LED Suggestions

• Thread starter SSC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

themeangreen

IMO everything you post is just for Osram's product. There's nothing on the website about their actually grow light as a whole product. Everything they quote or link to is just about Osram's studies on LEDs nothing actually specified for Solaro Sun Clone. It doesn't say we tested the Solaro Sun Clone and it out grew every other LED on the market. Its just that we use Osram's LEDs so our product is better than everyone else.

The only link that works is for the information on Osram's product, any of the links for fliers, or warranty, or studies don't work...

S

Slips

You think the website looks cool? No offence, but it looks like a 5year old designed it.

I may be outta line being a new member here and everything, but its better to be safe than sorry. and id just like to highly urge anyone looking into Solaro Sun Clone to turn the other way. ive found out the website was created April 01,2011..so unless SSC's buddy is the owner I find it highly unprobably that someone saw a new website and dropped $1300 right after a website was created.

Its near the bottom theres a creation date and expiration date...

There's nothing on their website that's an actual test grow or anything from them, its just the information on Osram's LEDs posted to their site.

Also there's no information on these lights or company anywhere. The only grow results or information out there is what SSC provided...i also just find it a little strange that someone starts a thread about how other LEDs compare, yet whenever anyone has something to say about another brand he just bashes it??

Im just saying, id wait for a few more reviews before dropping $1300 on it, no???

I agree, I would never buy the sun clone; why based on the cost of the OSRAM led's there lights should be about half the cost or more ... I also think ssc has some affiliation with them just for the fact he against building your own DIY osram led lights for less $. Overall I'm great-full for getting informed about the osram leds but hope improvedled.com FAILS or lowers there product to an acceptable price and shows more pictures and internal info about there product.

T

themeangreen

I agree, I would never buy the sun clone; why based on the cost of the OSRAM led's there light should be about half the cost ... I also think ssc has some affiliation with them just for the fact he against DIY of building your own osram led lights for less $. Overall I'm great-full for getting informed about the osram leds but hope improvedled.com FAILS or lowers there product to an acceptable price and shows more pictures and internal info about there product.

I read on another forum about a grower making a 175w (or around there i believe) using Osram's LEDs and cost $800, they said it would have only cost $500 if they bought a larger quantity of LEDs. I'm sure though for a company manufacturing them it'd be cheaper than that so if they are legit that's quite a markup.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sharing is not the problem here

Wow. unbelievable. I have no problem not sharing anymore info about this product on here anymore. I felt like I was doing a good thing here about possablity finding a good LED light out there and was just wanting people to know about it. So if its a problem just let me know and I will keep what I find to myself.

spamming is the problem - in just a few minutes I found all these:

The best lighting source will be LED. No heat. Doesnt cost hardly anything to operate! By buddy has used lots of different LED's out there and none of them really performed the way they stated. He did find one at www.improvedled.com and it uses a type of LED's that nobody else uses. He has two weeks left on his grow and he is just blown away on the results. He is growing 6 plants under it and they are all buding huge and buds are super dense! He said he will be buying more of these lights once this grow is done!! Good luck!

How are your blackstars doing? Do you have any pics? I dont want to sound like a broken record but my buddy bought a Sun Clone. He has tried other LED lights and he said this one produces buds like no other! I believe the blackstar uses LED's and the Sun Clone uses semi opto-conductor's. I have been doing alot of research myself and I am in the process of buying these lights too! They said these are more of a commercial grade light so they are not cheap BUT you get what you pay for. I hope this may help you. Oh ya you can find the lights here- www.improvedled.com

15 spectrums??? Where's the technology behind that??? Might as well just be an all white LED light?? Where is blackdog made? China, just like all the rest of them? I'm not bashing but I have done alot of research and alot of these LED companies just use this BS of spectrums, uv and ir for all advertising hype. Every plant on the earth mostly uses red and blue spectrumes. Anything else is hardly used! Just google chlorophyll and check out the biology of a plant! This is why I feel the Sun Clone is the best on the market today. Lots of research as been done on the design of this light unlike these Chinese brands. Check it out at [URL="http://www.improvedled.com"]www.improvedled.com[/URL]

Yes!!! Just flower not veg though. Using same light schedule as HPS. All six plants under 1 of these lights!!! I am going to be buying a couple in a few weeks too!!! You can find them here. www.improvedled.com I will be posting final pics of plants along with what total weight is and how good the smoke is also!!!

Ya you can find the specs on their website. www.improvedled.com If I remember right I think it has 60 red and 20 blue with one 20 watt white LED. So you found another place that has these?? Cool where at?? Do they use those Osram semi opto-conductors in them? I have done alot of research on LED lights and I have not found anyother manufacturer that uses Osram LED's.

Ok here is my suggestion. I started another thread about this on the LED side. If you want to save alot of money upfront such as a/c, ballast, fans, ducting, electrical panel upgrades and wiring. Plus your monthly expense then I would look into real good LED lights. I have done alot of homework on LED and I have found this one called Solaro Sun Clone seems to be the best. This is my opinion. I have a buddy trying one and I will be getting some too. There are pics on my thread. I also heard that commercial growers in California (California Cartel) Is interested is this light also!! This is just my 2 cents. I hope it helps you out. You can find that light here. www.improvedled.com Good luck!!

and Im obviously not the only person noticing this - I am giving you the benefit of the doubt - please dont make me regret it

S

Slips

I read on another forum about a grower making a 175w (or around there i believe) using Osram's LEDs and cost $800, they said it would have only cost $500 if they bought a larger quantity of LEDs. I'm sure though for a company manufacturing them it'd be cheaper than that so if they are legit that's quite a markup.

Sounds about right I'm building a 200 watt one and is coming out to 700 total

$3.5 a watt

Solaro Sun Clone 12" Grow Light
Reg. Price:
$899.00
Sale Price:
$699.00
15 red osram leds 5 blue

$43 a watt
just for the red
$35 a watt if you include the blue

worse than I thought ....

S

SSC

Well sorry guys for even bringing this light up to everybody. I am no engineer so even if I was to be able to buy those LED's I wouldnt be able to make my own. Dont ask me why the price is what it is. I dont know? I wish it was lower also! As far as me putting out their website, yes I notice I have posted it alot but thats just because I was under the impression nobody knew about it. I am just trying to help everybody out. I have noticed on other threads that people post websites all the time so I didnt think it was a big deal. As far as Osram, I was pretty much asking people if they have heard anything about them and telling people what I have learned about them because no other light was using them. So I found that odd? I would also like to see if other people have sample grows with this light but I am sure it will be awhile since it is a new light. So I dont mind to keep sharing but if I am going to keep getting drilled about this shit then I will just stop.

F

Field of Beans

There's a guy on another website who built an LED panel with Osram LEDs and it looks almost exactly like this Sun Clone. He couldn't believe anyone else was using high quality LEDs. However; the Sun Clone uses the entry level or cheapest line of Osram LEDs. He also relayed that this would be the only light worth looking at. His discrepancy was that, he was able to create a 175w Osram LED panel for around $600 bucks. These panels have a 100 percent mark up and a website with errors in spelling and just looks whipped together. I also find it a little odd that the only one boasting about these lights is from a guy with the user name SSC and when broken down =Solaro Sun Clone. There is no way one of these lights will effectively cover an area 6x6 and produce. I think this company is on to something but at 140w that's just not enough juice to cover 6x6. I'd say this light should be no more than $800 tops. Talk about fleecing the grower..

Edit: Just read the previous posts, and reiterated what was said.

S

SSC

In regards to another guy building a light with Osram led's, great could you tell me where? That is what I was trying to find out from the get go. As far as total price, I would assume that there are additional cost to have a complete fixture built besides just the cost of the LED's themselves. And I know for a fact that this light covers a 6x6 area. I have seen it and I posted pics with a tape measure across the plants to prove it. My friend pulled the plants this weekend and is trimming them and drying out. He is taking pics along the way. After total weight is determined by this weekend I will post all the final pics of this grow for everybody that is interested. After that I think I will just keep all my investigating and testing to myself.

H

Hasbro

Just throwing this page into the mix:

The Haight lights look pretty interesting, 5w and 6w leds.

I think we are in the cassette era of led progress. In 2 -5 years there will be some really good stuff available.

