Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SinCity

SinCity

I’m trying to figure this out in a new post, but it always shows replying. Anyway, I grew my first beautiful Chemdog 4 plant which will be cut down to process. I had cut off a smaller branch from the bottom when I split my stock. It dried out and have been so pleased with my buds. QUESTION: I found one seed hiding in one bud. Is it good? I didn’t think female plants produce seeds? Would it be female as well? TYIA!

that's those chem lines for ya. since the great-great-great-you get what i mean-grandmother was clone only, she had to be forced to hermie in order to get sexual reproduction started at all. as i recently learned in my new adventures in seed stock (SOOO FUN), my pack of back-crossed HP13 from JJ was super prone to hermaphroditing. Six--count 'em six--of the seeds hermied. they were F2 also, so that made them even less stable.

mind you, just about everyone knows more about growing from seed than i do. but i can say that you of course won't know if the seed is female until you've grown it out and flipped it. it might not even be mature enough to germinate, but go for it. of the thousands of you that know what you're doing with seeds, PLEASE correct me if i've got that part wrong.

Last edited:
SinCity

SinCity

For the outdoor plants and indoor larf! Love the thing. I bought it cheap and rebuilt it to sell..but after seeing how great and fast it does..I am gonna keep it!

we bought a big machine last year, and i was surprised how well it did, but that was when we were still guerilla. this is our first legal year, so only 25 plants (well maybe a half dozen volunteers mysteriously appeared around the edges of our hemp grow 😉) this year. but i was really impressed and surprised by the machine!

plus the plants turned out to be much smaller this year because my grow partner and i hadn't taken into account the extra time growing from seed would take. so we hired the best of the best to maximize quality and minimize the loss of some flower the machine would have eaten. we don't keef our buds, but we do trim on screens to retain what would have gotten gooped up on the machine.

and @Buzzer777 , i read a post of yours saying that the taproot and root structure from plants grown from seed somewhat limits the root mass, which of course determines the vegetation size. that really helped me understand why the plants were smaller this year. we were a bit perplexed.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

we bought a big machine last year, and i was surprised how well it did, but that was when we were still guerilla. this is our first legal year, so only 25 plants (well maybe a half dozen volunteers mysteriously appeared around the edges of our hemp grow 😉) this year. but i was really impressed and surprised by the machine!

plus the plants turned out to be much smaller this year because my grow partner and i hadn't taken into account the extra time growing from seed would take. so we hired the best of the best to maximize quality and minimize the loss of some flower the machine would have eaten. we don't keef our buds, but we do trim on screens to retain what would have gotten gooped up on the machine.

and @Buzzer777 , i read a post of yours saying that the taproot and root structure from plants grown from seed somewhat limits the root mass, which of course determines the vegetation size. that really helped me understand why the plants were smaller this year. we were a bit perplexed.
Thank You @SinCity, but I don't recall saying that. I did say that the difference between a clone and a plant from seed is the tap root that the clone doesn't have.

I have a small manual bowl trimmer that I use for indoor larf (arthritis sux), and it does fine.
My outdoor grow was only 4 plants, but the amount of trim was incredibly huge..that machine saved my butt and I was able to easily trim a plant per day taking my time and dabbing on the way..LOL

I hand trimmed some outdoor for smoke and the rest is in the Deep freeze for fresh frozen later this winter.

SinCity

SinCity

Thank You @SinCity, but I don't recall saying that. I did say that the difference between a clone and a plant from seed is the tap root that the clone doesn't have.

I have a small manual bowl trimmer that I use for indoor larf (arthritis sux), and it does fine.
My outdoor grow was only 4 plants, but the amount of trim was incredibly huge..that machine saved my butt and I was able to easily trim a plant per day taking my time and dabbing on the way..LOL

I hand trimmed some outdoor for smoke and the rest is in the Deep freeze for fresh frozen later this winter.

must have been someone else, but i didn't have to be on this site long to think solid info would have come from you. you and alot of others on this site have been simply transformative for me. i was in a bad place having just moved to humboldt a few years ago from NYC. i was pissed at the humboldt world that thinks it knows everything and thinks they actually supply the whole country with weed and pissed at poor genetics around me and pissed that there was no good indoor and pissed that everybody thought humboldt produced the best weed ever and pissed at poor information people were spewing around...well, you get it.

