LED Suggestions

• Thread starter SSC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSC

Ok guys. I thought I would go ahead and show what I am starting. I just got my new Solaro Sun Clone light in a few days ago!! This is a next Gen. light they have out now I guess. Bad Ass! Anyways, my room is 80"x80" and I am running 4 plants. (2- SD, 1- G13 and 1 Aggr. Kush) These babies are clones and have been in veg for 2 days now. The tray is 4x4 and I am almost starting to think I can throw at least a few more plants in here. I am using Happy Frog soil. So I am pumped to see final results from my own grow. My buddy is also starting another but he got one more light and growing way more plants. So since I got alot of flack on this site, this will be my final post on this grow. I hope one day other people will get to try out what I have and really see these results in person! Good luck.

6 17 2011 001

6 17 2011 002

6 17 2011 003

6 17 2011 004

T

themeangreen

Can anyone tell me what those purple circles at the bottom of the buckets in the tray are?

T

themeangreen

Ok guys. I thought I would go ahead and show what I am starting. I just got my new Solaro Sun Clone light in a few days ago!! This is a next Gen. light they have out now I guess. Bad Ass! Anyways, my room is 80"x80" and I am running 4 plants. (2- SD, 1- G13 and 1 Aggr. Kush) These babies are clones and have been in veg for 2 days now. The tray is 4x4 and I am almost starting to think I can throw at least a few more plants in here. I am using Happy Frog soil. So I am pumped to see final results from my own grow. My buddy is also starting another but he got one more light and growing way more plants. So since I got alot of flack on this site, this will be my final post on this grow. I hope one day other people will get to try out what I have and really see these results in person! Good luck.

View attachment 153636

View attachment 153637

View attachment 153638

View attachment 153639

You can do what you want, but right now you're the only person on the web with "pictures" which is why people are spectacle. not to mention no effort put into a website (usually when internet is your only marketing and sales tool you tend to put a bit more effort then black background with green and yellow font) if the company could update their site and provide more information of their product as opposed to the products they use itd be more helpful.

Just curious why the tray and plants still have colour though? Every LED grow ive seen when the lights are running everything takes on a purplish hue, the plants in your tray and the tray itself still seem extremely green and white...or is the light concentrated in the purple circles around the buckets?

S

SSC

You can do what you want, but right now you're the only person on the web with "pictures" which is why people are spectacle. not to mention no effort put into a website (usually when internet is your only marketing and sales tool you tend to put a bit more effort then black background with green and yellow font) if the company could update their site and provide more information of their product as opposed to the products they use itd be more helpful.

Just curious why the tray and plants still have colour though? Every LED grow ive seen when the lights are running everything takes on a purplish hue, the plants in your tray and the tray itself still seem extremely green and white...or is the light concentrated in the purple circles around the buckets?

Ok I will do my best to answer the first part of your question. IMO, all you would have to do is call improvedled yourself and ask them. When I ordered my light I asked them alot of questions and here is what I can tell you. Solaro is the manufacturer of the light. Improvedled is the dealer for them. They said the light itself is a new product but Solaro themselves has been around for like 25 years. They told me the site was put together real quick so the light can get out there for people to see. He then told me to look at the front page and it says Under Construction. So They are in the process of having a new site I guess??

As far as my pics, the plants still have color because of the bright ass white light in the center of the fixture. Its so fricken bright you really cant even look at it. As far as the purple circles, that is the shadows from the buckets. When I first saw that I had to think about it also. The reason that happens is because the white light is in the center and the reds/blues are on the outer edge. You didnt notice thise before in the other pics from my buddy because he has their 1st gen. light. It did not have a white LED in it. So this one has it thats why you notice different color tones! All I can say is that I am extremly impressed with this light and I am probably the only one talking about it because it is so new. I am sure more peps will start popping up soon.

BTW, I dont know if you look at other sites but I saw where a guy made his own LED light using Osram LED's. He did a sample grow and he is extremly impressed on his results also. Far beyond anything he has ever had before. So maybe it is all in using the correct LED in the light to have huge results? I dont know but I cant wait to see my shit flourish!!!

R

Rabbit

Don't know how you could go wrong with the Blackstar 500 or the Magnum 357.

Z

Zombee

I used HGL 126W's and still have a 63w, now I own 2 GLH (2011 first release) 300W (pull 395W each). A new LED company wants me to buy their 300W at a decent discount, then do a side-by-side vs. the GLH. I would like to do it, but so many forums are now 'competitive' with their sponsors, and getting into bullshit banning and stuff, I may NOT do it.

Do I want the best light to grow my legal meds? Sure!
Do I want drama and cliques and banning and forum wars? No!

I'll probably just eat the full cost, decide for myself and not bother with a side-by-side just to bring glory to Company A over Company B. I like the lights I have, they work, they're proven.

Just my two cents'.

Peace.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
I has a whole bunch of pics posted on here from the whole grow. Now they are gone?? I dont know what happened to them???

all photos posted incorrectly at the farm will be removed.

please see the link in my sig line for how to correctly post images.

Papa

S

sam84

BTW, I dont know if you look at other sites but I saw where a guy made his own LED light using Osram LED's. He did a sample grow and he is extremly impressed on his results also. Far beyond anything he has ever had before. So maybe it is all in using the correct LED in the light to have huge results? I dont know but I cant wait to see my shit flourish!!!

any updates on your light? how did the grow go? really interested in buyin one of these just can't find much info on them still

N

ninjahippy

New LED lights

hey guys,
I was just browsing thru the web for more LED light sources out of boredem and bumped into earthled.com's grow section. Funny thing is, I have purchased LED lights from them in the past, but just for house light bulbs. I wasnt even aware they had grow lights at all. They have small growcubes lights that range from 14-45 watts. Anyways, their little led spotlights caught my eye. They have different models with different colors with a base price of $53.99. What do you guys think? any good? Heres a link: http://earthled.com/growled-led-grow-lights.html

S

sam84

had a look ninja and personaly I think those won't work well, they don't say what diodes they use but they obviously are cheap. i thought the correct wavelengths were 455nm for blue and 660nm for red too

N

ninjahippy

Gotcha, just curious. I hear the Kessil H350 is pretty efficient as a spotlight, but then again its very costly

had a look ninja and personaly I think those won't work well, they don't say what diodes they use but they obviously are cheap. i thought the correct wavelengths were 455nm for blue and 660nm for red too

Top Bottom