• Tagged users None
ThiccHarambe

ThiccHarambe

I swear I'm not a tree hugger, just a cannabis lover. 🤣
IMG 20200728 105621 261

Keep up the amazing work everyone!

RookieBC

RookieBC

Alrighty, spent the last week and a half with my ladies not happy. They stopped getting bigger, didn't seem like they were eating, and were getting lighter and lighter green by the hour. My Calimag got lost in shipping and my plants were locked out. Dropping leaves. Fan leaves pale yellow, and just not responding to anything. I upped the food I was giving them to make sure they had it available. Got to the Grow store yesterday and grabbed Calimagic and got some free samples of the CX Hydroponics supplements line. Masta Head, Bloom enhancer, Regen a root and veg booster. Got home last night mixed up a nice dose of Calimagic and Regen a root and the veg booster. Gave it to 2 of the ladies and 2 didn't get any so I could see the difference and they were still a bit wet. In less that 12 hours the difference is unreal. Leaves are darkening back up, leaves are happy, no more dropping or wilting they are stretching back up to the sky luckily It seems were back on track just in time for them to begin stretching and get back to increasing in size and height. Check out the difference below of the ones who got the new Calimagic and new shops and those that didn't. I thought I might see a tiny difference if any at all overnight . The one picture is from last week with the yellow leaves dying at the bottom and plant feeding on its own leaves.
IMG 20200728 105740

IMG 20200728 105758
IMG 20200728 105810
IMG 20200728 105818
IMG 20200710 141108
IMG 20200727 155004 01 1

RookieBC

RookieBC

Outdoor 2020
Wow beautiful pool. Better looking plants though. I'd drain that pool for winter get a nice cover and do a below ground winter indoor outdoor pool grow lol depending where you live or if it's somewhere hit keep the pool filled up and teach those plants to swim

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

How much per gallon and anything else added to the mix?

any advice on leaf eating pests?

thanks in advance
What is eating your plants? Its it really bad? I usually tell ppl that when you grow outdoors bugs happen. Unless it's bad and just a few holes here and there then not to worry about it.

Slimone

Slimone

I haven’t found the culprit
It’s not bad but I want to be prepared in case it gets worse.
I usually stay indoors and don’t have to deal with this

thanks for the reply
Tried to quote you but screwed up

also you outdoor gardens are unreal!!!!

Hats off!!!

Newmichfarmer531

Newmichfarmer531

Evening guys and gals just wanted to give you an update she's starting to come back slowly but surely

20200728 125749
FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Hey there! Once again a stellar grow buddy! Good news on the flowering girls whatcha got going this year? I’m sure hoping to see the transition here soon!
Thanks man. GMO x Chemdog 91, Gelato, GG #4 Shoreline OG, Dragonfruit, And Sour D. I have a small Sour D in a 1 gallon fabric pot and it’s already in like week 5. Nice little early treat haha.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

My wife just showed me that the big lilac bush next to my outdoor plant had really bad pm. I stripped the lilac down to the sticks and got rid of all the leaves then I sprayed both plants with essential oils and a little soap. Fingers cross.

703A2A8E 1E9E 4E11 B742 A5B8A39F97ED
P

Papagreenseeds

Hey everyone, Papa Green Seeds here with my first ever post.

This year was the first time I have grown cannabis, and the experience has been awesome so far. It's easy to become obsessed and pretty connected with your ladies over the weeks and I am hoping the attention I have paid to them is rewarded!

I have made mistakes, no doubt about it but overall am pleased with the progress. I have 3 plants, 1 Karamel, 1 Yumbolt and 1 White widow growing outside under the sun in Spain.

PLEASE - if you see any glaring errors (especially with my LST) - let me know - I am here to learn!

20200721 090424
20200723 074553
20200723 185105
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

OMG......I am ridiculously jealous of some of the beautiful plants in this thread !

My first grow.....as is always the case, I went "go big or go home"......I have 4 grows going (4 generations at once).....growing outdoors in Michigan. Terrible weather (always sketchy here, but I never realized the effects such weather had on plants until now). I live in the woods with 5 flower gardens. BUGS GALORE!

Currently battling a consecutive array of crap......powdery mildew and white flies (same auto plant 2 weeks from hopeful harvest) yellow sticky tape is catching an amazing array of fliers now, aphids, nutrient deficiencies......I have hella hard water (tons of calcium) having nutrient lockout on my only photo which is also revegging. It was a gift clone put out too early & flowered...now back into veg stage.....I ended up having to transplant it.

The entire 5 gallon pot was CAKED with calcium ! PH of soil has been a real b*tch to get down. Now luckily under 7.0 and I think it's absorbing nutes now? she looks better, I really want her to thrive. She is SO sticky. The flowers she had were AMAZING.....now they are getting lackluster as new growth is the norm instead 😥

I am harvesting my autos as I go....and I did pluck a few choice flowers from the photo and they're drying now along with the buds from my first auto plant harvested. They had cloudy trikes and some amber even.....she was only 5 weeks into flower, so I'm surprised. Maybe all this heat? no idea. But......I refused to lose it all. So dank & brilliant smelling.

I just bought an RO system, hooking up today. This big girl is now happier in her 10 gallon pot. Unfortunately it's plastic. I drilled holes in various spots on the sides to help dissipate the extreme heat....hope it works a bit.

She is still strong......a real trouper. Catapillar bites on so many leaves.....but at least I get to do the neem routine since the flowers are now throwing out one fingered leaves instead of gorgeous white pistils. Sigh. Been foliar feeding her also.....her root system is still bad from that initial tiny 5 gallon cloth pot she filled almost instantly. Totally FULL of roots when I transplanted. I was insanely careful when I did it. I noticed brand new growth the following morning with zero wilt or issues. (praying).

Unfortunately though.....I didn't realize she was back in veg and surrounded her with "flower doo". Been supplementing veg nutes via foliar spray hoping to get her color back in check. She's greening up from a very pale green. She was so hungry 😳

Thus far.......I have battled fungus gnats, caterpillars, white flies, thrips, powdery mildew, botrytis, nute deficiencies, torrential rain, crazy high humidity, intense heat (90* for almost a week---twice), all the while keeping 4 stages of plant growth in check.

I feel SCHIZOPHRENIC !

Lmao.....thank goodness I work from home. I can keep tabs on all these issues regularly. If I didn't work from home, I would have no plants alive by now.

I do love Michigan......but wowzers......I may end up an "indoor grower" after all this?

I cannot say how impressed I am at you guys growing HUGE gardens outside organically.....this is no small feat. I spent 30 minutes picking white fly maggots off a single auto flower this morning hoping to hell I can keep the buds free. What if I had dozens of plants???? how can this be done? no idea !

Prevention, I guess. I will never be so lackluster in that area again. My new tact will be TREAT IT FIRST. I had fried a few plants using Dawn earlier in the season and became scared of using preventative measures. Never again. Just be smart about it instead. Bastile soap (or something with no bleach or anti-bacterials) So so so much easier to prevent than to try and treat later. Live & learn !

Not ready to part ways with my local pot seller yet........but? that's STILL the plan ! 💚

PM
Wf
Thrip
Reveg
Last edited:
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

I literally have the most gnarly looking group of plants I've ever seen 😹

I am going to keep them going though.....I'm learning (crash course) about every issue a grower can have. Maybe I'm getting 3 years of learning on a single year? anyway.....wanted to show my ugly plants to make a few newbies feel better about themselves.

I have 9 autos that I did NOT train.....all very tall & weird looking. A second batch of two that are very nice due to LST, but nute issues (bad soil), then another batch of 4 autos ---all midgets (horrible beginning soil)----then the photo I mentioned. All being attacked by fungus, mold & bugs.

All
Purepiff

Purepiff

OMG......I am ridiculously jealous of some of the beautiful plants in this thread !

My first grow.....as is always the case, I went "go big or go home"......I have 4 grows going (4 generations at once).....growing outdoors in Michigan. Terrible weather (always sketchy here, but I never realized the effects such weather had on plants until now). I live in the woods with 5 flower gardens. BUGS GALORE!

Currently battling a consecutive array of crap......powdery mildew and white flies (same auto plant 2 weeks from hopeful harvest) yellow sticky tape is catching an amazing array of fliers now, aphids, nutrient deficiencies......I have hella hard water (tons of calcium) having nutrient lockout on my only photo which is also revegging. It was a gift clone put out too early & flowered...now back into veg stage.....I ended up having to transplant it.

The entire 5 gallon pot was CAKED with calcium ! PH of soil has been a real b*tch to get down. Now luckily under 7.0 and I think it's absorbing nutes now? she looks better, I really want her to thrive. She is SO sticky. The flowers she had were AMAZING.....now they are getting lackluster as new growth is the norm instead 😥

I am harvesting my autos as I go....and I did pluck a few choice flowers from the photo and they're drying now along with the buds from my first auto plant harvested. They had cloudy trikes and some amber even.....she was only 5 weeks into flower, so I'm surprised. Maybe all this heat? no idea. But......I refused to lose it all. So dank & brilliant smelling.

I just bought an RO system, hooking up today. This big girl is now happier in her 10 gallon pot. Unfortunately it's plastic. I drilled holes in various spots on the sides to help dissipate the extreme heat....hope it works a bit.

She is still strong......a real trouper. Catapillar bites on so many leaves.....but at least I get to do the neem routine since the flowers are now throwing out one fingered leaves instead of gorgeous white pistils. Sigh. Been foliar feeding her also.....her root system is still bad from that initial tiny 5 gallon cloth pot she filled almost instantly. Totally FULL of roots when I transplanted. I was insanely careful when I did it. I noticed brand new growth the following morning with zero wilt or issues. (praying).

Unfortunately though.....I didn't realize she was back in veg and surrounded her with "flower doo". Been supplementing veg nutes via foliar spray hoping to get her color back in check. She's greening up from a very pale green. She was so hungry 😳

Thus far.......I have battled fungus gnats, caterpillars, white flies, thrips, powdery mildew, botrytis, nute deficiencies, torrential rain, crazy high humidity, intense heat (90* for almost a week---twice), all the while keeping 4 stages of plant growth in check.

I feel SCHIZOPHRENIC !

Lmao.....thank goodness I work from home. I can keep tabs on all these issues regularly. If I didn't work from home, I would have no plants alive by now.

I do love Michigan......but wowzers......I may end up an "indoor grower" after all this?

I cannot say how impressed I am at you guys growing HUGE gardens outside organically.....this is no small feat. I spent 30 minutes picking white fly maggots off a single auto flower this morning hoping to hell I can keep the buds free. What if I had dozens of plants???? how can this be done? no idea !

Prevention, I guess. I will never be so lackluster in that area again. My new tact will be TREAT IT FIRST. I had fried a few plants using Dawn earlier in the season and became scared of using preventative measures. Never again. Just be smart about it instead. Bastile soap (or something with no bleach or anti-bacterials) So so so much easier to prevent than to try and treat later. Live & learn !

Not ready to part ways with my local pot seller yet........but? that's STILL the plan ! 💚

A ro machine won't cure ur hard water problem. And u need to get ursekf a solid ipm and not wait for issues ti arise before u implement it. If ur weather sucks out there make some hoop houses or throw up a greenhouse they are cheap and easy

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

A ro machine won't cure ur hard water problem. And u need to get ursekf a solid ipm and not wait for issues ti arise before u implement it. If ur weather sucks out there make some hoop houses or throw up a greenhouse they are cheap and easy

Wait what? won't the RO system filter the calcium? that's my problem.....I noticed white chalk on my driveway after using a sprinkler hose for 20minutes the other day. Same on my pots. PPM of my well water is 175 (I think mostly calcium). Shouldn't the filters clean out the calcium? I got the 4 stage with the DI filter. Ugh....hope this DOES help.

Also....the PH of my well water is over 8.0---I've been PHing down since I realized that. The soil ended up getting caked with this stuff. Been a chore to amend it.

Also, I'm a total newb (but not a lazy one) what does "ipm" mean?

I have a method of covering plants (they don't get wet). I don't have a great space for a greenhouse unfortunately. I tend to move plants around to let them get lots of full sun (why I liked the smart post w/ handles).

Last edited:
Top Bottom