them, the only other one I the is the Stealth Grow watts per square meter test they did with the sun, a 1000w HPS and the SG602

S

singularity

Ever After, wow, clearly dealing with an intellectual here. Once I've brushed up on my ebonics, Mr. T, I'll address your broken logic.

S

singularity

I'm not sure what hurts worse, your spelling or your logic.

$1400 for 360 watts isn't pure love, it's pure stupid. I've got 800 watts with a superior by far spectrum, the same heat advantages, and it cost me less than $400. Lifespan will be just as good as any that you can hope to actually realize. Oh, I actually get coverage too.

You'll have to forgive me for not being up to speed on the cutting edge gimmickery from Kessil. Certain aspects of their first design were, in a way, more intelligent, but they ripped people off in not including the light mover and in not telling them it needed to be cooled. The newer model that you linked to will be better at first, until that little piece of shit fan gets caked up with dust and then it won't be worth shit.

That idiot you linked to can't even explain the purpose of the vapor chamber. It's to reduce "spreading resistance", and so diminish the "hot spot" by more rapidly distributing the heat over a larger area, which is still ultimately fully reliant on the fan for removal. So it's a bit of a trade off from what they had before, and it is also a total departure from prior marketing which was to offer the ultimate in robustness, as the fan is an obvious point of failure that they didn't have before, and so is the vapor chamber, that's probably produced in a chinese sweat shop, so feel that love.

It's also a bit of an admission that their big bad patent on resolving cooling issues, maybe when compared to a 5mm LED, isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

The heatsink is not "best in the _business_", it's just a heatsink. What you're talking about is the cooling solution, which is the combination of sink, vapor chamber and fan, and it is by necessity, and definition, one of compromise.

If you run out and spend that much money on this light for components of its design or implementation that you scarcely understand enough to truly appreciate, let it be known that you're burning your money on the bling of high fashion of the very best marketing can offer.

Making a video doesn't say a damn thing for the quality of their product. The engineering of it speaks volumes where their marketing is background noise, and companies that try and market their bullshit by talking about how warm and fuzzy it makes you feel to hold it in your hand need to go and fuck themselves.

Of course in the LED grow light game there are even worse cons out there than kessil. But that sad reality doesn't make kessil a stellar example of quality engineering or truth in marketing, and it sure as fuck doesn't make what they're selling worth the asking price.

Otherwise, it's great that you "feel" like you got your money's worth buying all these crap because it makes your plants dance and be hip and cool like in ipod commercials.

The fact of the matter is, I should hope that an "led growing subforum", unlike some other forums that allow advertising dollars to pollute the truth, would actually be focused on quality information on how to grow with them, make the best of them, and actually understand them, than it would be to ego stroke whatever manufacturer du jour lies best based on our "Feelings" and how well their marketing resonates with them. Otherwise I'm just insulting the religion of a bunch of goofs that can hardly put a sentence together.

S

singularity

As for the sun/HPS putting off heat--most of this is energy not used by plants--in fact the plants expend a good amount of energy trying to protect themselves from those particular rays.

As was said, in theory LED should outperform HPS--one day it's fairly assured that it will (or that something else with little/no heat output will do the same).

The heat really is wasted energy for the most part (some of it IS used, in the interest of being complete--but it's a really small amount and under a process we don't fully understand, especially in cannabis).

I pretty much agree with you. Radiant energy (radiant heating) is not pivotal to growing.

Dealing with the radiant heating of an HPS is more problematic than beneficial, often requiring cool tubes and shielding, especially where the risk of FLIR detection exists.

That heating is also a factor in the requirement of an HPS having to be distanced from the canopy in order to avoid burning them, which of course wastes a lot of their output.

Plants are known to actually use some near infra red and in certain ratios at certain times in a number of plant signaling reactions, including the shading/stretch response and in the production of flowering hormones.

Most LED light manufacturers are just concerned with having products filling the market and don't do their homework in that area.

The heating also helps with transpiration, which is important. But there's also radiant heating from higher frequency wavelengths as they're absorbed and degraded, then reflected or transmitted at a lower wavelength. The energy they lost is dropped as heat in the plant and that will help transpiration as well.

While reduced transpiration doesn't seem to have materialized as an actual problem in practice, it is certainly worthy of investigation in controlled experiments. I'll hold my breath while Kessil gets right on that.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Imo distancing the intense light farther from the canopy just creates a bigger canopy since it's spread out the light, enabling a larger coverage with the HPS
Good info Singularity! I agree it'll prob be the lighting of the future for cannabis or the plasma lighting or something else, but for now the HPS kills it!
I'm aware that the heat is a loss of conversion of energy but I was trying to make the point that the intensity of the LED doesn't seem to cover much area and all...and that creates some gnarly cost...

Ever after

Ever after

Dont diss people on thc farmer i dont have broken logic i have cancer you jerk and i have many other problems you ass hole talking about CMH and hid lights in a thread about leds your wasting my life you jerk stop dissing people and get out of this thread or honestly if a mod could just ban this guy that would be great hes a freakin trouble maker and i just dont think anyone has time for that bs the diamond series LEDS LOOK VERY NICE AND PUTTTING THAT POST UP AND YOU SHITTING ALL OVER THAT WAS NOT NICE AT ALL

singularity your just starving for attention go some place else I was very proud of that post on this new led and you are not supposed to come in to a productive thread and ruin it. HID lamps have been around for ever WE KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO DUH MOVE ON

LEDhead

LEDhead

^^that's what's up^^
So you like the diamond series? I seen these too but people say some bad stuff about the cammie person who ever he/she is

Top Bottom