Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

Quick question peeps the time is drawing near that I'll need to support my colas as they're starting to put on some weight. Because my plant needed to be mobile I was unable to use any netting for support so I'll need to use bamboo sticks and tie off to them. My question is will pushing the bamboo into the soil cause damage to her root system that will have an adverse effect on her health.?

Quick question peeps the time is drawing near that I'll need to support my colas as they're starting to put on some weight. Because my plant needed to be mobile I was unable to use any netting for support so I'll need to use bamboo sticks and tie off to them. My question is will pushing the bamboo into the soil cause damage to her root system that will have an adverse effect on her health.?
I stop pushing if I hit a very large, durable root, but otherwise, I don't worry too much about it. You could smooth off sharp edges on the sticks before you insert them. I haven't killed anything yet! I use Great White Mychorrizae frequently and I figure that stuff will help rebuild and grow new roots if any are damaged.

Stay away from the tap root, and all should be fine.

A few yrs ago, I had a visitor from Australia (for Burning Man). He brought me Vegimite and some great Aussie Coffee..As for the vegimite..I guess it is an acquired taste..Not really to my liking. He was quite fond of the GG#4 that I grew though.:)
Oh, forgot to mention that my mass grass did quite well this 2019 season. Pic is Puta Breath from seed found in some Cali bud last February. Damn...wish I had more of those beans. Others not shown, Skunk XL, Apollo 11, Bruce Banner. And my favorite Vegemite sandwich...toasted English Muffin with butter (gonna be canna butter this year) then thin spread of vegemite then slice of cheddar cheese that melts and seals in the flavor. Try it!!! Great munchy food.

I’m trying to figure this out in a new post, but it always shows replying. Anyway, I grew my first beautiful ChemDawg 4 plant which will be cut down to process. I had cut off a smaller branch from the bottom when I split my stock. It dried out and have been so pleased with my buds. QUESTION: I found one seed hiding in one bud. Is it good? I didn’t think female plants produce seeds? Would it be female as well? TYIA!
that's those chem lines for ya. since the great-great-great-you get what i mean-grandmother was clone only, she had to be forced to hermie in order to get sexual reproduction started at all. as i recently learned in my new adventures in seed stock (SOOO FUN), my pack of back-crossed HP13 from JJ was super prone to hermaphroditing. Six--count 'em six--of the seeds hermied. they were F2 also, so that made them even less stable.

mind you, just about everyone knows more about growing from seed than i do. but i can say that you of course won't know if the seed is female until you've grown it out and flipped it. it might not even be mature enough to germinate, but go for it. of the thousands of you that know what you're doing with seeds, PLEASE correct me if i've got that part wrong.

Last edited:
For the outdoor plants and indoor larf! Love the thing. I bought it cheap and rebuilt it to sell..but after seeing how great and fast it does..I am gonna keep it!
we bought a big machine last year, and i was surprised how well it did, but that was when we were still guerilla. this is our first legal year, so only 25 plants (well maybe a half dozen volunteers mysteriously appeared around the edges of our hemp grow 😉) this year. but i was really impressed and surprised by the machine!

plus the plants turned out to be much smaller this year because my grow partner and i hadn't taken into account the extra time growing from seed would take. so we hired the best of the best to maximize quality and minimize the loss of some flower the machine would have eaten. we don't keef our buds, but we do trim on screens to retain what would have gotten gooped up on the machine.

and @Buzzer777 , i read a post of yours saying that the taproot and root structure from plants grown from seed somewhat limits the root mass, which of course determines the vegetation size. that really helped me understand why the plants were smaller this year. we were a bit perplexed.

we bought a big machine last year, and i was surprised how well it did, but that was when we were still guerilla. this is our first legal year, so only 25 plants (well maybe a half dozen volunteers mysteriously appeared around the edges of our hemp grow 😉) this year. but i was really impressed and surprised by the machine!

plus the plants turned out to be much smaller this year because my grow partner and i hadn't taken into account the extra time growing from seed would take. so we hired the best of the best to maximize quality and minimize the loss of some flower the machine would have eaten. we don't keef our buds, but we do trim on screens to retain what would have gotten gooped up on the machine.

and @Buzzer777 , i read a post of yours saying that the taproot and root structure from plants grown from seed somewhat limits the root mass, which of course determines the vegetation size. that really helped me understand why the plants were smaller this year. we were a bit perplexed.
Thank You @SinCity, but I don't recall saying that. I did say that the difference between a clone and a plant from seed is the tap root that the clone doesn't have.

I have a small manual bowl trimmer that I use for indoor larf (arthritis sux), and it does fine.
My outdoor grow was only 4 plants, but the amount of trim was incredibly huge..that machine saved my butt and I was able to easily trim a plant per day taking my time and dabbing on the way..LOL

I hand trimmed some outdoor for smoke and the rest is in the Deep freeze for fresh frozen later this winter.

Thank You @SinCity, but I don't recall saying that. I did say that the difference between a clone and a plant from seed is the tap root that the clone doesn't have.