T

themeangreen

I thought changes in power altered the spectrum the LEDs give off? I could be wrong though..Defineatly seems to be the thinnest I've seen at only an 1", do you know if it has any fans in it?

F

Field of Beans

I thought changes in power altered the spectrum the LEDs give off? I could be wrong though..Defineatly seems to be the thinnest I've seen at only an 1", do you know if it has any fans in it?

It has no fans, a guy over at RIU runs them and they were far from impressive. Overpriced and didn't produce like I thought they would.

Edit: As a matter a fact, he's trying to unload the two bought after only running a couple of cycles.

S

SSC

Give me a couple more days guys. I will have final pics and total weight for everybody.

S

SSC

Ok guys! Here are the final pics and weights!!! Total yeild from 6 plants in a 6x6 area under this ONE light was 1lb 2oz. So that comes to 3.6 grams per watt!! (Thats not including about 2 oz that he gave out to a bunch of people to try!) Enjoy!

Oh ya and sorry for some of the blurry pics. I think his camera sucks!

6 13 2011 001

6 13 2011 002

6 13 2011 003

6 13 2011 008

6 13 2011 009

6 13 2011 010

6 13 2011 011

6 13 2011 012

6 13 2011 013

6 13 2011 020

S

SSC

guess we don't have any photo's of the 6 under one light huh?

impressive ..

I has a whole bunch of pics posted on here from the whole grow. Now they are gone?? I dont know what happened to them???

S

SSC

it said edited by....oh well it happens when one does not own the site

were there photo's of this grow you just mentioned?

been following leds for quite awhile

your final weight was awesome

it says on the website the Sunclone is 140w and uses osram 3w.

expensive but if it covers the area and does what you say

it sounds dang promising

would be great to try for a single tree grow if it covers even 4x4

then there are the 240w 285$ chinese 3w on ebay

Yes the photos were of this grow. And I beleive that the LED's are 1 watt not 3. A couple of the pics I had on here was with a tape measure going across the plants to prove that they were in a 6x6 area. So I know that it works and the price doesnt seem bad since if you go with another brand you would need 3-4 of those to match just this one. Then if you do that, factor in you total wattage for those vs just this one. Much more effcient! One more thing, the quality of these buds is off the hook!!

T

THEGOUCH420

Hello all, So i was wondering is it better to spread out your coverage area with say four ufo's or just buy one higher watt unit?

T

themeangreen

Hello all, So i was wondering is it better to spread out your coverage area with say four ufo's or just buy one higher watt unit?

Spread out, you'll have light hitting the plants from multiple directions..

I thought 1W led's were pretty useless for penetration which is why manufactures were switching to 3Ws now...how tall were your friends plants? and you said even the lowest branches that would normally be popcorn buds grew bomb?

R

recreationaluse

total weight 1lb 2oz for 6 plants. How longwere these plants vegged for? cant remember if you mentioned but that is evidence of bad genetics, bad grow conditions, or ultimately ,which is what i believe, poor penetration. i ran a blackstar 240 which i cant remember what company claims for sq/ft coverage but i already knew that it was exagerated. i used a strain that stays compact(no side branching) to make use as best as possible of the 2x2 target area i decided to stay in(ended up more like 2'5"x2'3"). i placed two rows of 3 containers under the blackstar and because i was using a strain that stays compact i took the outside 4 plants and just slightly lst them inward towards center(i have big square pots. i lst the 4 corner plants inward to center to get all colas closer together and under more light) long story short i just chopped will be bout 2 or 3 more days before rough dry weight but it is looking promising. one thing i will say they finished 7 days earlier than under hps. BY LOOKS I BELIEVE PLANTS WILL BE IDENTICAL IN YEILD but i should mention these 6 plants came from a batch that was vegged 10 days longer than normal. so once again not knowing strain, conditions, i believe there was not enough penetration to help those lower buds fully form.

R

recreationaluse

i have not used veg model blackstars and do not use or recommend flower models to veg with. yield comparison was 6 under blackstar to 16 under 600 watt hps all using 1x1 square pots. // mine averaged 10 inches off canopy(thats why i did minor lst).on the outside parts of the outside plants you could see were there was almost no light hitting plant. it did not seem to bother them

Top Bottom