don't get me wrong, i'm incredibly grateful that i moved out here to start to grow again after decades in other aspects of the weed world. and i get to grow trees! fucking trees! i'm incredibly grateful for the opportunities humboldt gives me. i'm incredibly grateful for how stunningly beautiful it is here. no more freezing cold, no more horribly hot, no more traffic jams--lots of things. but i was kinda losing my mind. i had a funny moment with someone at a party who had moved out here about ten years ago when in the course of our conversation we had a huge laugh when we simultaneously marveled that we were in the middle of humboldt county and we were going to have to grow our own headstash!! now i get to go back to growing indoor also (thought i might stop doing the outdoor sites, but i'm gonna keep doing them for obvious reasons 😉 , and--because of all of you on this site-- i get to learn my way around the strain revolution and LEDs and all sorts of stuff in this whole new world of seed and strains and knowledge being freely and widely spread. what a wonderful thing it is that has happened. an incredible thing to see this plant unleashed....and to see people spreading information and help and genes....never thought i'd see this.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

must have been someone else, but i didn't have to be on this site long to think solid info would have come from you. you and alot of others on this site have been simply transformative for me. i was in a bad place having just moved to humboldt a few years ago from NYC. i was pissed at the humboldt world that thinks it knows everything and thinks they actually supply the whole country with weed and pissed at poor genetics around me and pissed that there was no good indoor and pissed that everybody thought humboldt produced the best weed ever and pissed at poor information people were spewing around...well, you get it.

don't get me wrong, i'm incredibly grateful that i moved out here to start to grow again after decades in other aspects of the weed world. and i get to grow trees! fucking trees! i'm incredibly grateful for the opportunities humboldt gives me. i'm incredibly grateful for how stunningly beautiful it is here. no more freezing cold, no more horribly hot, no more traffic jams--lots of things. but i was kinda losing my mind. i had a funny moment with someone at a party who had moved out here about ten years ago when in the course of our conversation we had a huge laugh when we simultaneously marveled that we were in the middle of humboldt county and we were going to have to grow our own headstash!! now i get to go back to growing indoor also (thought i might stop doing the outdoor sites, but i'm gonna keep doing them for obvious reasons 😉 , and--because of all of you on this site-- i get to learn my way around the strain revolution and LEDs and all sorts of stuff in this whole new world of seed and strains and knowledge being freely and widely spread. what a wonderful thing it is that has happened. an incredible thing to see this plant unleashed....and to see people spreading information and help and genes....never thought i'd see this.
Just an FYI..

I ESCAPED from NY over 35 yrs ago and never looked back (never been back either) ..It was not so easy adjusting to western life..even then, but happily it worked out fine. I landed in Las Vegas first, but ESCAPED to Reno when that got too big. Now Reno has gotten too big, but at my age..I am staying put.
We just about have it all here..Gaming, weed, no State Income taxes, legal hookers and great weather..NO TOLL BOOTHS EITHER..LOL

SinCity

SinCity

Just an FYI..

I ESCAPED from NY over 35 yrs ago and never looked back (never been back either) ..It was not so easy adjusting to western life..even then, but happily it worked out fine. I landed in Las Vegas first, but ESCAPED to Reno when that got too big. Now Reno has gotten too big, but at my age..I am staying put.
We just about have it all here..Gaming, weed, no State Income taxes, legal hookers and great weather..NO TOLL BOOTHS EITHER..LOL

sittin' plush with a royal flush !

Wolfe

Wolfe

I modified my scissors years ago with a bigger power pack and it indeed made this thing go way faster. I think they were called the testarosa trimmer but this thing is like a Lamborghini after the power pack upgrade. Get through a pound in less than an hour and then I fine trim with hand scissors and clean all my buds up super tight. I have 19 plants I cut by myself and the only time I have to do it is through the middle of the night. Work all night then all day for croptober. It’s an exhausting month. This year I did a lot of dry trimming. And honesty it’s faster than everything. But I still like trimming wet. If I do this again next year I may just use the electric and buzz all the stuff up quick and then hang it. Then come back and clean it. I was going one or two plants at a time this year and in one day it dropped to 7 degrees and didn’t get above 20. Half my crop was subject to those temps and it hurt the plants a bit. I still got really dank stuff from the after freeze but it was just not as bright green. The taste and stone are still there if not more.
Learn something new every year .

SinCity

SinCity

I modified my scissors years ago with a bigger power pack and it indeed made this thing go way faster. I think they were called the testarosa trimmer but this thing is like a Lamborghini after the power pack upgrade. Get through a pound in less than an hour and then I fine trim with hand scissors and clean all my buds up super tight. I have 19 plants I cut by myself and the only time I have to do it is through the middle of the night. Work all night then all day for croptober. It’s an exhausting month. This year I did a lot of dry trimming. And honesty it’s faster than everything. But I still like trimming wet. If I do this again next year I may just use the electric and buzz all the stuff up quick and then hang it. Then come back and clean it. I was going one or two plants at a time this year and in one day it dropped to 7 degrees and didn’t get above 20. Half my crop was subject to those temps and it hurt the plants a bit. I still got really dank stuff from the after freeze but it was just not as bright green. The taste and stone are still there if not more.
Learn something new every year .

my ass stays in the drying houses--and makes sure my trimmers have everything their little hearts could possibly desire (plus $250 per lol).

IMG 5550
IMG 5556
IMG 5549

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Just an FYI..

Damn, Reno sounds good for all the reasons you mentioned, especially the no tolls and legal hookers. I recently retired and am looking for warmer place to retire.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Damn, Reno sounds good for all the reasons you mentioned, especially the no tolls and legal hookers. I recently retired and am looking for warmer place to retire.
@nashoba
Reno is downright hot in the summers but very dry..like in the low 100's but dropping into the low 60's at night. Winters can be decent of frigid with tons of snow.

it is actually a paradise for those that enjoy the outdoors. Good place to grow too (for an MMJ card holder that is)

I have never even seen a legal hooker, but there are many "ranches" south of Reno (I am actually a bit north of the city)
In any event..I love it here. (I am a short drive from Lake Tahoe too:))
Snap6

SinCity

SinCity

@nashoba
Reno is downright hot in the summers but very dry..like in the low 100's but dropping into the low 60's at night. Winters can be decent of frigid with tons of snow.

it is actually a paradise for those that enjoy the outdoors. Good place to grow too (for an MMJ card holder that is)

I have never even seen a legal hooker, but there are many "ranches" south of Reno (I am actually a bit north of the city)
In any event..I love it here. (I am a short drive from Lake Tahoe too:))
View attachment 904167

as i get older and more autonomous, i find that being in the most comfortable climates is central to my happiness. can't stand hot, nor arid. nor cold. lol. that's why i won't live where my site is. weed likes southwest oregon. i like coastal northern california.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

For the outdoor plants and indoor larf! Love the thing. I bought it cheap and rebuilt it to sell..but after seeing how great and fast it does..I am gonna keep it!
Would this damage the tricones in any way or at least be knocking them off
Wouldn't this be damaging the tricones in some way..?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Would this damage the tricones in any way or at least be knocking them off

Wouldn't this be damaging the tricones in some way..?
I do think it would slightly damage the trichs, but The amount that I would have had to trim would have crippled me, so I chose the lesser of 2 evils. That outdoor crop is mostly in the deep freeze for hash this winter..I only kept out a few ounces that I hand trimmed for Smoking and rosin pressing.

Wolfe

Wolfe

my ass stays in the drying houses--and makes sure my trimmers have everything their little hearts could possibly desire (plus $250 per lol).

View attachment 904000View attachment 904001View attachment 904007
I cut 28 pounds by myself once through a month of no sleep. I worked days and nights. I literally worked my day job and cut all night for a month. I don’t hire anybody ever and it’s all mine anyhow. I smoke like 3 pounds per year and have an edibles license. I’m also making balm and concentrates for myself. I’ll give my buddies some also at times. Never sprayed once with any preventive, completely organic composted soil water only fully automated. I also have a 6k watt indoor I can run simultaneously if I feel the need. This year I said the hell with it and the electric cost. I grew 19 plants for myself.

SinCity

SinCity

I cut 28 pounds by myself once through a month of no sleep. I worked days and nights. I literally worked my day job and cut all night for a month. I don’t hire anybody ever and it’s all mine anyhow. I smoke like 3 pounds per year and have an edibles license. I’m also making balm and concentrates for myself. I’ll give my buddies some also at times. Never sprayed once with any preventive, completely organic composted soil water only fully automated. I also have a 6k watt indoor I can run simultaneously if I feel the need. This year I said the hell with it and the electric cost. I grew 19 plants for myself.

wow--that's a huge amount of work! one of the aspects of weed world i'm most fascinated with is the huge array of grow operation models. i'm always analyzing and comparing different models, breaking down the types and levels of inputs and outputs, weighing them against (or with) the different goals, opportunities, and constraints each operation has. i love studying systems.

right now this is what i'm doing: for the past three years, i've partnered with a great grower to do large outdoor full-season grows. We've had to partner with a different land owner each time, due to various problems (first site wasn't in the right climatic zone for a full-season outdoor grow. last year, the owner wouldn't listen to my business experience nor my partner's growing experience. this year was ok. but for next year, i think i've found a GREAT situation.

we did raised beds with well-analyzed and organically amended soil, plus organic teas we make ourselves, some top dressings and foliar feeds. we of course lay drip lines, but we also top water. no sprays--just clean clone rooms (and this year a clean seedling room), poly-cropping, and biological predators. we did about 30 plants (plus an acre of about 800 hemp plants). we get anywhere from 4 to 7 pounds from each plant--depending on the strain.

my partner does most of the labor on the site until harvest. i help some on the site--but most of my work is on other aspects. the only people we hire are three trimmers who work for about 5 or 6 weeks averaging a pound a day on the cannabis. it's all already spoken for at the start of the season, at a very high number. the trim is also already spoken for at the start of the season. the hemp is processed whole by an off site partner.

but i'm super excited to be firing up my first indoor room in decades. germination starts next week. 500 square feet. short veg, three stage rooms, with an ante-chamber for entrance. perpetual. hand watered. three up-pots to a final 3-gallon. royal gold's mendo mix soil. crop max when needed. we'll see what kind of genetics we have, trying all sorts of well--recommended/well-researched strains and breeders/companies. i haven't fully decided on lighting yet. gavitas or full-spectrum LEDs...

LOVE THIS PLANT AND THIS PLANT'S PEOPLE!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom