Legit experienced growers enter here.

• Thread starter ACSippi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ACSippi

ACSippi

I fully get what your goal is. Basics for the "no child left behind" new growers. Dumbing it down to a level so that anyone could do it.

I also get that not all new growers need or want it on that level and that's fine you're not doing it for that part of "the class".
That's it in a nutshell. What you don't know is I've already planned on spending days months years decades with this. I already know what's going to happen, emails asking me about stuff or problems along the way. Help help help is what I do. I never planned on dropping a video and let it sit, I'll be there for whatever someone asks.

'Hey AC Sippi, I might have PM what do I do now, everything else is perfect!'
'Hey, I live in a desert, will I still be okay or do i have to deviate?'
'You said keep it at PH6 but im comfortable with my PH control nowadays, can I deviate now?'
'Not that I understand stuff I want to try training, how do i go about that?'

I'll be there to help every step of the way. I know exactly what they're doing so helping would be cake.

ACSippi

ACSippi

i can change thread title to
things that cause different opinions with growing,..
I knew I'd get pushback from some but I don't care, I know my vision, I know it can be backed by pros. They may not like it being basic but they can't say I'm wrong. Once people see my mission play out they'll understand.

I know people are passionate about these plants and I know people love to debate. I knew this would be hard and I'm just getting started lol.

In fact, I reached out to a pro, he hates my videos and especially hates I don't show my face but he said the videos he watched were great. I also reached out to Todd M and he basically said the same 'show your face!' I think he even commented on my root rot video, or liked it, one of the two, then he packed up a care package for me that'll be here monday. If you know Todd you'll know he's cool af but he can also be critical. I sent him a link to my videos not even worried about what he'd say, because I knew they're legit. I'm glad he confirmed at least one of my vids are good lol.

ACSippi

ACSippi

All,
Not going to let this turn into a shit show!
@ACSippi has a brilliant idea here,
Bickering and arguing over what others think is easy to teach, is for you to go create your own thread your way. If you disagree here move on and do your own thing!!
Please no more negativity or negative vibes in here or any where else on The Farm!
Thank you for your patience,
Thread cleaning coming soon:)
Thank you for helping keep us in line!

ACSippi

ACSippi

I would like to hear about VPD as in my 45 years of growing ive never heard of vpd other than an abbreviation of vaped.I like to just keep it simple>basic dirt ,water ,flower veg nute and some bene microbes. It seems like alot of these posters just talking about their glory days which I find interesting but not what im here for
VPD is new, started a few years ago with thoughts it cured Powdery Mildew. During that time masses of new growers entered our world and VPD was everyone's subject. New growers saw that and thought it was important so most became VPD advocates. But yeah, 7/8 years ago no one even heard of VPD, nor cared, we didn't have to.

ACSippi

ACSippi

The terpenes/flavor/high are not the same anymore, not like how I remember it anyways. What were we smoking back in the days? #GotRedHAir?
I feel that way too. I just smoked a landrace and felt normal again. I've even abandoned my breeding project, switching back to the old stuff and breeding from there. I'm not a breeder because i dont have the room I just fafo. Actually I have plenty of room, it's my electricity that holds me back, it would cost thousands to upgrade.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

VPD is new, started a few years ago with thoughts it cured Powdery Mildew. During that time masses of new growers entered our world and VPD was everyone's subject. New growers saw that and thought it was important so most became VPD advocates. But yeah, 7/8 years ago no one even heard of VPD, nor cared, we didn't have to.
Don't want to ruffle feathers just curious.

You see no issue with a grow going 80f 30% rh the entire life cycle in soil

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
lot of people make it sound (vpd) that it's more critical for plants growth than it really is ...
Hmmm... I guess I don't know those people. I also don't recall using the word "critical." Saying it's unimportant is a similar type of mistake as saying it's critical. It's simply useful.

and not everyone is god indoor,
I didn't say we are all good at being a god to our plants. 🤪 At the end of the day, we who grow them make the difference between a successful crop and a failed crop.

i can't invest in a ac because the electric bill will rise too much and dehumidifier would be useless as my window is always open all years long 24/24.
That's a case in point for the argument against stating anything as a universal truth. We all must deal with our different situations. I honestly do respect your capabilities and value reading your posts, but I do have A/C and wouldn't dream of leaving a window open all year. Your issues are not my issues.

temperature and rh are just what the seasons and the weather are like and plants grow well enough without worrying about optimal vpd ...
Plants don't always grow "well enough" in the seasons and the weather. Who wouldn't worry about weather events like storms and droughts? We also don't all live in the same climate, and we don't all deal with the same pests. I just don't understand why an outdoor grower would not worry about temperature and humidity. Who would water their garden in a rainstorm? It's just not possible to hammer us all into the same paradigm.

Do you, @HerbalEdu, use an environment controller for your tent?

Is "well enough" good enough? It seems to me many of us continuously look for ways to improve our harvests. Being able to control the weather inside our tents goes a long way in that regard.

"Optimal vpd" is different from explaining what VPD is. I don't recall using the word "optimal," but it can be helpful for tent growers who have environment controllers.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
All,
Not going to let this turn into a shit show!
@ACSippi has a brilliant idea here,
Bickering and arguing over what others think is easy to teach, is for you to go create your own thread your way. If you disagree here move on and do your own thing!!
Please no more negativity or negative vibes in here or any where else on The Farm!
Thank you for your patience,
Thread cleaning coming soon:)
Thanks. I despise arguing and try to avoid it. I sometimes get involved anyway, and end up regretting it later. It's not my style. (I made my previous post before I saw this.) So, I'll walk away from this thread.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i came to this this thread without noticing there is an argument going on about vpd between the op and 2water ... that's not you that's two water page 8 that said he was a "firm believer in following vpd" and later said "that vpd was critical for veg and that was many new grower issue" ...

this is where it all started around page 8

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
i came to this this thread without noticing they was an argument going on about vpd between the op and 2water ... that's not you that's two water page 8 that said he was a "firm believer in following vpd" and later said "that vpd was critical for veg and that was many new grower issue" ...

this is where it all started around page 8
Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I saw there was an argument but mostly skipped over it. I don't like arguments. I'd be happy to have a civil discussion about VPD, though.

ACSippi

ACSippi

I'm not a dirt grower but no. Personally I'd lower and raise respectively but I'd think you'd be fine generally. If anything arises I'd tackle it immediatly. What's your opinion?

2Water

2Water

I knew I'd get pushback from some but I don't care, I know my vision, I know it can be backed by pros. They may not like it being basic but they can't say I'm wrong. Once people see my mission play out they'll understand.

I know people are passionate about these plants and I know people love to debate. I knew this would be hard and I'm just getting started lol.

In fact, I reached out to a pro, he hates my videos and especially hates I don't show my face but he said the videos he watched were great. I also reached out to Todd M and he basically said the same 'show your face!' I think he even commented on my root rot video, or liked it, one of the two, then he packed up a care package for me that'll be here monday. If you know Todd you'll know he's cool af but he can also be critical. I sent him a link to my videos not even worried about what he'd say, because I knew they're legit. I'm glad he confirmed at least one of my vids are good lol.
That's awesome you know Todd, this is serious, not me trolling. I've been trying to get ahold of him to reach out to Seattle Greg. I'm Bob from Tacoma's son, my parents divorced and I dont know my Washington family too well. If you can get that message out, it would be appreciated

ACSippi

ACSippi

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I saw there was an argument but mostly skipped over it. I don't like arguments. I'd be happy to have a civil discussion about VPD, though.
And that's it. You mentioned earlier about differences, my point is to get the fundamentals and deal with the variances that need to be made for each individual on a one on one conversation. I know it'll be a lot of work over the long term but I'm used to it and can deviate individually with ease.

Just trust me and let's see how this turns out. You may not understand what I'm thinking, maybe I'm confusing with my explanation, but you'll understand when I'm done.

I have a 30 minute long video made so far, I'm still adding on the back end and gotta add stuff to the front end. I'm even thinking about redoing part of the video or editing it, I forgot to add silly stuff that's helpful to know. There's other things I gotta figure out too.

It's not easy trying to do this when so many factors come into play. How am I going to navigate someone watching my tutorial when I'm growing in an open room and they're growing in a compact tent? The growing is still the same, all I gotta do is help them come up with ideas to keep their enviroment good, let them know what to watch out for. Just easy stuff I can do in a reply.

One bonus is people will come to me for help instead of me searching for people to help. I don't really search I just go places where people are asking for help. Maybe instead of typing I can say 'start watching this video at the 5 minute mark.' Or maybe just provide a link to a video. Then give them my email or ask them to hit US up at the Farm if they need more help. I actually already do that lol. 'The guys at THCfarmer are pros go ask them!'

ACSippi

ACSippi

That's awesome you know Todd, this is serious, not me trolling. I've been trying to get ahold of him to reach out to Seattle Greg. I'm Bob from Tacoma's son, my parents divorced and I dont know my Washington family too well. If you can get that message out, it would be appreciated
Todd is and always been easily accessible but I can understand him being hard to get a hold of because he really hates social media. So those are the wrong avenues. Go to his website (agseedco.com) and look for an email, I...let me look lol...actually use this email... [email protected]. I bet he responds before the day is over.

2Water

2Water

Todd is and always been easily accessible but I can understand him being hard to get a hold of because he really hates social media. So those are the wrong avenues. Go to his website (agseedco.com) and look for an email, I...let me look lol...actually use this email... [email protected]. I bet he responds before the day is over.
Yeah, I've spoken with him a couple times, figured he was unresponsive because of his mom. Figured you had direct connections, thanks though

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I'm not a dirt grower but no. Personally I'd lower and raise respectively but I'd think you'd be fine generally. If anything arises I'd tackle it immediatly. What's your opinion?
I think it would cripple the plant as a seedling searching for moisture needed to grow which in turn would negatively affect the plants health/growth moving forward. Soil dries out faster with lower rh leading to greater chance for root problems, especially to those who struggle with wet/dry cycle under "normal" conditions

Although it is not "critical" certain plants are planted at certain times in different regions based specifically on temperature and humidity for optimal growth, this has been going on alot longer than a few years

And I agree it should be lowered and raised respectively to put this specific plant into a better position to grow and be healthy.

Never saw it as an issue in hydro as the plant always has access to water

Again, not trying to argue. Just discuss things I have run across through the years growing plants in general. And why optimal ranges shouldn't just be brushed aside as irrelevant to a new grower, ranges being key word

ACSippi

ACSippi

I think it would cripple the plant as a seedling searching for moisture needed to grow which in turn would negatively affect the plants health/growth moving forward. Soil dries out faster with lower rh leading to greater chance for root problems, especially to those who struggle with wet/dry cycle under "normal" conditions

Although it is not "critical" certain plants are planted at certain times in different regions based specifically on temperature and humidity for optimal growth, this has been going on alot longer than a few years

And I agree it should be lowered and raised respectively to put this specific plant into a better position to grow and be healthy.

Never saw it as an issue in hydro as the plant always has access to water

Again, not trying to argue. Just discuss things I have run across through the years growing plants in general. And why optimal ranges shouldn't just be brushed aside as irrelevant to a new grower, ranges being key word
I understand what you're saying, my  beginner tutorial is directed at DWC/hydro minus coco, my specialty.

I invited people to make tutorials for dirt etc.

For me, humidity talk is easy, I can easily make a road map meme, week by week, and tighten up the tolerances. In the meantime I can ignore humidity till I get to flower to keep it simple. It's not like I'm going to abandon humidity in the future which is what you may be thinking.

You ever built a model car? They come with basic instructions to get the job done. Then you build another and have ideas. Now you built another car and another. Over time you may find yourself looking at pictures of engine bays and building exact replicas. That's kinda how I'm going about this.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Yeah, I've spoken with him a couple times, figured he was unresponsive because of his mom. Figured you had direct connections, thanks though
I don't have direct connections to anyone on this planet, I just reach out or people reach out to me, that's as far as it goes.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

can't say for flowering as i never get below 40% with plant tanspiration in my crowded sog set up espcially at night when light is off.

but for seedling, veg, and 4 first flowering weeks of stretch.

i never noticed a difference in growth with plant having 20%rh, 40-50rh or up to 70% rh

to me proper watering pratice and proper wet dry cycle for soil will make it that the plant will always find enough water it need regardless ambient rh.

wich also imply that having a vigorous and healthy growth the first few weeks isn't that much linked to rh ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom