LED Suggestions

• Thread starter SSC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I dont know if this has been said or not because I didnt have time to read the entire thread as I am on my way out the door. I have a 240 watt blackstar led and I am not impressed. It is collecting dust atm but I may give it to a patient of mine who is trying to learn how to grow. I am sure that LED's will take over eventually but untill they improve I will stick to HIDs. I do think it is awesome that you guys are putting up your hard earned coin in order to bring the industry forward and I appreciate it! Keep up the good work!

F

Field of Beans

I dont know if this has been said or not because I didnt have time to read the entire thread as I am on my way out the door. I have a 240 watt blackstar led and I am not impressed. It is collecting dust atm but I may give it to a patient of mine who is trying to learn how to grow. I am sure that LED's will take over eventually but untill they improve I will stick to HIDs. I do think it is awesome that you guys are putting up your hard earned coin in order to bring the industry forward and I appreciate it! Keep up the good work!

Could you elaborate a little when you get a chance as these Blackstars get good reviews. If your growing more than two plants under that light it will not produce. I know the core coverage is about 2.5x2.5 which isn't great.

S

SSC

Hey guys. I will have more pics tomorrow for everybody! Just got off phone with my buddy and he is pumped! I cant wait to see them. I have not tried this blackstar light you guys are talking about. I have been noticing that most of the LED lights out there only do a small footprint. Thats not good at all IMO. Even if the light did do good you would need a shit load of them for a large room. Like I said before, this ONE Sun Clone light is doing about a 6X6 area! What would you need 4-6 of those blackstars for that size of area? And how much are they a piece? Anyway, I know everybody is going to be exciting about this light like I am and my friend. I will keep suppling pics as they come. Once I get my light in I will start a new thread for a complete grow test. My buddy is an older guy and doesnt know how to do this forum stuff. But he did say that if anybody has any questions on what he is doing or wants just wants more detailed info, he would be more than happy to talk by email. So if anybody wants to PM me then I will give you his email that way. C YA soon!!!

M

Mactabak

Well i cant say that they dont work, but Im a bit concerned that the buds are a touch thin! It might be the strain your friend is growing??

S

SSC

Well i cant say that they dont work, but Im a bit concerned that the buds are a touch thin! It might be the strain your friend is growing??

Yes I agree. The strain he is running is aliitle old. He is going to start a brand new one next cycle. I am interested to see what the final buds look like when he trims. You know they swell up a day or 2 right before you pull your plants. But this bud isnt bad for being the very bottom of plant! Im impressed with that.

H

Hasbro

Why didn't he use the LED for veg?

Is he considering getting another LED for next time?

S

SSC

Why didn't he use the LED for veg?

Is he considering getting another LED for next time?

He actually got this light right at the end of his veg cycle. He will be using it for veg on next cycle. Yes he is buying more lights to set up more rooms. He said he has saved a shit load of money on electricity on this grow so now he can afford to run more rooms!

S

sarahwilson

Spectra LED 600w is better for about 3-4 plants. I really like the looks of these with the 3w LEDs and the 12 wavelengths of light. In my opinion 3 to 4 plants you'll have better coverage with 2 x 180w panels instead of a single 290w.

T

themeangreen

If you look at the picture of the actual light setup there's 4 seperate units in there not one 24"x24" model...is this just me or has anybody else noticed this?

Also, not that id base a purchase solely on this, but defineatly plays a part...is that there website is a mess, its just really unorganized and theyve got shit pasted everywhere. just makes you wonder what the service and other things would be like when they cant even take the time to hire a web designer...

S

SSC

Sarahwilson- Im alittle confused? What does the spectra light have to do with this thread?? And since you bring it up, you should do some more homework on those 12 wavelengths. I have already discussed this before. All I have to say is that is way off base!!!

