Legit experienced growers enter here.

• Thread starter ACSippi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
It's unfortunate to see that this thread has become so popular for the reasons it has. I'm not sure how much any of this bickering is helping anybody at this point.

There's a lot of information out there. An excellent way to learn is from people that have done it successfully in the past. Try it for yourself, learn from mistakes, get better over time.

The plants need light, water, and nutrients to thrive. There are many different ways to achieve an excellent result. K.I.S.S.

ACSippi

ACSippi

I knew it would be difficult, rufflin feathers and whatnot. Not gonna stop me tho. In the end things will settle down and people will understand how I'm going about this. I'm glad I got support from mods and others, even the guys that contacted me privatly to encourage and thank me. I've thought this out over the past week and came up with ideas that have come from all this (not so much) chaos lol.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I knew it would be difficult, rufflin feathers and whatnot. Not gonna stop me tho. In the end things will settle down and people will understand how I'm going about this. I'm glad I got support from mods and others, even the guys that contacted me privatly to encourage and thank me. I've thought this out over the past week and came up with ideas that have come from all this (not so much) chaos lol.
Hey man, bring on the discussion, when no one argues that means your in a cult 😂
Can't blindy follow each other, pushback is good!!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
It's unfortunate to see that this thread has become so popular for the reasons it has. I'm not sure how much any of this bickering is helping anybody at this point.

There's a lot of information out there. An excellent way to learn is from people that have done it successfully in the past. Try it for yourself, learn from mistakes, get better over time.

The plants need light, water, and nutrients to thrive. There are many different ways to achieve an excellent result. K.I.S.S.
I think a bunch of stoners go to recent posts and jump in not knowing what it is for. Just carry on 🤷‍♂️

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

can't say for flowering as i never get below 40% with plant tanspiration in my crowded sog set up espcially at night when light is off.

but for seedling, veg, and 4 first flowering weeks of stretch.

i never noticed a difference in growth with plant having 20%rh, 40-50rh or up to 70% rh

to me proper watering pratice and proper wet dry cycle for soil will make it that the plant will always find enough water it need regardless ambient rh.

wich also imply that having a vigorous and healthy growth the first few weeks isn't that much linked to rh ...
It is interesting to hear that this may be one of the few plants in the known world that the stomata are not affected by low rh.

Thanks for the information gentlemen

Choppr

Choppr

Ive been growing since the late 70's, I swear Ive seen and heard it all! I am now and will always be amazed by the Cannabis Plant, I have seen her survive the Wars brought against her and her Enlightenment in Modernity, years ago as a med grower I have seen her bring Peace to many Afflicted with PTSD, Cancer Treatment and other Medical Conditions, I was taught to grow by my Uncle who survived Vietnam and to him Cannabis was life saving, My early love of this Plant is mostly because of him. (rip Uncle Al)
As far as Cultivators go? There are many that dont understand the Cannabis Plant and the basic taxonomy from biological point of view. All modern Cannabis Seeds on the Market come from Hybridization of many different Landrace Strains. Cannabis has survived the Millenia's from many different Geolocations, ie. southest asia, India sub continent and middle eastern, latin america, africa,(and more) these regions range from dry, arid, low humidity, high humidity, wet, cold, snow, equatorial, Mountains, Deserts and Valleys- Cannabis has all of this built into her DNA, they can grow in almost any environment, and Cannabis is a Master of Adaptation! she knows more than we do!
How you care for your plants nutritionally, water quality, pH and watering habits are the Important parts, she knows what to do, in almost any environment.

I also see many threads about where's the skunk? or where's the weed of yesterday? When mass produced seed is grown in water, coco or potted soil as fast as they can mass produce it, eventually you will loose what came from the Earth Soils and frequencies, when I 1st started growing '77 we grew sungrown, in the ground and everything was grown in (shit) - Manure, Blood / Bone Meals and highly Composted soils. Best way to get back to that old school is "Landrace Seed and Earthen Soils" and "Praise be to Jah"

(I have experience is it legit? i dont know? at 60yrs old I know that i am no expert at anything!)

B

Bdubs

can't say for flowering as i never get below 40% with plant tanspiration in my crowded sog set up espcially at night when light is off.

but for seedling, veg, and 4 first flowering weeks of stretch.

i never noticed a difference in growth with plant having 20%rh, 40-50rh or up to 70% rh

to me proper watering pratice and proper wet dry cycle for soil will make it that the plant will always find enough water it need regardless ambient rh.

wich also imply that having a vigorous and healthy growth the first few weeks isn't that much linked to rh ...
I just did a low humidity grow the entire time. It makes a difference trust me. You won’t notice until you harvest and chop your stems. You will have hollow, thin water cell walls. So you transport everything slower. You may not see it because she will survive but it has a direct impact, internally.

B

Bdubs

I just did a low humidity grow the entire time. It makes a difference trust me. You won’t notice until you harvest and chop your stems. You will have hollow, thin water cell walls. So you transport everything slower. You may not see it because she will survive but it has a direct impact, internally.
The results are smaller buds. Imagine a human taking in a lot of salt and less water. Skinny malnutrition individual. Small overall in size. That’s what you are doing in low humidity.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ive been growing since the late 70's, I swear Ive seen and heard it all! I am now and will always be amazed by the Cannabis Plant, I have seen her survive the Wars brought against her and her Enlightenment in Modernity, years ago as a med grower I have seen her bring Peace to many Afflicted with PTSD, Cancer Treatment and other Medical Conditions, I was taught to grow by my Uncle who survived Vietnam and to him Cannabis was life saving, My early love of this Plant is mostly because of him. (rip Uncle Al)
As far as Cultivators go? There are many that dont understand the Cannabis Plant and the basic taxonomy from biological point of view. All modern Cannabis Seeds on the Market come from Hybridization of many different Landrace Strains. Cannabis has survived the Millenia's from many different Geolocations, ie. southest asia, India sub continent and middle eastern, latin america, africa,(and more) these regions range from dry, arid, low humidity, high humidity, wet, cold, snow, equatorial, Mountains, Deserts and Valleys- Cannabis has all of this built into her DNA, they can grow in almost any environment, and Cannabis is a Master of Adaptation! she knows more than we do!
How you care for your plants nutritionally, water quality, pH and watering habits are the Important parts, she knows what to do, in almost any environment.

I also see many threads about where's the skunk? or where's the weed of yesterday? When mass produced seed is grown in water, coco or potted soil as fast as they can mass produce it, eventually you will loose what came from the Earth Soils and frequencies, when I 1st started growing '77 we grew sungrown, in the ground and everything was grown in (shit) - Manure, Blood / Bone Meals and highly Composted soils. Best way to get back to that old school is "Landrace Seed and Earthen Soils" and "Praise be to Jah"

(I have experience is it legit? i dont know? at 60yrs old I know that i am no expert at anything!)
, I was taught to grow by my Uncle who survived Vietnam and to him Cannabis was life saving
We have the same uncle life experience.
Vietnam vet, marijuana farmer my roll model!
He’s still here, every day we visit😃

R.I.P uncle John!!
377F0A7B 21F0 4D64 9331 1C74991C27BD

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It is interesting to hear that this may be one of the few plants in the known world that the stomata are not affected by low rh.
I doubt that's true. There's plentiful evidence to the contrary.

These plants, like all living things, must adapt to their environment. The adaptation process begins early in their lives, as the young plants learn and adjust to their environment, establishing growth patterns that potentially could endure throughout their lives.

Plants adjust their transpiration rate. Transpiration rate describes the quantity of water and nutrients that reach the upper part of the plant. Thus, lower humidity (and, inversely, higher VPD) would increase transpiration rate as the plant adapts to the low humidity. This increased flow of water and nutrients increases the plant's growth rate. So, low humidity can indeed produce favorable results. Within limits, the grower can manipulate the growth rate of plants by manipulating the VPD.

It's likely that a plant could adapt to non-optimal conditions presuming those conditions are within the plant's ability to adapt. Arguably, however, the grower's desires might be better met by limiting the degree to which the plant is forced to adapt, keeping in mind that life stage affects what is optimal.

Cannabis is a Master of Adaptation!
Adaptation theory, which is also known as survival of the fittest, describes an organism's ability to adapt to changes in its environment over time. So, it's better to think of it as survival of the adaptable. Failure to adapt as environmental conditions change leads to extinction.

All plants that grow from roots in the ground must be adaptable. The reason is they can't move. This is unlike animals that can move to find what they need to survive. Plants that fail to survive fail to achieve their primary purpose, which is reproduction. Those that do adapt live to produce seeds that genetically pass on the characteristics necessary for the species' continued survival in their environment.

Breeding, of course, artificially modifies the natural selection process to create plants that fit human needs and desires. Theoretically, it may be possible to create an artificial land race by letting a field of cannabis reproduce over many generations without human intervention. The adaptations may not align with human preferences, however. There is a theory that breeds would eventually return to their original, non-bred state if left to reproduce naturally.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Not sure if this is bro science or what , but dropping humidity can speed up the uptake of nutrients. During veg plants don't need as much so keeping a healthy humidity level is important at this stage for "optimum" results. Me personally, if and when I see a youngly struggling as it's nearing adulthood, I drop the humidity a bit and boom..it comes back to life. When we flip to flower and the plants hormones get "HUNGRY" to create flower... is when I drop the humidity even lower, the plants sucks up more water/nutrients for the speed up transpiration (higher VPD) . I aim for 1.2 mostly and during flower 1.5 or higher. Took some studying and looking around but I finally understand VPD. I can't expalin it fully but I understand it now and see how it effects' my plants.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
We have the same uncle life experience.
Vietnam vet, marijuana farmer my roll model!
My brother-in-law is a Vietnam veteran. He was a platoon leader. His platoon was dug in when it was hit by mortar fire. My brother-in-law was the sole survivor and was severely wounded. I know the story because he told me shortly after he recovered. I recently mentioned it, more than fifty years later, and learned that he never told anyone else. He even forgot that he told me. Even my sister, his wife, had never heard his story. Fortunately, he's still with us and has led a good life despite his injuries. (I was in the service then, but luckily never left the states.)

ACSippi

ACSippi

You will have hollow, thin water cell walls.
That's suppost to be a good thing! One thing I always remembered from the old science books was exactly that, they talked about the white stuff inside the stem. If it was hollow it was better quality weed. I never see anyone mention it, glad you did. Maybe someone else remembers?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That's suppost to be a good thing! One thing I always remembered from the old science books was exactly that, they talked about the white stuff inside the stem. If it was hollow it was better quality weed. I never see anyone mention it, glad you did. Maybe someone else remembers?
too much nitrogen,..
is the pith walls clean looking or dark?

Greenadian

Greenadian

Supporter
The results are smaller buds. Imagine a human taking in a lot of salt and less water. Skinny malnutrition individual. Small overall in size. That’s what you are doing in low humidity.
Bahahahahahaa Hilarious!!! Skinny little malnourished fella 🤣
Nicknamed lil' Salty

I

imgrowing

if there's one thing i learned in my vast experience (5 grows, 3 good, 2 not so good) if there's any issues it's either cal-mag deficiency or VPD.
at least that's what the internet says.
i'm getting better at reading the plants, but stopped trying to micro manage everything.
to much info can overload us newbs and cause us to F-up

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
yeah there is often someone answering cal-mag or vpd to every issues they see in a thread asking for help even when it has nothing to do with it.
60% of the times it’s as simple as a bug,
And then there’s the cal mag guys and gals

Top Bottom