I have a small manual bowl trimmer that I use for indoor larf (arthritis sux), and it does fine.
My outdoor grow was only 4 plants, but the amount of trim was incredibly huge..that machine saved my butt and I was able to easily trim a plant per day taking my time and dabbing on the way..LOL

I hand trimmed some outdoor for smoke and the rest is in the Deep freeze for fresh frozen later this winter.
must have been someone else, but i didn't have to be on this site long to think solid info would have come from you. you and alot of others on this site have been simply transformative for me. i was in a bad place having just moved to humboldt a few years ago from NYC. i was pissed at the humboldt world that thinks it knows everything and thinks they actually supply the whole country with weed and pissed at poor genetics around me and pissed that there was no good indoor and pissed that everybody thought humboldt produced the best weed ever and pissed at poor information people were spewing around...well, you get it.

don't get me wrong, i'm incredibly grateful that i moved out here to start to grow again after decades in other aspects of the weed world. and i get to grow trees! fucking trees! i'm incredibly grateful for the opportunities humboldt gives me. i'm incredibly grateful for how stunningly beautiful it is here. no more freezing cold, no more horribly hot, no more traffic jams--lots of things. but i was kinda losing my mind. i had a funny moment with someone at a party who had moved out here about ten years ago when in the course of our conversation we had a huge laugh when we simultaneously marveled that we were in the middle of humboldt county and we were going to have to grow our own headstash!! now i get to go back to growing indoor also (thought i might stop doing the outdoor sites, but i'm gonna keep doing them for obvious reasons 😉 , and--because of all of you on this site-- i get to learn my way around the strain revolution and LEDs and all sorts of stuff in this whole new world of seed and strains and knowledge being freely and widely spread. what a wonderful thing it is that has happened. an incredible thing to see this plant unleashed....and to see people spreading information and help and genes....never thought i'd see this.

must have been someone else, but i didn't have to be on this site long to think solid info would have come from you. you and alot of others on this site have been simply transformative for me. i was in a bad place having just moved to humboldt a few years ago from NYC. i was pissed at the humboldt world that thinks it knows everything and thinks they actually supply the whole country with weed and pissed at poor genetics around me and pissed that there was no good indoor and pissed that everybody thought humboldt produced the best weed ever and pissed at poor information people were spewing around...well, you get it.

don't get me wrong, i'm incredibly grateful that i moved out here to start to grow again after decades in other aspects of the weed world. and i get to grow trees! fucking trees! i'm incredibly grateful for the opportunities humboldt gives me. i'm incredibly grateful for how stunningly beautiful it is here. no more freezing cold, no more horribly hot, no more traffic jams--lots of things. but i was kinda losing my mind. i had a funny moment with someone at a party who had moved out here about ten years ago when in the course of our conversation we had a huge laugh when we simultaneously marveled that we were in the middle of humboldt county and we were going to have to grow our own headstash!! now i get to go back to growing indoor also (thought i might stop doing the outdoor sites, but i'm gonna keep doing them for obvious reasons 😉 , and--because of all of you on this site-- i get to learn my way around the strain revolution and LEDs and all sorts of stuff in this whole new world of seed and strains and knowledge being freely and widely spread. what a wonderful thing it is that has happened. an incredible thing to see this plant unleashed....and to see people spreading information and help and genes....never thought i'd see this.
Just an FYI..

I ESCAPED from NY over 35 yrs ago and never looked back (never been back either) ..It was not so easy adjusting to western life..even then, but happily it worked out fine. I landed in Las Vegas first, but ESCAPED to Reno when that got too big. Now Reno has gotten too big, but at my age..I am staying put.
We just about have it all here..Gaming, weed, no State Income taxes, legal hookers and great weather..NO TOLL BOOTHS EITHER..LOL

Just an FYI..

I ESCAPED from NY over 35 yrs ago and never looked back (never been back either) ..It was not so easy adjusting to western life..even then, but happily it worked out fine. I landed in Las Vegas first, but ESCAPED to Reno when that got too big. Now Reno has gotten too big, but at my age..I am staying put.
We just about have it all here..Gaming, weed, no State Income taxes, legal hookers and great weather..NO TOLL BOOTHS EITHER..LOL
sittin' plush with a royal flush !

I modified my scissors years ago with a bigger power pack and it indeed made this thing go way faster. I think they were called the testarosa trimmer but this thing is like a Lamborghini after the power pack upgrade. Get through a pound in less than an hour and then I fine trim with hand scissors and clean all my buds up super tight. I have 19 plants I cut by myself and the only time I have to do it is through the middle of the night. Work all night then all day for croptober. It’s an exhausting month. This year I did a lot of dry trimming. And honesty it’s faster than everything. But I still like trimming wet. If I do this again next year I may just use the electric and buzz all the stuff up quick and then hang it. Then come back and clean it. I was going one or two plants at a time this year and in one day it dropped to 7 degrees and didn’t get above 20. Half my crop was subject to those temps and it hurt the plants a bit. I still got really dank stuff from the after freeze but it was just not as bright green. The taste and stone are still there if not more.
Learn something new every year .

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out