Themeangreen- I have seen the light myself. That is how they group their LEDs in the fixture. The entire size is 24x24. I guess its their enginering design for good spread? As far as the website, Im no webmaster or anything like that but I think their website looks pretty cool! Alot different then anybody elses out there. I found some good information and proven studies from Osram on there. I went back and looked at other Led websites and I cant find ONE that shows the brand of LED's they use in their light with proven studies. So IMO that shows me that they have nothing to hide. Everything is on the table.
So for me, between these studies from Osram and my buddy testing the light on a grow, I am sold. I have talked to improvedled a few times and they seem very nice and know what they are talking about. They did stress to me that because they are so confident in their light that they not only give a 10 year warranty but within 90 days you can get all your money back if it dont work good for you! They are right in California so it wont be hard to return if needed unlike those Chinese ones. Shit they even have a warranty certificate you get with their light or you can print it off their website! I havent seen that before!
One more note, my buddy is trimming his plants this weekend so I should have final pics from him next week! Cant wait!

sour power

sour power

Hold on am I hearing things right?do these lights really yeild bud like a hps or is it hype?not trying to start nothing but last I heard led lights don't perform as well as hid and hps.I would buy one in a heart beat but how many led lights is equivalent to 5 hps?and will it really yeild better?

T

themeangreen

You think the website looks cool? No offence, but it looks like a 5year old designed it.

I may be outta line being a new member here and everything, but its better to be safe than sorry. and id just like to highly urge anyone looking into Solaro Sun Clone to turn the other way. ive found out the website was created April 01,2011..so unless SSC's buddy is the owner I find it highly unprobably that someone saw a new website and dropped $1300 right after a website was created.

Its near the bottom theres a creation date and expiration date...

There's nothing on their website that's an actual test grow or anything from them, its just the information on Osram's LEDs posted to their site.

Also there's no information on these lights or company anywhere. The only grow results or information out there is what SSC provided...i also just find it a little strange that someone starts a thread about how other LEDs compare, yet whenever anyone has something to say about another brand he just bashes it??

Im just saying, id wait for a few more reviews before dropping $1300 on it, no???

S

SSC

Hold on am I hearing things right?do these lights really yeild bud like a hps or is it hype?not trying to start nothing but last I heard led lights don't perform as well as hid and hps.I would buy one in a heart beat but how many led lights is equivalent to 5 hps?and will it really yeild better?

I know its hard to believe! But even if it does the same yeild then I would still buy them. Cause then you can grow them cheaper. I think that is the main differance between regular LED's and semi opto-conductors??? But as far as better quality, we are seeing way better crystals forming, greener plant and bigger root ball then our hps grows. So IMO that can only mean one thing, better quality right. I will let you guys know next week once we gets these babies trimmed, dried and smoke them!! Ya buddy!

S

SSC

You think the website looks cool? No offence, but it looks like a 5year old designed it.

I may be outta line being a new member here and everything, but its better to be safe than sorry. and id just like to highly urge anyone looking into Solaro Sun Clone to turn the other way. ive found out the website was created April 01,2011..so unless SSC's buddy is the owner I find it highly unprobably that someone saw a new website and dropped $1300 right after a website was created.

There's nothing on their website that's an actual test grow or anything from them, its just the information on Osram's LEDs posted to their site.

Also there's no information on these lights or company anywhere. The only grow results or information out there is what SSC provided...i also just find it a little strange that someone starts a thread about how other LEDs compare, yet whenever anyone has something to say about another brand he just bashes it??

Im just saying, id wait for a few more reviews before dropping $1300 on it, no???

Wow dude. Are you trying to make a case hear or something. Is there something wrong with my friend getting the light right when it came out? I have no idea when that company started their website and I started this thread after my friend got his light. Plus, so what if they just created their website? Do you work for one of these LED companies or something? I dont bash other LED lights either. I just make educated statements based on my OWN homework that I have done on all products. So Im not going to say anymore but everyone can make their own decision. This is a REAL test grow and real people. So please dont come in here and try to turn this thing around.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter

thats a good call really man - your not out of line at all

it has seemed pretty obvious to me that SSC has some kind of stake in this company

if the website spamming continues I will take appropriate actions

S

SSC

Wow. unbelievable. I have no problem not sharing anymore info about this product on here anymore. I felt like I was doing a good thing here about possablity finding a good LED light out there and was just wanting people to know about it. So if its a problem just let me know and I will keep what I find to myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom